1/1

Is There 'Us'?

“Why can’t you think about my feelings? Can’t I have some time for myself, for Christ’s sake?”

“How about my feelings? Was my confession anything to you, at all? Did our time together, if it even exists, mean anything to you?”

“Why do you always have to bring that up? If you wait a little more-”

“For ’s sake why is it always me who has to wait? In the whole time of our relationship, all I’ve done is wait, and wait. Don’t you think I’ve waited long enough, Lee Jihoon?”


It was full silence, tense coating the whole atmosphere in the studio. Both of them were too tired to speak; to argue with each other.

That is, until the taller between the two says in a hushed voice.


“Honestly, why did you even agree to dating me?”


The door slammed close behind Seungcheol, leaving the other alone in the room, just like how he wanted it.

Outside of the room, Seungcheol ran his hand through his hair in frustration, leaning onto the door leading to the room.

Subconsciously, tears come out from his eyes. It didn’t even roll out from one eye like they always describe it. 

People always describe the tears as something beautiful, as if it was the peaceful rain drops pouring out from heavy clouds as you snuggle into your bed; as if it was that rhythmic.

It was all a big, fat lie to Seungcheol. His tears, the pain was nothing near to beautiful. It was horrible, as if it’s the rain that would make you worried if your house was going to get struck by a lightning as you cover all your windows; as if it was that destructive.


I don’t get it, I don’t get Lee Jihoon. 


In the room, Seungcheol’s sentence lingers in the room or in Jihoon’s mind. He couldn’t tell. 

He hated himself in this moment, he really did love Seungcheol. But he was too foolish, too immature.

He always thought that music was number one in his life, after his family. He was so used to pushing everything aside, for music.


Music was everything in his life.


But seeing how the taller guy’s words slashed a cut on his heart, it seems like music wasn’t exactly the first thing in heart. 

Despite everything that was happening, Jihoon’s hand was still on the mouse, moving it mindlessly. 
He didn’t want to admit it; the fact that Choi Seungcheol had wavered his love for music.


What’s happened has happened, so I should move on, right?


Contrary to his thoughts, tears were continuously pouring out of his own eyes, wetting his cheeks.

He feels an indescribable pain in his heart, and he feels as if this time, music wasn’t going to be able to plaster it up, how it always did.