Revelations

An Ode to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hajin was at a loss of words. She had no idea what to do, what she could possibly do. 

 

Everything in this life was insignificant. How could she go about living her life normally when she remembered all the people she had left behind? All the people who she had loved were long gone. She had left them all behind to come back to this life. 

 

She had left the man that she loved and their child behind. 

 

She had hoped that the pain and sadness of her last life would die with her but now it was coming back in spades, she remembered it all so vividly but she could never go back, she could never fix anything. 

 

Hajin sat on the floor of that gallery for a long time and cried. Cried for so long that eventually tears had stopped flowing and she just sat there, dry heaving. 

 

She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t how to stop the tears or make the pain go away. She didn’t know how to fix this. She just didn’t know. 

 

__________________________

 

Hajin somehow made her way back to her parent’s apartment where she immediately went into her room and locked the door. She grabbed her laptop off of her desk and crawled into bed under the covers. 

 

She waited impatiently for the Naver homepage to load as she forced herself to take deep breaths. She needed to know what happened to them, if they were okay. 

 

“Goryeo prince Wang Jung Daughter”  She typed into the search bar. 

 

There was barely any information that popped up, in fact she had only found one decent blog post and she skimmed over it eager to find more information.” 

 

“He was the fourteenth prince and son of the founder of Goryeo, King Taejo and Queen Sinmyungsoonseong. His two older brothers, Jeongjong and Gwangjong became the third and fourth kings of Goryeo, respectively. He served as the Grand General to both of his brothers and had one daughter and four sons. His daughter went on to marry Wang Ju and become his queen, who later became the fifth king of Goryeo, Gyeongjong.” 

 

That child, she couldn’t possibly have been Seol, no, she couldn’t. Jung would never have let her enter the palace. It couldn’t be. 

 

Who was Gyeongjong. 

 

She clicked the hyperlink and it led her to the page for Gyeongjong. 

 

“Gyeongjong was born Wang Ju, the crown prince and first son of Gwangjong and Queen Daemok. His queen was his first cousin..” 

 

There was no way. This couldn’t be true. 

Hajin couldn’t even bear to search up Gwangjong’s life. She knew he had lived a long and lonely life and even then, history had portrayed as a terrible and wretched man, a tyrant, something she knew to be false. 

 

If it was even possible, Hajin felt even more lost than she already was and certainly, even crappier. 

 

But even if she didn’t know what to do, she knew that everything had changed again in this life and that nothing would ever be the same. Her wish to forget everything in that life was naive. She knew now that she would carry that pain with her for the rest of her life. 

 

That night, and everyday for the next two weeks, Hajin cried herself dry. The only things that she felt was sadness and numbness. She had quit her job and could not bear to speak to her family in anything more than short, clipped sentences. She kept to herself and barel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter