Seeking for answers

Wounded Kiss

"Hyung, you know this isn't right. Even you hate it when your fans do this.."

Not receiving any response from the man who was frantically typing at the dining table, Yoochun grabbed the laptop when Jaejoong snapped.

"Yah! Can't you see that I was typing?! Give it back!"

"He would have come to you if he wanted.."

"I'm sure he does but he has got no choice! So I will go to him instead!"

"Right. By paying an exorbitant amount to a sasaeng fan in exchange for Yunho hyung's apartment address. You're feeding into this illegal activity! I'm not letting you do it!" 

Yoochun was about to walk away when Jaejoong immediately grabbed the laptop from him again.

"Jaejoong hyung!"

"I'm not asking for your help nor your opinion. I'm not stopping myself so don't think you can stop me."

Slamming his hand on the table, Yoochun tried to reason with the older again. "Yes! Nobody can stop you when you've set your mind out on something but this goes against the very principle that you believe in! Do you even realize what you're doing?! You're invading into other people's privacy in the most sickening way by encouraging others to help you out with it!'

"He's not just 'other people'. He's Jung Yunho. I want to know everything about him because I have the right to." Jaejoong replied monotonously as he continued typing.

"What right are you talking about when in actual fact you're considered nothing to him?!" Yoochun raised his voice when Junsu tugged his arm worriedly.

"Another word from you and it's the end of us." 

Suppressing his anger to the response he just heard, Yoochun flipped the dining chair and stomped out of the apartment. Junsu merely glanced at Jaejoong before leaving too.

========== 

Observing the fuming man gulping down the alcohol shot, Junsu pulled the empty cup from him. 

"No more, Yoochun-ah! You already finished up two bottles of soju!"

"Junsu yah," Yoochun called out as he get himself composed. "Don't you think Jaejoong hyung hasn't been himself after he left the military?"

Junsu quirked an eyebrow with his reply. "What do you mean? He has always been unpredictable.."

"Since then, there hasn't been a day he would not miss mentioning Yunho hyung's name. Do you think something happened between them in the army?"

"If there was, Jaejoong hyung would tell me! He only mentioned about their accidental encounter during that misarranged event. Hyung, you know this too.."

Yoochun nodded with an unconvincing facial expression, "Yeah.. but it disturbs me how often he kept mentioning Yunho hyung's name these days when he never did it before.."

"What if... what if they've reconciled?"

"That's impossible!"

"Why not??"

"It's impossible.. besides, Changmin will be the first to object strongly. It's just impossible." Pouring himself another glass of soju, Yoochun pointed at Junsu. "You'd better don't bring this topic up again. Especially to Jaejoong hyung. You won't know what kind of ridiculous answer he can give you."

 

***

 

Jaejoong pushed his gear to park as he laid his back against the car seat and shut his eyes. He has finally landed himself in the basement of Yunho's apartment building after getting the man's address upon paying a high price to a stalker fan whom he sought. 

He knows that it is not right for him to do this but he only has his irrational mindset to blame. It has been a month since he has not heard anything from Yunho. He has been banned from entering the building of SMent, the company who managed him in the past and currently managing Yunho. 

Moreover, even if he was allowed to enter any of the media broadcast stations to look for Yunho, the staff from SMent will already put up a human barrier before he could proceed further. This would create a greater chaos should he resists. 

As the days go by, Jaejoong got more restless. He did not received a single text nor call from the man at all and is dying to know from him. It is not like he has not been patient enough. It is because of being too patient that he is already at his wits end. By hook or by crook, he will find Yunho tonight. He is convinced that the older will understand why he had to show himself up.

For sure Yunho will understand. 

Jaejoong switched off the engine and went out of the car. Wearing his shade and oversized sweater, he quickly made his way to the lift lobby. He looked down and was about to step into the elevator as it opened when someone else stepped out. Upon pressing the lift button, his arm was harshly pulled out. 

"Jaejoong?! My radar has never failed me before.. You're Kim Jaejoong! Don't think you can hide behind your shades!" 

"So what if it's me?"

Slightly pushing the Jaejoong's shoulder, the man took a clearer look at him. "Yah... I can't believe it... It's really you! it has been a really long time! You must have been bathing in money isn't it? I'm sure the assets of three of you will be more than enough to buy our whole company and even the Chairman right??"

"I've got no time for you," Jaejoong was blocked again as he attempted to press the button for the elevator.

"How did you know to come here?"

"We no longer have that kind of privilege to be sharing our private lives with each other."

Laughing at the curt response, the man leaned closer and whispered. "I know you too well, Kim Jaejoong. And... you're also aware that I know what happened..."

"If the great Kim Heechul says so, then he wouldn't be wasting his time blocking my way like this.."

"Do you think I want to do this? You're fortunate enough to run into me earlier. What's the rush in looking for Yunho? We have six years of life to catch up on!"

Jaejoong was getting restless and wanted to force his way through when Heechul pulled his arm again. "Changmin is up there. Are you ready to face him?"

"Ch-Changmin..? I thought he's staying in his own apartment?"

"Maybe you didn't ask for more details from whoever you paid to get the address to come here. Changmin bought the apartment unit beside Yunho's. I just got back from hanging out with them and since it's already almost three in the morning now.... he's probably too lazy to even walk back to his apartment and just sleeps at Yunho's house. As he always does.."

Seeing that Jaejoong refused to budge from his position and stared into space, Heechul s his arm around the younger's shoulder. "On account that we used to be best friends.. Let's go for a drink and mend our relationship, shall we?"

"I.. I'll just go back home."

"No, you're not. If you're stubborn, I am more stubborn than you. See? All along we're made for each other. Come on!" 

Hesitantly, Jaejoong followed Heechul back to the basement carpark when his shoulder was firmly gripped, "Still as rash as ever. You can't just strut your way in like this. Haven't you learnt your lesson? You've no idea how much I've been trying to reach you and by pure luck, your desperation led you to me. You need me, Kim Jaejoong. You will never find such a great friend like me.... likewise I can never find someone else like you."


***


Gazing at Changmin who was sleeping soundly on his couch, Yunho switched off the lights in the living room before proceeding into his bedroom. He pulled the duvet on his bed and slipped himself beneath the sheets as he rested his back against the headboard. 

Fetching his cellphone from the bedside table, Yunho searched for someone on his internet browser and opened a few tabs. He exit the browser as he could not find anything he was looking for. He paused in his thoughts for a moment before clicking on his phonebook. He sighed upon scrolling down his contact list and stopped at the name he assigned to a particular one. 

"Please give me more time.."
 



-----TO BE CONTINUED-----