The Day

Wounded Kiss


Finally the day has come. Jaejoong woke up early in the morning to start planning for dinner in the evening. After doing some grocery shopping with Junsu in the afternoon, he rushed back home to prepare. He thought he could only dream for this day to come where he can whip up a feast for the man in his life. It has been so long since Yunho had eaten food cooked by him and he was determined to make this meal trigger the man's memories way back to the happy moments they spent together. 

Everything has been laid out across the dining table, including a pair of candle light which will be lit upon Yunho's arrival. Jaejoong has everything prepared and sat by the table, waiting. Minutes went by to hours yet no signs of Yunho and the food were getting cold. The warm meal that he promised to prepare has turned as cold as his expression.

Jaejoong could not even contact him at all because he was not allowed to, avoiding any suspicions from SMent, the entertainment company which Yunho is still bounded by. Getting frustrated, he packed all the food in different containers and stored them in a bag. He quickly changed his clothes before fetching his belongings and the bag of food along with him out of the apartment. 

Despite Yunho's voice ringing at the back of his head that he should not find him, he chose to ignore. They had made a promise. He will cook to welcome Yunho's return and his beloved was absolutely looking forward to it. Hence, it has to be no other night but tonight. He did not wait for six years only to be disappointed again and again. Neither does he desire to go through all that pain anymore. Those nights they spent together in the military, even for a short while, were they all just a dream? 

The feelings they expressed and promises made to each other while making love in the shed, impossible to be just a dream.  That familiar feeling of fear started creeping in as Jaejoong stepped on the accelerator of his car. He refused to believe that Yunho was merely making use of the love they shared before to fill him up during his dreadful days in the army. Jaejoong was certain that Yunho still hold him utmost priority. If not for the company's restrictions, they could have been living together and happily ever after. 

But right now, is meeting again even possible?

Prior to driving out of his carpark, Jaejoong had browsed through updates on his phone. He knew that there will definitely be fans who are aware of Yunho's whereabouts and upload the details online. Upon obtaining the information that the leader is at one of the restaurants in Gangnam for a welcome back party with his friends, Jaejoong immediately revved his engine and drove out. No harm in appearing since the party was not with anyone from the company. Not like he does not know who Yunho's friends are anyway. Just that they do not like him and he does not like them too. It is obviously not an issue which will deter him at all. 

He pulled up infront of the restaurant and came out of his car in a hooded disguise. Observing from outside before making a move, he was about to enter when someone pushed the door from inside. Jaejoong was bumped into and his hood dropped to his shoulders, revealing his face.

"Ah, I'm sorry-- Jaejoong?!"

Shocked at hearing his name, Jaejoong lifted his head and realized he had bumped into one of Yunho's bestfriend. "Oh, Hojoon."

"What are you doing here??"

"I'm going to see Yunho," Jaejoong replied coldly when he was blocked to proceed further.

"No, you can't."

"He's supposed to meet me tonight."

Still not budging from his position, Hojoon replied. "I already told you. You can't. Not tonight."

"Who are you to stop me?! Move!" Jaejoong hissed.

Pushing Hojoon's chest, Jaejoong forced his way in and paused in his steps. His legs suddenly felt too numb to move and he broke into a cold sweat at the sight that welcomed him. 

"You can't be here now. I will personally tell Yunho that you came." Hojoon said as he brought Jaejoong out of the restaurant before he went back in again. 

Standing in the middle of the walkway, Jaejoong slowly made his way back to his convertible. He did not expect Changmin to be there too. The courage that he had gathered to seek for Yunho has been destroyed the moment he saw the man sitting beside his partner who has been with him through thick and thin of the whole group separation.  

He felt sorry for what happened and Changmin's hatred for him stemmed from the betrayal of all his promises. Afterall, he was the main cause of how everything they have built together over the years, crumbled overnight. 

 


 

Staring at the three older ones in disbelief, Changmin went up to Jaejoong and pleaded."We can still work this out! I don't mind suffering if it means that we will still stay together! We can't just leave the company after what they have done for us! We all have our own issues but leaving is not the way! Yoochun hyung.. Junsu hyung... Jaejoong hyung.. please.."

"Leaving is the only way for us to get back our freedom, you get it?? What else is there to repay?? I have slogged my guts out over a decade for them! Nothing has changed! You can stay on your own if you want and continue up to that old man." Jaejoong retorted. 

"I am staying," Yunho replied as he got up from his seat and went into the room. 

Jaejoong appeared unaffected when he told Changmin again, "He already told me of his decision last night. You can either come with us right now or you stick with him.."

"You guys.. how could you.. how can you guys leave Yunho hyung alone..  Jaejoong hyung, your decision is going to upset so many people and break so many hearts.. you will regret this.." Changmin pleaded once again while holding back his tears. 

"It's time for me to think about myself." Jaejoong pulled his luggage and started walking away. "Junsu, Yoochun let's go."

Hearing the man, both of them pulled their luggages too when Yoochun patted Changmin's back. "Take care, Changmin."

Junsu, left with no choice, tagged along as he took a final look at the man who was left behind. 

 


 

"I bumped into Jaejoong outside of the restaurant just now."

"Oh really?" Yunho remained composed as his eyes screened around.

"I waited for Changmin to leave before I could tell you." Hojoon inched closer to Yunho. "He said that you were supposed to meet him tonight."

"Huh?? Nothing of that sort." Yunho nonchalantly replied, earning suspicious glare from his bestfriend. "Why would I meet him? It was over between us the moment he stepped out of that door." 



-----TO BE CONTINUED-----