Drink. Drunk

Coda

They’re not blood related but they’ve stick together through thick and thin as if there was a protective that connects them. They were each other’s lighthouse and warmth in this dark and cold world. There is always three and sometimes lines are cross and someone will have to watch in the sidelines.

Wendy is the friendly one yet so awkward and has shyness seeping out of her skin, Seulgi has always been the popular one and Irene…she’s everything else at least for Wendy’s eyes. Wendy didn’t know when it started, when it started seeing Irene as someone she wanted to keep for herself and would never want to lose. Wendy didn’t know when it started when all Seulgi can see is Irene and all Irene can see is Seulgi.

They were sitting in circle talking non-stop, playing a game or two and drowning themselves with alcohol to escape from reality. They were getting drunk but Wendy was getting intoxicated for different reasons. Was it the alcohol that tells her how luscious Irene’s lips seems like? Was it alcohol blurring her vision and see how Irene folds herself subtle touch skin with Seulgi without anyone noticing? (But Wendy notices, she sees) Was it alcohol that makes Seulgi want to touch and feel Irene the way Wendy wanted to hold her? Was it alcohol that makes both Irene and Seulgi forget that Wendy was just centimeters away? Was it alcohol? Wendy hopes it is but it’s not. Because a bond so strong is easily cross for something and something less.

She was sure so sure Seulgi was bubbling non-stop about this certain girl, was it Soojung or Jinri? Wendy can’t remember. She was so sure the girl have her eyes locked on a girl which is not Irene. Seulgi was head over heels for that girl for quite some time it was just Wendy and Irene. They grew closer together, Wendy knowing more of Irene the more they spend together. The more she knows about her, the more she wanted her. The more she sees her soul, the more she falls for her. She became Irene’s warmth, she was her escape, reason of laughter. Irene saw her (and maybe more) but then Seulgi came back with her hard torn into million pieces and both Wendy and Irene wanted nothing but it all back together. Wendy doesn’t know Seulgi as much as Irene does. So when the roughest time came, Wendy sat in silence, a form of support and camaraderie offered in silence, her way of saying, its just one heart break. But Wendy should known.

Wendy didn’t know when it started but she will never risk it. She’d rather have less than nothing at all. So when all Irene can see is Seulgi, she smiled through it all as she silently holds her heart into one.