Kinda

Coda

Everything doesn’t make sense anymore. Blue used to be brighter and pink was a lot more livelier and the food tastes better but that was before when Wendy was hers and everything seems to be in their right places. That’s before when they both called each other their own.

It’s been 2 years, 8 months and 14 days and by now Irene should have moved on but she didn’t, she can’t and a part of her doesn’t want to. Her friends already calling her stupid for it but she just can’t throw away all memories they had together, not when all of her happiness was embedded on their togetherness. It was unhealthy to hold on to something that is long gone, but she just can’t see pass through it. Reasoning that they’re soulmate, meant to be and one day they’ll find their way back to each other.

It’s been raining a lot lately, but the heavens decided to make an exception today and cleared the skies out. Irene took this opportunity to leave her apartment and find a different place to finish her book. She didn’t mean to but her feet brought her to the café she and Wendy used to frequent and something heaves play with you. There she was, Seungwan, still beautiful as the last time Irene saw her and the latter’s heart might have skipped a beat or two just by seeing her.

“Hi” Irene has always played this scenario in her mind, of her meeting Wendy again. She has thought all enough of what to say when she sees her again but only a meek hey left .

“Hello.” Wendy replied. Her eyes still alluring as ever, as if it can still see pass through Irene’s soul.

“How long has it been?” Wendy asked and Irene knows how exactly long it was.

“Long enough.” I miss you, is she what she wanted to say and what she really means but then an arm wraps her way into Wendy’s waist and Irene tries not to flinch at the action she sees in front of her but a bang on her chest is trying to rip her heart open. She sees the way Wendy smiles, the one she used to (and still do) loves.

“Irene, this is Eunji.” Wendy said gesturing to the girl that is still latching into her. Her eyes form crescent moons that Irene would find attractive if it there were no ball of jealousy eating her alive.

“Hi Irene,” The girl said and whispered something to Wendy and Irene have to look away not wanting to see any of it anymore.

“Catch you later?” Irene heard the girl asked Wendy and the latter nods. And Irene tried to give her a smile (one she didn’t really mean).

“Yo- you’re girlfriend?” Irene asked her eyes trailing on Eunji’s back and she can feel her heart rip into pieces by pieces as she waits for Wendy to answer, her eyes about to break a dam of tears she kept all these years. Was waiting all this time a mistake?

“Eunji’s great.” Wendy smiled, smirked even if Irene was actually looking.

“She’s a musician and she’s good.” Irene wasn’t looking at her anymore, already trying to put back the pieces of her heart Wendy’s tearing infront of her.

“But I’m not really into musicians cause I’m one and we tend to . I like dancers way way more.” Wendy said as she pulled the already crying Irene into her arms.

“You have no idea how much I missed you.” Wendy said as she kisses Irene’s forehead.