Chapter 6

Restart Our Lives

Key was getting nervous as they walked in. 

Key clung to him. 

"You're okay, Key." Jonghyun said. 

 

Key clung to him. 

 

Jonghyun sat down with him. They got the supplies to make the cakes. "What kind of cake do you want to make?" 

Key pointed to the strawberry cake. 

Jonghyun smiled and grabbed it. They started to make it. 

Key quietly decorated it. 

Jonghyun smiled and made his own. 

Key smiled at him. 

 

Jonghyun smiled back. "Is it fun?" 

Key nodded. 

Jonghyun smiled. "I'm glad." 

Key finished decorating his and helped Jonghyun decorate his. 

 

Jonghyun smiled. "You really like this and you're good at it." 

 

Key nodded. 

Jonghyun smiled. He kissed his forehead. 

Key smiled. 

Jonghyun smiled back and watched him finish the cake. 

Key finished. 

Jonghyun smiled. "Do you want to eat some or save it for home?" 

Key yawned. 

Jonghyun smiled. "Let's go back home." 

Key nodded. 

Jonghyun wrapped up the cakes and they went home. 

 

Mrs. Choi was the first to walk into the house. "Hey boys. How was your date?" 

Both Minho and Taemin were asleep on the couch. 

Mrs. Choi smiled. "They are so cute." 

 

Jonghyun chuckled. He put the cakes in the fridge. 

Key followed Jonghyun tiredly.  

Jonghyun smiled and took him to their bedroom. He laid down with him and held him close. 

Key curled up to him and fell asleep. 

Jonghyun fell asleep soon after. 

 

Taemin woke up a little later. He curled up to Minho, rubbing his eyes. 

Minho woke up too. He smiled at Taemin. "We didn't finish our movie." 

 

Taemin blushed. "Yeah. We fell asleep." 

"Let's go to bed." 

 

"Can we eat dinner first?" Taemin asked. "I'm hungry." His shirt slipped down to where the hickeys were revealed. 

Minho pulled his shirt back up. "Don't let mom see."

Taemin blushed. "Sorry...I can't believe we did it...it feels like a dream..." 

Minho chuckled. "Yeah, let's eat."

 

Taemin nodded. He got up and they went to the kitchen. 

 

Mrs. Choi was in there. "Oh, you boys are up. How was your date?" 

 

Taemin smiled. "It was amazing." 

Minho nodded. "Yeah, it was."

 

Taemin giggled.  

 

"What did you boys do?" Mrs. Choi asked. 

"We watched a movie." Minho said. 

"That's it?" Mrs. Choi asked. 

"We, uh talked too." Minho said. He made a sandwich for Taemin and him. 

"Oh really? Then what's that on your neck, Minho?" Mrs. Choi asked. "I guess it's just a bug bite?" 

 

Taemin looked at Minho's neck and noticed the hickey he made on him showed a little on his neck. His face turned completely red. 

"Yeah..." Minho said. 

 

Mrs. Choi went to Minho and pulled his collar down. "Don't lie to me. Did you have ?" 

"Uh... Just made out..." Minho said. 

Mrs. Choi looked at them. "You're both too young to be doing things like that." 

"Sorry mom..."

"It's okay. You are a new couple. You should wait to do these thing when you've been together for years and even wait for marriage." Mrs. Choi said. 

"Okay mom..." Minho said, embarrassed. 

 

Mrs. Choi smiled. "Good." 

 

Taemin's face was completely red. 

 

"Oh, are you running a fever?" Mrs. Choi asked. 

"He's just embarrassed you caught us making out."

Mrs. Choi smiled. "You two are cute, but no more." 

 

Taemin nodded. "I'm sorry..." 

Minho nodded as well. 

Mrs. Choi smiled and left to her room. 

 

Taemin sat down and ate slowly. 

Minho ate slowly as well. 

 

Taemin looked at him. "That was close...I'm sorry. I gave you a hickey in a bad spot..." 

 

"It's okay."

 

Taemin went back to eating. "Kai's coming over tomorrow, right? When is he coming?" 

"After school." 

 

Taemin smiled. "Okay! I'm so excited!" 

Minho smiled. 

Taemin smiled back. He finished his food quickly. "Let's go to bed now!" 

Minho nodded. They went upstairs. 

Taemin changed into his pajamas and jumped onto the bed. 

"Wait. Should we still be sleeping together since we're dating now?" Minho asked.

Taemin frowned. "Why wouldn't we? Is it bad if we sleep together?" 

"It's what married people do."

Taemin frowned. "Oh..." He got off Minho's bed. "I'll sleep in my room then..." 

"I don't want you to sleep alone though." Minho said. 

"I'll be fine..." Taemin said. He slowly left the room. Minho grabbed his hand. 

 

"One more night won't hurt. I'll talk to Jonghyun about it in the morning."

Taemin frowned. "Are you sure? I'll be fine alone. I don't want us to get in trouble." 

"It'll be okay." Minho said. 

Taemin looked at him. "Okay..." He laid down in Minho's bed. 

 

Minho smiled and laid down with him. 

 Taemin curled up to him and fell asleep. 

Minho fell asleep as well. 

 

Jonghyun woke up in the morning and got ready for school. He stayed close to the bed incase Key woke up. 

Key woke up soon after and pouted.

Jonghyun chuckled at him. "You're so cute when you pout. I won't be gone long. I'll come home right after school." 

"But I don't want you to go." 

 

"I know, but I have too. Going to school is important. You'll be with Taemin." Jonghyun said. He finished getting ready and kissed Key's forehead. "You'll be okay. If you need me, just call me and I'll come home." 

Key nodded. "I'll miss you..."

 

Jonghyun smiled. "I'll miss you too." He pulled Key into his arms. "I'll ask my mom if we can get you a phone. I can text you when I can during school." 

Key hugged back. 

Jonghyun smiled. "Let's go eat breakfast." He carried Key downstairs. 

 

Taemin woke up to Minho getting out of bed. He pouted. "What are you doing?" 

"I have to go to school." 

 

Taemin frowned. "Oh...but it's boring without you..." 

"You'll have Key."

 

Taemin sighed. "I know...will you be staying after for soccer?" 

"Not till next week." 

 

Taemin nodded. "Okay. So you'll be home right after? And Kai will be coming too?" 

"Yeah he will."

 

Taemin smiled. Kai was the first person he had trusted so quickly. He only spent a few hours with the older boy but he already wanted to spend time with him. It even took him a few days to get close to Minho. 

Minho kissed his cheek. "Let's go eat breakfast."

Taemin smiled and nodded. He held Minho's hand as they went downstairs. 

 

Jonghyun and Key were already eating. 

 

"Morning." Jonghyun said. "I heard that you two did some naughty things." 

 

Taemin froze. "What?" 

 

"I heard our mom telling our dad about finding a hickey on Minho's neck." Jonghyun laughed. 

Minho blushed. "Oh...."

Jonghyun smirked. "So? Did you two really do it?" 

"We went all the way..." Minho blushed. 

Jonghyun laughed. "Wow." 

 

Taemin blushed. "Jonghyun, is it okay if Minho and I sleep in the same bed? Since we're dating..." 

 

"Well, you two had . Maybe it won't be good if you do since you might want to do more naughty things." Jonghyun said. 

Minho blushed harder. 

"Plus I'm sure mom's going to separate you two anyways." Jonghyun said. 

 

Taemin frowned and looked at his hands. 

Minho took his hand. "But Taemin can't sleep on his own."

"He's got to at some point. He's getting a lot better." Jonghyun said. 

Minho frowned. 

Taemin looked at Minho. "I'll be okay. He's right. I can't sleep with you forever. I need to become strong." 

"I could stay with you." Key said quietly. 

 

Taemin shook his head. "No. You stay with Jonghyun. I need to heal so that I can go to school and help take care of us. We are only staying here for a few months." 

Key frowned. "M-Maybe I could go to school...."

"You're not healed enough. It's okay, hyung." Taemin said. "I'll go to school and then get a job and provide for us. Maybe we can get our own house one day." 

Key looked at his hands. 

Taemin smiled at him. "Once you get better, you can go to school." 

Key sighed. "I don't want you to have to take care of me. I'm the older brother." 

 

"It's okay, hyung. You need more time to heal." 

Key was quiet. 

Jonghyun looked at him. "It's okay. You were hurt more so you're going to take longer to fully heal. Minho will care for Taemin until you get healed." 

Key nodded.

Mrs. Choi walked in. "Boys, you're going to be late. Hurry up and finish eating." 

"Okay mom," Minho said finishing up his food. 

"Good. And I was talking to your father last night. It'll be best if Taemin sleeps in his room and not with you anymore, Minho. I don't want you boys doing anything more than kissing." 

"Okay mom." Minho said. 

 

"I want to start sleeping in my room too..." Key said quietly. 

Mrs. Choi frowned. "Are you sure? I don't think you're ready too." 

Key nodded. He wanted to start being a big brother for Taemin again. 

"Okay, but if you get scared, just come into my room." Jonghyun said. 

Key nodded. 

Jonghyun smiled and kissed his cheek. "Bye. I'll be back soon." 

"Bye..."

Jonghyun left. 

 

Taemin looked at his hands. He was a little nervous sleeping without Minho. 

Minho kissed his forehead. "See you later."

Taemin nodded. "Okay. Bye." 

Minho left. 

 

Key was quiet. 

Taemin looked at him. "I guess we'll be sleeping in our room again..." 

Key nodded. "Yeah."

 

"Hyung, are you sure you want to do this? You don't have too." Taemin said. 

Key nodded. "Do you want to show me how to play a video game?"

 

Taemin nodded. "Yeah. It's really fun." 

 

They went to the living room and Taemin showed Key how to play and what buttons on the controller did what. 

Key smiled at Taemin. He could tell he really enjoyed playing. 

Taemin smiled as they started a game. He got into it really quickly, telling Key some cheats he's learned. 

They played the whole day. Taemin beat Key every time. 

 

Taemin giggled. "It's fun winning. I never win against Minho." 

Key smiled. He liked seeing his brother happy. He let Taemin win on purpose. 

Taemin smiled back. It was the first time they actually had fun together and smiled. Taemin liked the feeling. He knew they were healing slowly. He hugged Key. "Thank you, hyung." 

Key hugged back. "I love you Taemin."

Taemin smiled. "I love you too, hyung." 

Key pulled away when they heard the front door open. 

 

Taemin got up quickly. "Minho!" He ran and jumped onto him. 

Minho spun him around. "Taemin!" 

 

Hana was holding Jonghyun’s hand as he walked in. 

 

Taemin giggled and clung to him. 

 

Jonghyun smiled at Key. "Hey. How was your day?" 

 

Key looked at his hands. 

Jonghyun frowned. "What's wrong? Are you not feeling good?" He went to Key and felt his forehead. 

Key shook his head. 

 

"Are we going on our date now?" Hana asked. 

Jonghyun looked at Key. He didn't want to leave him behind. "Will you be okay? It won't be long." 

Key nodded. 

Jonghyun smiled. He kissed his forehead. "I'll be back and I'll get you something special." 

Key smiled. 

Jonghyun smiled and they left. 

 

Taemin giggled. "I beat Key in the video game!" 

"Really that's cool," Minho smiled. "Kai's going to be here soon."

Taemin smiled happily. "Okay! I'm going to get changed!" He quickly ran to his room. 

 

"He's excited to see this boy." Mrs. Choi smiled. 

Minho chuckled. "Yeah."

 

Key sat on the couch quietly. 

 

Taemin came down wearing a nice button up shirt and skinny jeans. 

 

"You look like you're going on a date." Mrs. Choi smiled. 

 

Taemin blushed. "I want him to like me and think I'm cool..." 

Minho kissed his cheek. "You're so adorable."

 

Taemin giggled. He kissed Minho softly. 

Minho kissed back. 

Taemin pulled away and held his hand. "I love you." 

"I love you too."

Taemin smiled. He jumped when there was a knock at the door. He opened it quickly. "Kai!" 

 

"Hey Taemin!" Kai smiled. 

 

Minho followed him. "Hey, Kai."

Taemin smiled happily. 

 

Kai smiled. "Are you ready?" 

 

Taemin nodded. "Yeah." 

Minho smiled. "I'll let you two study."

Taemin smiled and led Kai to the kitchen. 

 

Mrs. Choi smiled. "I'm glad he's made another friend. You've helped him a lot, Minho." 

Minho nodded. "It's good for him."

 

Mrs. Choi nodded. "Yeah. I hope he does good in school." 

Minho nodded. "I'm sure he will." 

 

Mrs. Choi smiled. They could hear Taemin and Kai laughing. 

Minho frowned. "Taemin really likes him."

Mrs. Choi smiled. "Don't be jealous. He likes you more than Kai. He's just excited to have a new friend. You were his first, right?" 

Minho nodded. 

"He's healing. I’m surprised he trusted Kai so quickly. It's nice. Go check on them." Mrs. Choi said. 

Minho nodded. He went into the kitchen. 

Kai ruffled Taemin's hair, making the younger boy giggle. 

 

"You're learning so fast." Kai said. 

Minho smiled. "How's it going?"

Taemin smiled. "Good! I'm learning really quickly!" 

 

Kai smiled. "He's a fast learning. He might catch up to your class." 

 

Taemin gasped. " I could be in the same class as Minho?!" 

"Really?" Minho asked. 

 

Kai nodded. "He's already almost done with the chapter. He's really smart."

 

Taemin smiled proudly. 

Minho smiled. "Wow that's great!"

Taemin stood up and jumped onto Minho. "I'll try my best to be in the same class as you!" 

Minho caught him and laughed. "Okay." 

 

Taemin giggled. 

 

"Yeah. All he has to do is take the placement test and he'll be in your class. He's smarter than me. It's crazy. For a kid who never finished the fourth grade, you're already so far ahead." 

 

"Well...I use to take Key to library to stay away from home. He likes reading books and I would look through learning books." Taemin said. "I guess it helped me." 

Minho smiled. "You're so smart."

Taemin smiled. "I had to keep learning things if I wanted to protect Key." He clung to Minho, wrapping his arms around his body. 

 

Minho hugged him. "I'm so proud of you."

Taemin giggled. "Will you stay here and watch me? I like it when you're next to me."

Minho nodded. "Okay,"

Taemin smiled and pulled Minho to the chair. He sat down in his lap and started working.

Minho smiled and watched.

 

Key curled up in his bed holding the bear Jonghyun got him.

Jonghyun got home a little later. He went straight to his room to Key. "Key? I'm home."

Key curled up more. "Hi...."

Jonghyun frowned. "What's wrong? Are you not feeling good?" He laid down next to him.

"Hana doesn't like me...."

Jonghyun frowned. "She doesn't? Is she mean to you?"

Key nodded.

Jonghyun frowned.  "I'll talk to her. I won't let her be mean to you. You're my friend." He kissed Key's forehead. "I'm sorry."

Key looked at his hands.

"Is something else bothering you? You can tell me anything." Jonghyun said.

“She doesn’t like me…because…”

"Because of what?" Jonghyun asked.

"Because I like you...."

Jonghyun froze. "You like me? As in... you like-like me?"

Key nodded, not looking at him.

Jonghyun frowned. He looked at Key and pulled him into his arms. "I think I like you too. You're always on my mind. No matter what I do, I'm always thinking about you. I love holding you and making you smile. But...I'm with Hana. I don't want to hurt her but if she's being mean to you. I shouldn't be with her."

Key clung to him.

Jonghyun cradled him. "I'm going to break up with her. If she can't be nice to you, then I can't be with her. You're really important to me." He kissed Key softly on the lips, but quickly pulled away, afraid he'd scare him.

Key blushed.

Jonghyun smiled at him. "You're so cute." He held him close.

Key hid his face in his chest. 

Jonghyun cradled him. "I'll break up with Hana and you and me can go on a date."

Key smiled.

Jonghyun smiled back. "So how was your day?"

"I played video games with Taemin."

"Really? Was it fun?" Jonghyun asked.

"I let him win. He was having a lot of fun." Key smiled.

"He loves video games." Jonghyun said. "And I bet he likes winning for once. Minho never lets him win."

Key nodded. "He really enjoyed it."

 

Jonghyun smiled. "He's getting better. Now you just need to heal."

Key looked at his hands. "I'm trying to...."

"You're getting better already. You've been talking and smiling and eating." Jonghyun said. "I'm very proud of you."

Key blushed again.

 

Jonghyun smiled and kissed his nose. "You're already healing."

Key smiled and laid his head on Jonghyun’s chest.

Jonghyun smiled and held him close. "Get some more rest."

Key shook his head. "I'm not tired."

 

"Okay. Have you eaten today?" Jonghyun asked.

"I haven't had dinner."

"Let’s go make something." Jonghyun said. He picked Key up bridal style and carried him to the kitchen.

Key curled up to him.

Jonghyun smiled. He sat him down in a chair. "Hey Taemin. How's it going?"

 

"I'm going to be in Minho's class!" Taemin smiled. "Kai said I'm really smart."

"That's good." Key smiled.

Taemin nodded. "Yeah!"

 

Jonghyun started making dinner.

Kai came into the room. He had left to go to the bathroom. Key looked down at his hands nervously.

"It's okay. He's my friend." Taemin said. He held Key's hand. "He's nice. He's tutoring me so that I can go back to school."

Key held his hand.

Taemin smiled. "Kai, this is my older brother, Key."

 

Kai smiled at Key and waved. "Hi. I’m Kai. I'm 13 years old."

Key looked at him nervously and waved back.

"He's nice, hyung and he won't hurt us." Taemin said.

 

"Taemin's told me about you. He said you're a great hyung." Kai said. "He's a smart kid too."

Key nodded.

Kai smiled and sat down next to Taemin, who was still sitting in Minho's lap.

 

Jonghyun made the plates and set everything up. He fed Key.

Key slowly ate.

Jonghyun smiled at him.

 

Taemin fed Minho happily, making Kai feel like a fifth wheel.

Minho chucked. "I can feed myself."

Taemin pouted. "Okay..." He ate his food slowly.

 

Kai smiled and started to feed Taemin, making airplane noises. Taemin giggled. "Yah! I'm not a baby!"

 

Kai laughed. "No, but you like being fed so I'll feed you."

 

Taemin smiled and ate, giggling at the silly sounds Kai was making.

Minho chuckled and ate.

 

Taemin started to choke. He had swallowed a piece of food wrong while he was laughing.

 

"Taemin!" Kai freaked out.

Minho pat his back. "You okay?"

 

Key started panicking.

Taemin continued to choke. He had a piece of food stuck in his throat. His face was turning blue.

 

"Minho, I think he can't breathe." Jonghyun said. He grabbed Taemin and wrapped his arms around his waist. He then pushed on his stomach hard, making the younger boy cough up a piece of food.

Minho freaked out. "Are you okay Taemin?"

Taemin nodded as he started to breathe again.

Key was panicking.

Jonghyun held him. "Taemin's okay. He's fine now. Calm down."

 

Taemin looked at Key. "I... I’m fine..." His voice was a little harsh from choking.

 

Key clung to Jonghyun. He slowly calmed down. 

 

Jonghyun cradled him.

 

Taemin didn't finish his food. He just laid his head on Minho's shoulder and stayed quiet.

Minho held him. "You're okay."

 

Taemin was shaking a little. He curled up in Minho's lap.

 

Kai frowned. "I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have been making you laugh while eating."

Minho held him close. "It's not your fault Kai."

Kai frowned.

 

Taemin looked at Kai. "I'm fine..."

"Why don't we go watch a movie?" Minho asked.

 

Jonghyun nodded. "Yeah." He carried Key to the couch.

 

Kai followed slowly behind Taemin and Minho. He sat down next to Taemin, Minho on Taemin's other side.

Minho a movie.

 

Key clung to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun held him close.

 

Taemin curled up against Minho.

Minho held him.

 

Key fell asleep during the middle of the movie.

Jonghyun smiled.

Jonghyun smiled. He carried Key up to bed.

 

Taemin stayed awake, but clung to Minho.

Minho kissed his forehead.

Taemin snuggled his face into his chest.

 

"I should be heading home now. I'll see you soon." Kai said.

"Bye Kai." Minho said.

 

Taemin frowned. "Bye."

 

Once Kai left, Taemin stretched out.

 "You okay?"

 

Taemin nodded. "Yeah...I'm just a little scared about earlier..."

Minho kissed his cheek.

Taemin looked at him. "I should have been more careful..."

"No, it's an accident."

 

Taemin looked at his hands and curled up.

Minho kissed his cheek. "Let's go to bed."

 

Taemin nodded.

 

They went upstairs to Taemin's and Key's room.

 

Taemin laid down on his bed. He looked around the room.

Key came in with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun kissed Key's cheek. "Remember, come get me if you get too scared."

Key nodded.

Jonghyun smiled and left.

 

Taemin curled up in his bed. He was nervous not being with Minho. He held onto his pillow and stared at the wall.

Key curled up to him. "Tae...."

Taemin's turned around and looked at him. "Yeah? You don't have to do this, Key. You can sleep with Jonghyun."

"I want to get better...." Key said quietly.

"Okay..." Taemin said. He curled up to Key and clung to him like he used to when he was little.

Key held him close.

Taemin clung to him and fell asleep.

Key couldn't sleep. He stayed up all night.