Chapter 6

(LeoN/NEO) If You...

* * * * * *

The boy named Ken, approached Minhyuk and Hakyeon in surprise. Then introduced himself as Leo’s cousin. He seems to be looking for Hakyeon for some reason though. Why? When they’ve never even met before.

‘You’re that Leo’s cousin?’ Minhyuk asked.

‘Yeah. His dad is my uncle.’

‘I see.’

‘Why are you looking for me?’ Hakyeon questioned.

‘You don’t know? Everyone in the North Wing is talking about you right now. The boy that was swept away from the school by our almighty Jung Leo for a date.’

‘What??!’

‘Haha. Just kidding. Actually, I heard you’re the one arranging my cousin’s wedding so I was just curious to see how you look like. Not too long ago, Leo didn’t give a damn about the marriage and suddenly, he couldn’t stop talking about it and especially about you.’ Ken revealed.

‘It’s… it’s nothing,’ Hakyeon became embarrassed.

‘Haha. Don’t be so modest. It has to be something if the usually quiet lion suddenly becomes so talkative. We’re cousins and on top of being in the same class since I skipped a few grades. But I have never heard him talk more than thirty seconds about anyone before. Or anything for that matter.’

‘You’re not only here to see how Hakyeon looks like are you?’ Minhyuk instantly became overprotective again after hearing that Ken was Leo’s cousin.

Ken looked at Minhyuk and chuckled again.

‘You’ve got a sharp friend here Cha Hakyeon.’ He said.

‘My name is Minhyuk. Lee Minhyuk. I’m Hakyeon’s friend, what do you want?’

‘Calm down. I’m not here to pick a fight or anything. More so, I just want to ask you a favor. It’s for your own good actually.’

‘Huh?’ Both Minhyuk and Hakyeon looked at Ken curiously.

‘Don’t spend too much time on this whole wedding thing.’ Ken suddenly became serious and warned them.

‘What do you mean’?’ Hakyeon asked. The words that Ken just said was awfully familiar to him. It was similar to what Leo said to him the first time they met. Why?

‘You’ll see eventually. But just listen to me please. Don’t waste too much of your time in this whole thing and just keep it simple okay? Save your glorious plans for something bigger in the future instead. Anyways, I really need to run back before class starts. I’ll see you around Hakyeon and Minhyuk!’ and Ken dashed away before Hakyeon could question any further.

‘What the hell was that about?’ Minhyuk asked.

Hakyeon shrugged but it was strange that even Ken was warning him not to spend or waste too much time on this project. Yet, no one was willing to tell him the exact reasons as to why.

Would Leo explain to Hakyeon if he asked? Now that the two was closer?

* * * * * *

‘It’s nice to see you again. Hakyeon right?’ Amelia greeted him.

Hakyeon had promised to meet with her and Leo for the weekend to discuss about the wedding arrangements.

‘Hello. Where’s Leo?’ Hakyeon asked as he looked around the room.

‘He’s in uncle’s study room to discuss about something. He should be here shortly. May I see those amazing sketches I keep hearing about though?’

‘Of course!’ Hakyeon handed his sketchbook to her.

‘Wow! These are gorgeous! I especially love this one here.’ She pointed at one of the pictures. ‘What kind of flowers are these?’

‘They’re Gloxinias.’

‘Such a strange yet beautiful name. I’ve heard that flowers have meanings to them. Do these have a meaning too?’

‘Huh? Oh these, um… they mean… love at first sight.’ Hakyeon blushed a bit as he recalled why he chose to draw those flowers in the first place.

Hakyeon recalled the day when he first saw Leo peacefully sleeping under the beautiful cherry blossoms for the first time. Unknowingly, as he recalled that time, he had drawn the flowers in his sketchbook as well.

‘Wow… these are so gorgeous.’ Amelia continued to admire the beauty coming from Hakyeon’s sketchbook. ‘How I would love to receive these as a gift one day…’

Her voice seemed to slowly fade away as she looked deeply at the Gloxinias. As if she was reminded of something both bitter and sweet at the same time…

‘What are you two talking about?’ Leo finally came into the room to join them.

‘Nothing much. But you were right about Hakyeon’s sketches though. These are just too wonderful! I can’t stop looking at them.’ Amelia said.

‘Just be careful with it.’ Leo told her.

‘Don’t worry. I won’t make these pages fly off in the distance like someone I know of did.’ She .

‘…’

Leo must have told her about the incident he had with Hakyeon the other time. He must really be close with her enough to tell her so much about everything. Hakyeon was feeling a slight sense of jealousy while witnessing how close Amelia and Leo was as the two sat side by side next to each other. Right across Hakyeon.

No, no stop Cha Hakyeon. There’s no point being jealous of them. It wasn’t even meant to be in the first place. So stop fantasizing.

‘Did uncle decide the date of the wedding yet?’ Amelia asked.

‘He’s thinking about the first full moon in June. So… soon.’ Leo replied.

Isn’t that too soon? What do I know? Why do I care…

‘Hakyeon?’ Leo saw the boy dozing off.

Look, it wasn’t possible since the beginning and you’re thinking way too over your heads. Stop thinking about it and get back to reality. These feelings are real and –

‘Hakyeon-ah!’ Leo shouted. Which finally caught Hakyeon’s attention.

‘Sorry. What were you two saying?’ Hakyeon finally came back to his senses.

‘Are you okay? You’re spacing off.’ Leo looked at him with a worried expression on his face.

Hakyeon could see that even Amelia was worried for him.

‘Sorry. Just thinking a bit. What were we talking about again?’

‘We were just saying that the wedding would be during the first full moon of June. Do you think the planning will be done in time though? If you need more time, I’ll ask uncle about it.’ Amelia said. ‘There’s no rush.’

‘Huh? No. It’s okay. I’ll make it in time. It’s the two of you’s wedding so you shouldn’t have to worry about me.’ Hakyeon replied. ‘It’s my job.’

‘But-‘

‘It’s okay. Hakyeon can do it. I’m sure he’ll pull it through. I believe he will. Right?’ Leo asked.

Hakyeon looked at Leo, who was fully confident at Hakyeon’s abilities and trusted him greatly for his skills. Hakyeon didn’t want to disappoint. It was time he set his own feelings aside, forget about them and do what he can to make the wedding for the happy couple..

* * * * * *

The wedding was approaching and day after day, Hakyeon helped to arrange the project for Leo’s grand wedding.

He was finally able to put his own feelings aside and perform his duties like he was supposed to. Sure he was sad from time to time when he saw Leo next to Amelia and the two of them talking to one another about the things that Hakyeon didn’t fully understand.

But as sad as he was, Hakyeon was also too busy to worry about everything he felt. He told himself that he was still young and still had a lot of time to seek a new love. He was always a coward when it comes to love but maybe the next one, he would finally find the courage to pursue his heart.

All the preparations were ready and the wedding was drawing near.

The theme itself was reflected of Leo and Amelia’s childhood and innocence. The venue was set back at the minister’s mansion where the grand garden was at. The halls were filled with vases of Gloxinias as Amelia had wished. Hakyeon also saw sketches of Amelia’s wedding dress which was pure white, soft and delicate. Each layer of chiffon and fabric of the dress, overlapped the next like a waterfall cascade pattern as if they were the petals of the Gloxinia flower itself. It was all so perfectly well put together that even Hakyeon himself was expectant of the end-results.

The night was where the first full moon of June would rise and brighten the night sky. The stars were barely visible but the moon itself was all the light that was needed for such an eventful evening.

Every guest and important people were invited to the wedding. People from all different parts of Brampton made their way through the grand entrance and registered themselves inside the venue. They left messages of congratulations to the happy couple and made their way inside to their seats. As Hakyeon was standing by and seeing the amounts of people coming for this evening, his hearted started to race with expectancy.

He was nervous to see so many people at once.

‘Calm down me. Breathe.’ Hakyeon told himself aloud.

Just as he was trying to settle down, someone slapped him on the back.

‘Hey! Aren’t you being a bit too nervous? If people didn’t know, they would think you’re the bride. I mean, groom.’ Ken suddenly appeared from behind him and already started his joking demeanor.

‘You! You’re Ken right?’ Hakyeon asked to confirm.

‘Yup! Glad you remembered my name. I thought you would forget about me since we haven’t met at all since that one time. Look at this grand arrangement though. You really out did yourself.’ Ken said.

‘Thanks.’

‘Even though I told you not do so.’ He suddenly didn’t sound as excited and let out a deep breath.

Hakyeon never got the chance to ask what Ken nor Leo meant by when they told Hakyeon not to put so much effort into doing this project. Hakyeon became too busy eventually to remember that this was a problem and now, he became curious again.

‘Um, about that other time. When you told me not to put so much effort in this whole thing, what do you mean?’ Hakyeon finally found the chance to ask Ken.

‘Hmm? Oh, that… well, what’s done is done. Don’t worry about it anymore.’

‘But…’

‘Hey.’ Leo approached them in his well-groomed attire.

Like a prince in white, dazzled in his suit and tie, he approached the two that was talking away from everyone else.

Thump.

Hakyeon could feel his heart shake a bit at the sight of Leo. The groom was already too attractive on other days yet this night, he was extra groomed for the event.

Stop.

‘What are you two talking about?’ Leo asked them.

‘Hmm? Nothing~ just saying how my poker face and unexpressive cousin here is about to be a good husband for the wonderful Lady Amelia Valentines.’ Ken threw his sarcasm at Leo. ‘So how does it feel?’

‘Shut up.’ Leo glared at Ken, not liking any of his teasing as per usual.

The two of them continued their talking as Hakyeon followed behind. They made their way towards the wedding hall and Leo introduced Hakyeon to all his other friends and relatives as well. The venue was special and beautifully arranged and many of the guests loved it a lot but no one knew who it was that had it all planned. No one thought that such a young boy was able to put such an extravagant evening together.

* * * * * *

The ceremony was about to begin and Hakyeon found his seat while Leo went to the front in order to wait for the bride’s arrival.

The piano began to play and a mini choir performed for the opening ceremony. The priest made his announcement and speech for all the guests and families that were invited for the evening. Soon, the little flower boy and girl came in and walked side by side down the aisle.

Very soon, the long awaited and beautiful bride, Amelia, would come walking in with her gorgeously rumored white dress to officially begin the wedding ceremony.

But, the music continued yet no one appeared. The guests and the groom’s family were watching the entrance for the bride to walk through but there was no sight of anyone.

The music started to die away and the guests became unsettled. The minister and his family also began to chatter amongst themselves to see what was going on but no one knew the answer. Amelia’s father also seemed worried and puzzled as to why his daughter was no where to be seen.

Where is the bride?

 

* * * * * * A/N * * * * * *

Running out of ideas for titles.... *slams head on keyboard*