Chapter 7

Covert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Covert Chapter 7

 

Hyun Woo’s POV

“I have an announcement to make. Kim So Hyun has left the team and moved to Counterterrorism. I’m currently going through applicants for a replacement. While this is going on I expect you all to do your jobs just as well as before. Meeting is dismissed.” I glanced at the expressions of my teammates, which all ranged from confusion to sadness. Without saying anything I retreated back to my lair.

 

I was searching into the lives of the three female victims. HyeJung found out from the autopsy report that all three women had their ovaries removed. If only the BEU was still here I knew that they would have handled this case. Reading all of the medical jargon made my head spin. I took a break from the investigation and leaned back in my comfy large leather chair, staring at the framed photo of the team I used to call family.

 

YooJung and BoGum had their arms around each other giggling while SunBin and SoHyun Noona were smiling their widest grins as they set off the sparklers while I was cutting my birthday cake. It was my 21th birthday and a year since I joined the team. The one who took the photo was none other than Woo Do Hwan, our righteous Section Chief who resigned immediately after the team disbanded. We gotten so close so fast and it seemed like we would be a team forever until YooJung, BoGum, Do Hwan and SunBin turned in their resignation letters to the Chief Advisor. We were all given the choice to leave for other positions or stay. My back jolted slightly from the leather chair in surprise when Hye Jung came inside, calling my name. My hand flew to my chest as I exhaled after the fright.

 

“You scared me HyeJung Noona!”

 

“My bad. You were so deep in thought. Did you find anything on the three victims?” She asked, leaning over my shoulder as I pulled up the most recent hospital records of the three victims.

 

“None of them were organ or egg donors. I tracked their credit card usages and the recent ones are all over the place. However I did find that all three of these young women visited the same nightclub on different nights though.”

 

“Wait isn’t that the nightclub where Jung IlHoon works at?” I instantly browsed through Jung IlHoon’s records to find that it was the same nightclub. I looked toward HyeJung to see her reaction.

 

“This changes everything doesn’t it?” I asked her, but she was silent with her eyes still on the computer screen.

 

“Transfer all of that and get it to the team. We’re calling a meeting!” Hye Jung ran out of the room in a hurry, leaving me to disconnect my charging tablet and follow her. We entered the conference room, motioning Seo Woo and MinHyuk over along with the Section Chief. I connected my tablet to the big screen to show the team what Hye Jung and I found.

 

“Sir, the two cases are connected in some way. We need to investigate more into the Ambassador’s case.” The Section Chief went over the information we found before sighing as he told us the truth.

 

“We’ll need to revaluate their MO and intent by starting from scratch then.” Seo Woo commented, staring at the data.

 

“The SVU isn’t even on the case anymore. The case was suspended. But I will take this up to the Chief Advisor and try to get permission to restart the investigation. But for now this means that this case is also over.” Seo Woo dropped her pen in surprise and her hands froze as our Section Chief retreated to his office. I scoffed to myself, walking back to my lair. There was no way the Chief Advisor would ever give us permission to restart an investigation he himself ended.

 

I saved all of the information I found during the Ambassador’s case along with this one into a separate hard drive, knowing what might occur again. Then I searched up SoHyun’s name into the government databases to see if she actually did take the position at Counterterrorism. The government databases are updated regularly to provide the most accurate information. SoHyun’s name popped up across the screen as a member of the Counterterrorism unit. I looked for the name of the Section Chief of that unit and it was a female agent named Seo Ye Ji. I perched my fingers over the keyboard, typing in a name I never thought I would need when I backspaced and deleted the search. Instead I typed in assignments directed toward the Counterterrorism unit, hoping to find something.

 

There had to be a reason SoHyun told her that she was leaving in advance. I typed away, searching into the hard-drives within the files that were stored in the online databases. Passing through countless encryptions I finally found the document and then wondered if I would lose my job over this. But then I was reassured by the leverage I had over the officials. Shrugging, I accessed the document to see that SoHyun was assigned to a classified mission. The details of the mission were all out, only leaving a couple random words on the screen. I typed in the keywords into the database to find crime scene photos of the recent case the BAU worked on… My hands relaxed the second I recognized the photographs. I then transported the documents into my hard drive before dialing YooJung’s number.

 

“YooJung, how fast can you get here?”

 

Sungjae’s POV

“Okay. Lets get some sleep and go over this tomorrow. This was addressed to your team from SoHyun, but I hope we don’t have to open it.” I told MinHyuk, handing him the cream envelope while I held onto the rest.

 

“I agree. But this calls for an investigation. SoHyun wouldn’t have left these for us unless she knew something was going to happen.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter