Boy, I Love Gardens

Desired Tragedies

Sentences in italics are Jungkook's thoughts~ Enjoy~

 

 

Silence filled the air for a few minutes. Jungkook did not knew what to say and he was pretty sure that Taehyung felt the same. Jungkook then tried his best to start a conversation with him. His eyes wondered to the red book in Taehyung's hand.

" You have a-umm-really nice book, " Jungkook bluntly stated.

Right there and then, he wanted to slap himself. No matter how hard he tried, his eyes just could not meet Taehyung's as he was afraid of feeling intimidated.

A book?? Seriously Jungkook? What is wrong with you??

Just when he was about to come up with another lame excuse to start a conversation, the manager appeared.

" Oh, Taehyung-ah. I see you've met your new member, " the manager said.

" Yeap, you can say it was a very.. impactful first experience," Taehyung replied.

Jungkook then tried his best not to choke on his own saliva.

Was that Taehyung trying to make a pun? Oh my god.

The manager then caught the spilled coffee.

"I-I am so sorry I wasn't-"

"It's my fault. I was walking then tripped on my own shoelace. Sorry hyung hehe," Taehyung interrupted before Jungkook could finish his sentence.

Jungkook just stared at Taehyung.

Why?

 Taehyung looked at him back. For a moment, Taehyung did not even have to say anything. He was so mesmerized by Taehyung's hazel eyes that he forgotten about what just happened. Then, as if Taehyung heard his question, he winked.

Oh my g-

Jungkook then faced the manager, who was too busy reading the documents in his hand to witness what just happened. Jungkook coughed and waited for the manager to say something. Anything.

" Oh okay then, I'll just call the cleaner to take care of it. Here you go Jungkook-si. From now on, you won't be joining the trainees for their daily schedules. You'll get to practise with your members, " the manager stated.

Your members. , it's really happening.

" Oh yea, thank you so much manager-nim, " Jungkook replied while taking the papers being passed to him.

" Just call me Baek-hyung. It's fine. Anyways, since Taehyung is here, he can bring you to the studio for your vocal lessons, " the manager said while rushing back to his office after hearing a call.

After the manager went in, Jungkook faced Taehyung.

" Thanks. Sorry again for the whole coffee incident, " Jungkook said while playing his own fingers.

" It's fine, really. Let's go," Taehyung signalled Jungkook to follow him.

As Jungkook followed Taehyung, he noticed many things he didn't really see when he first saw him. He stared at how his hair bounced each step he took, the way he clenched his fists when he realized the elevator was taking too long, the way his lips were pouted while they waited.

Luckily for Jungkook, the elevator arrived and they headed to the floor above for the lessons.

When they reached, Jungkook was astonished. The studio was amazing with its high-tech and starte-of-the-art equipment.  He was so captivated by the place that he did not realize a few people were sitting down staring at him. When he saw them, he immediately bowed and greeted them.

" Hello, my name is Jeon Jungkook.  I'll be join-"

"Bangtan? Yeah. The CEO informed us, " one of the members, Yoongi stated firmly.

I was about to say that I was joining them for vocal lessons. Oh well, I guess this helped me dodge a bullet.

" Yeah.. " Jungkook replied nervously, trying his best to smile.

" Welcome to Bangtan! " Jin shrieked, while patting Jungkook's shoulder.

" I hope you'll feel more comfortable with us soon, " Jimin said while staring into Jungkook's eyes.

In that moment, Jungkook really did smile. He observed the way Jimin smiled at him sweetly. His heart started pounding quickly and he hoped none of them there noticed it.

" Is it too warm in here? Your face is really red Jungkook-si, " Hoseok said while pointing to his face.

Jungkook panicked. , was I blushing??

" Oh not at all, it's perfecting fine. I'm just nervous haha," Jungkook replied.

After a few more minutes of introductions and questions, Namjoon stood up.

" Okay guys, we gotta practice now, " he said, motioning the other boys to get up.

As the vocal lesson went by, Jungkook has never felt so amazed. These people standing before him are just utterly amazing. As the rappers rapped and the singer sang, he was captivated. However, at the same time they sang or rapped, he felt intimidated.

I'm not as good as them. What am I even doing here? I  should be back with the trainees. For god's sake, I'm jus-

"Okay, Jungkook-si can you sing this part of the verse for me please? " the vocal instructor said while giving him a piece of paper with a highlighted part.

" Oh, sure," he replied, trembling.

He stared at it for a few seconds. He looked  up and stared at the wall directly in front of him.

Okay, Jeon Jungkook. You can do this. Just ignore them for the moment and just sing. Like you  usually do. C'mon.

He opened his mouth and let his voice fill the studio. As he sang, he did not bother to look at the others as he was afraid that they did not like it. When he ended his verse, he slowly looked at the vocal instructor and the rest.

" That was really good Jungkook-si, do you usually shine better in the vocal aspects? " the instructor asked.

Jungkook just nodded sheepishly. At that moment, he looked at Taehyung. He was just looking at him, smiling and giving him the thumbs up. Jungkook could not have felt any more happier. He was really glad that the other members liked his voice as well.

" You're even better than me, " Jimin , who was beside him, whispered.

Jungkook blushed and denied it. There was just something about Jimin's smile that got Jungkook feeling really flustered. He chose to ignore this feeling to concentrate on the lesson.

When it ended, the members left to the cafe in the building. Jungkook decided to just stay in the studio for awhile longer. After a few minutes  of singing, he was interrupted by a certain someone.

" Not going to eat? " Jimin asked, holding a packet of milo.

" Nah. Don't really feel like eating. Why are you here though? Didn't you say you were hungry just now?" Jungkook replied.

"I wanted to take my jacket," Jimin replied,while grabbing his jacket on the sofa. "And to give you this too,"

Jimin then went closer to pass him the packet drink.

"Here, I saw you drinking some when entering the building just now. Thought you could use a little energy," he stated.

He saw me entering the building in the morning? Oh god, why am I so oblivious?

" Oh, thanks,um-sunbaenim?"  Jungkook thanked him reluctantly.

"Just call me Jimin-hyung. You should call all of us hyung ," Jimin said.

Jungkook nodded. He poked the straw in and drank it happily. He always loved the feeling of drinking milo. He  had the habit of drinking it daily since young.

" Hey, we should go down. I want to show you something, " Jimin stated, while putting on his jacket.

Jungkook just nodded his head and followed Jimin down to the fourth floor.

As the elevator doors opened, Jungkook gasped. In front of him, was the open garden. He had never been to this part of the building even though he was a trainee. Trainees were not allowed in this area as  the artists in BigHit usually hanged out around here.

" It's beautiful, " Jungkook said.

Jimin looked at Jungkook while he was observing a few plants nearby him. "Yea, it really is," he replied, smiling.

They continued walking further in to the garden. The garden was really huge. Thousands of daffodils of several species brought color to the really huge  garden.

" I always go here during my free time. It helps relieve my stress. Not to mention, a really good view," Jimin said as they were walking down the path.

" You feel stress, hyung? You always look happy when I see you with the members," Jungkook said.

"Yeap. I am. Even though there are many good moments, there are many bad too, y'know. Just because we're idols doesn't mean that we don't face difficulties and challenges too,"Jimin said in a pretty depressing tone.

Jungkook was thinking of what to say when suddenly, he felt it. Something tickled his nose. He immediately touched his nose.

Water.

Before he got to say anything, many drops of water fell. Jimin pulled Jungkook and ran for the entrance. Taehyung then realize then they had walked too far in to the garden. They would be super drenched by the time they reached the entrance. Jungkook was panicking.

Oh my god, no please. I hate the rain. I can't believe I'm going to be drenched on the first day of joini-

Jungkook couldn't even finish thinking. He was being pulled  under a rather tall tree. Jimin saw it while they were running and thought that they could stay there while waiting for the rain to die down. However, when they were under the tree, many droplets of water still reached them. Jungkook was so wet then he couldn't even open his eyes as the water kept going in it.

After a few minutes, he thought the rain stopped. The droplets of water stop dripping. He could finally open his eyes. That was when he saw Jimin's face, directly in front of his.

Jimin was holding his jacket above them to stop the rain. Jimin was grateful then Jungkook was about the same height as him. It would have been tiring if he was not. Jungkook was speechless. He was at a total loss  for words. What was he suppose to do? His face was literally centimeters away from Jimin's. He inhaled sharply. He was so close to the point where he could feel Jimin's cold chest. Even though it was raining, both their bodies could actually feel the swirls of emotions radiating from each other.

" You okay? " Jimin asked.

Jungkook nodded. For a slight second, Jungkook's eyes met Jimin's but he brushed the feeling off and looked away in embarrassment.

What to do? Am I suppose to help him? Oh my god, why am I so stupid?

He decided to look up and ask Jimin if he needed help with the jacket. Wrong choice. The moment he open his mouth to ask Jimin, nothing came out. He was staring at Jimin's eyes. Jimin raised his eyebrows, waiting for Jungkook to say what he wanted  to say. After a few seconds of waiting, he gave up.

"What is it, Jungko-"

Thunder seemed to crack the air as if the sky was about to tear apart. Jungkook freaked and unconsciously grab Jimin by the waist. He nuzzled his face into Jimin's shoulder. Jimin wanted to say something but he didn't know what to say. He just let the younger hold him. After a few minutes, Jungkook came to his senses. He really hates the thunder. He hated the idea of rain in general. Trapped in his thoughts, he did not realize the situation.

I'm hugging him. Wait, what!?!

Jungkook let go sheepishly and stared at the ground.

"Um, I'm sorry hyung. I-I didn't do that on-n purpose," Jungkook stammered.

" It's fine," Jimin stared at him.

Somehow, in between the noise of the rain, Jimin thanked it. He did not want to believe that he was actually missing the arms that were wrapped around him a moment ago.

"I guess the garden does have many benefits," Jimin whispered, smiling.

"What hyung?" Jungkook said, not hearing what he just said as he was covering his ears in case lightning struck again.

Jimin just shook his head. He kinda wished the rain wouldn't stop now. He wouldn't mind holding this jacket above them longer.

Oh, how much he loved the garden.

 

 

 

 

 

 

so cringe worthy right??. i hope you loved the chapter! comment and subscribe! it'll really motivate me to write more for this fanfic! :)))

thanks again guys^^ let's meet in the next update!