An Indescribable Encounter

Desired Tragedies

Sentences in Italics are Jungkook's own thoughts! Enjoy~

 

 

The birds chirped freely. The alarm clock began blaring its wake-up call, but was drowned by the even louder snoring coming from the 19 year old,

Jeon Jungkook.  

He groaned and rolled over to the other side of the bed. He then got up and drew the curtains open. As he blinked, his hazel eyes began to water. He lazily dragged his body to the bathroom. As he flicked on the light switch, he looked at himself in the mirror.

A new day, a new chance to train and get better.

After washing his face, he grabbed his toothbrush and started preparing for the day.

 As he pulled on his loose-fitting white T-Shirt and skinny jeans, he checked his phone. His appearance might have done a good job of concealing it, but he was a very particular person. He had exactly half an hour to reach the agency. Lucky for him, his house was relatively near it.

" Omma, I'm going out now," Jungkook exclaimed.

" Okay, come back home safely!" his mother replied from the kitchen.

He was so grateful to his mother. Ever since Jungkook's father passed away when he was young, his mother had been raising Jungkook independently. He was also grateful that his mother supported him and his decision in becoming a performer/idol.
He pulled on his black backpack, heavy with all of the extra clothes , and rushed himself out of the door; right after picking up a packet of milo. 
            

As he reached the studio, he greeted the other trainees and joined them in doing warm-ups.

Before his morning exercise class started, he went to his backpack and took out his schedule.
        

8:30am - 9:30am

Morning  Warm-ups

10am - 1pm

Dance Class

2pm - 4pm

Music Theories

4:30pm - 6:30pm

Vocal Lessons

7pm - 8pm

Advanced Korean Lessons

 

He already felt the exhaustion he would feel at the end of the day.

When his dance instructor came in for warm-ups, he pushed away all of his thoughts and tried to focus on the exercises.

 

By the end of dance class, he felt drained. He then dragged himself to the nearest bench he could find in the room. That was when he realized that the other trainees were all looking outside through windows. They were continuously gawking and squealing .

He wondered what they were looking at. He then forced himself to get up to see what the commotion was all about. That was when he saw them.

BTS.

They were consisting of the 6 charming members. Jin , V , Jimin , Rap Monster , J Hope and Suga. Each of  them had their own individual charming aspects.

BTS had climbed up the ladder of popularity the past year. Many liked their songs and started listening and purchasing their  albums. They even got to do a concert just two weeks ago. And yes, Jungkook went to it. He had never felt so mesmerized and captivated before while watching them. That very moment motivated him to work even harder.

" Omo, V is so good looking!! No wonder he has many fans!! " one of the trainees said.

"Ya! Better address him as your sunbaenim before anyone hears you!" another exclaimed.

" To me, I feel like Jimin sunbaenim is the best! He dances and sings so well! What more does one need to love him? " another confessed.

Jungkook was so engrossed in their conversation that he didn't realize that the manager of BTS was heading this way after leading the popular idols upstairs, probably to work on some music in the recording studio. When he entered the trainees' room, everyone instantly greeted him. After the manager greeted everyone back, he asked everyone to gather outside.

" Oh my god, do you think it's an announcement for a new debut group?? " one of the trainees said.

" Oh my god, I wonder what it is! Maybe they're letting us go on vacations!! " another said.

On the other hand, Jungkook was just really excited. It has been a long time since someone had entered the trainees' room. The last time someone was called, he got to debut as a soloist. He felt pumped, excited, more alive than he had ever thought possible. All the mundane worries of not  being able to become a performer had been muted and all there was to know about was this very moment. No worries in his head, no anxiety about the future.

" Hi everyone, I am here on behalf of the CEO. We have an announcement to make. Believe it or not, this actually involves a certain trainee because he is going to debut, " the manager declared.

Soft slurs of mumbles and comments could  be heard among the trainees. Many of them were excited but it then got quiet when one of the trainees said,

" A certain trainee? Does that mean only one of us is about to debut, sir? "

" Yes, that's right, " the manager replied.      

Jungkook could feel the sudden pulse in his temple. With butterflies in his stomach and his head buzzing with endless possibilities, he tried to focus on what the manager was going to say.

The manager then referred to a piece of paper he had been holding to. He scanned through the paper. After a few seconds, he stared at the trainees, as if he was in disbelief.

" The lucky trainee goes by the name of Jeon Jungkook. Is he present today? " the manager asked.

All the other trainees tilted their heads to stare at  Jungkook. However, Jungkook couldn't even realize it as he was in utter shock and disbelief.

Did he just say my name? Oh my god. Oh my freaking god. He said my name. Jeon Jungkook. What are you doing? Say something!  

" Oh yes, that would be me sir, " Jungkook said timidly. He wanted to move but he just couldn't. He was rooted to the ground. He was still trying to process what just happened.

The other trainees however, were not as happy.

" Excuse me sir, may I just ask something? Why does Jungkook get to debut as a soloist? He's still pretty young! There are many of us here who are older than him and have even more experience!" one of  trainees pointed out.

" Firstly, that is not up to me. I am sure that the CEO picked Jungkook for a reason. Secondly, who said he was going to debut as a soloist? " the manager replied firmly.

" But you said only one trainee,- "           

" That is because Jungkook-si will be joining one of the groups that has already debuted. In fact, he will be joining the group I manage. Bangtan. " the manager replied without waiting for the said trainee to finish his question.

If you think that the murmurings and comments just now were already loud, you thought wrong. This time, it was deafening. The trainees blasted the manager with many questions.

"Why Jungkook? What is so special about him?"

"Some of us trained even longer! This is unfair!"

"I'm so envious! I should be joining instead!"        

 

However, Jungkook was still in the phase of shock. He forced himself to get a grip and stepped forward. He walked slowly and made sure not to make eye contact with the other trainees. He was sure that they were furious. The manager then raised his hand for the trainees to stop talking while motioning Jungkook to stand by him.

" Okay, everyone! I want everyone to return to their classes and inform the teacher that Jungkook will be with me!  End of announcement, " the manager told them while grabbing Jungkook by the shoulder to the elevator.

Once the doors of the elevators closed, the manager faced Jungkook.

"Congratulations Jungkook-si , the CEO handpicked you to join and complete Bangtan, now- "              

" I'm sorry but are you sure you didn't read it wrong? I'm just in disbelief that the CEO would pick me out of all the other trainees, " Jungkook interrupted.

Before the manager could reply, the bell of the elevator ringed, signaling that they had reached.  The manager then did not even bother to answer Jungkook's question and told him to wait outside while he grabbed a few items in his office.

Jungkook sighed. He started biting his nails while waiting. He nibbled on the formed edges quickly.

Am I even ready for this?

What if I disappoint the CEO?

What if I end up ruining Bangtan?    

He was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he did not realize he was pacing back and forth. Just when he thought things could not get any worse, he bumped into someone. The person's coffee spilled and a book the other was holding  also fell.

" I am so sorry, I was too en-"

He froze.

Directly in front of him, was the one and only, Taehyung. Jungkook didn't knew what to do and ended up stammering.

"Taehyung-sunbaenim, I-I wasn't looking straight-t! I am so-"

"Taehyung?" the said male stated.

" I mean, V-sunbaenim! " Jungkook replied.

. Jungkook did you just call him Taehyung?!

Jungkook knew that was his name but he totally forgot to address him respectfully as a sunbae.

"I-I -" Jungkook stammered.

Then, the words that came out of Taehyung's mouth next made Jungkook blush,

"Aren't you Jungkook?"

What. Does he know me?

" Uh Yes, nice to meet you, " Jungkook bowed, still feeling guilty about bumping into him.

Jungkook picked up the fallen book and returned it to the other male and apologized about the coffee. He was totally not blushing even more when their hands accidentally touched.  

" Nice to meet you too, " Taehyung replied, smiling one-sidedly. 

Oh god, what a day it's gonna be.

 

 

 

 

 

sorry for the short chapter! i'll make the other chapters longer! just that for now, i needed the intro to be "simple" haha! 

see you in the next update!

-mir