Miscellanea

Alone No More

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update, I was busy in the beginning of the year, indeed. Then I had a block for this story, and a crisis of what I will do with it, but thank God it passed now, and I am back.

 

Oh, and had the fact my boys WINNER are back, and I got all hyped with them. Please, check them out.

 

I wanted to give this chapter for you guys last week, but I was writing it at turtle pace, and I got stuck in several parts of this chapter, because I was trying to get the spirit of my characters again. But here it is :D

 

Please, read the final notes, I have information about the cookie points. ;)

 


 

Chapter Eight: Miscellanea

 

 

Ha Jin woke up the next morning with the faint sound of the shower coming from the bathroom. She grumbled and snuggled more onto the side where So was supposed to be, but encountered just cold covers where should be a warm body. She opened her eyes and surveilled the room with still sleepy eyes and sighed when she saw the time in the digital clock placed in the nightstand. It was half past six in the morning, and the fact So was already awake made her worried, in the past weeks he had been busy with the company, she knew that much, but she really didn’t know he was waking that early to go to work.

 

She rose to a sitting position, letting the covers slid her body while looking at the slightly ajar door that led to the bathroom her boyfriend was currently taking a shower. Ha Jin rubbed her face to scare away the rest of sleep and hung her legs out of his big bed and climbing down of it. She fished the red sweater she was wearing the night before and put it on, combing her messy hair with her fingers, and putting it on a messy bun.

 

At least she could make him breakfast. She smiled at the thought as she walked through the corridor to reach the kitchen, encountering their dirty plates from the dinner still placed on the counter that served as table, and the stool still lying on the floor. She lifted the stool back into his original position and grabbed the dirty utensils and putting them into the sink deciding to wash all after she finished breakfast.

 

Ha Jin opened the cupboards and drawers to find the things she needed, moving next to the fridge to grab some eggs and ham. She worked quickly breaking the eggs and mixing them. She cut some pieces of ham and mixed into the eggs. She put a frying pan on top of the oven and let the oil to heat, and moved again to wash some rice to put it to cook.

 

When she finished setting the rice cooker she came back to the oven to pour the eggs with ham on the heated pan, with a set of long cooking chopsticks she started to roll the frying eggs on the pan, making a big perfect egg roll with ham. As soon she finished it, she placed it on the plate she had prepared earlier.

 

She moved again to open the fridge and grabbed the rest of the seasoned meat So had used in his plate at the night before. She put more oil in the hot pan and fried the meat to accompany the rice. Ha Jin was so concentrated that she didn’t noticed the person she was doing that breakfast for was inclined over the counter that separated the kitchen from his living room, looking at her intently. She just did when she finished putting the cooked meat on the plate she had prepared previously and turned around carrying in one hand the meat and in the other the plate with the egg roll.

 

Her big eyes got rounder and she gasped in surprise, her heart racing inside her chest.

 

“You scared me” she said, feeling her cheeks getting rosy.

 

A low and deep laugh escaped So’s lips as his eyes shone with amusement and desire. Ha Jin bit her bottom lip conscious of what she was wearing, or the lack of it. She cleared trying to diffuse her embarrassment.

 

“If I knew I would encounter such appealing vision in my kitchen after my shower, I wouldn’t probably take the time I did in it.”

 

He moved, rounding the counter, to reach Ha Jin in the kitchen. She noted he was already in social pants, and using a social shirt with all the buttons done. So grabbed the plates she was holding, and moved his face down, rubbing his lips over hers lightly. Ha Jin left a sigh escape her lips as her body relaxed onto his letting the familiarity of that sink on her.

 

“I can get used to this…” He murmured, looking at her through half-lidded eyes, right before he captured her lips with his in a sweet kiss. “Good morning, Ha Jin-ah.” He said after they separated their lips.

 

“Good Morning” she replied still a little dazed, blinking to get her focus back.

 

He smiled and moved, now holding the two plates, and placing them on top of the counter. At that moment the rice cooker pinged, indicating the rice was cooked, finally taking Ha Jin out of her daze. She moved quickly grabbing two rice bowls and scooping two big rice spoons and placing on the bowls. So grabbed two clean set of chopsticks and spoons and placed them on the counter, finally sitting in one of the high stools. Ha Jin followed him with the two bows of rice.

 

“Thank you for the meal” He said grabbing his rice bowl and scooping a spoonful of rice and grabbing a piece of meat to accompany.

 

Ha Jin looked at him expectantly while she cut the egg roll in even pieces. So made a sound of appreciation, and looked at her.

 

“Is delicious Ha Jin-ah.” He said sincerely. “Thank you for cooking it for me.”

 

Ha Jin smiled releasing the breath she didn’t know she was holding, and approached him.

 

“Well… I didn’t season the meat, but I will accept the compliment.” She said with a playful wink. She picked up a piece of the egg roll with her chopsticks and offered him. “This one is mine.” She said, not hiding her expectations for an answer in her tone as he took the piece and started to chew.

 

He made a sound of appreciation again and smiled, his eyes crinkling at the corners.

 

“Delicious! What you think of coming here forever and cooking me breakfast for the rest of our lives?” He asked cheekily.

 

“Is this a proposal?” She asked in disbelief. “Because if it is, you are even more terrible in this than in Goryeo.”

 

He chuckled and shook his head.

 

“No… Not yet, anyway. Maybe, I don’t know, you could stay here in the weekend.” He said shrugging his shoulders while taking another bite. “You know… I really missed you, and I really wish to have you here… Please.” So finished his phrase looking at her with pleading eyes.

 

It was her time to laugh and she reached his face with her hand, caressing it.

 

“Yes, I can do that.” She giggled at how his face lit up at her positive answer. “I will just have to go home pack some clothes to stay here, I can’t just use your clothes…”

 

“I really don’t mind.” He interrupted her.

 

“Well… I can’t go out with your clothes.” She continued thwarted by his interruption. So had an amused grin on his lips. “And I will feel more comfortable if I have my clothes.”

 

“As you wish, my Queen” He said in old speech.

 

“Pabo!” She hit him playfully on his shoulder as he laughed.

 

It took some minutes for him to stop laughing, and she to stop to fake she wasn’t amused. So cleared his throat and turned to speak more seriously.

 

“Do you want me to drop you at your home?”

 

“No need, I will finish things here and I will find my way back there. Don’t worry.” Her smile as bright as always.

 

He just nodded and continued to eat, with her finally accompanying him. The rest of their breakfast was filled with more casual conversations, and soon the food disappeared from their plates, and it was time for So to go to work.

 

“Thank you again for the food.” He said smiling, getting up from the counter.

 

She got up from her seat as well.

 

“And you have a nice day at work.” She replied, and moved her hand to stop him from collecting the dirty plates. “Go finish up, I will get this.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, now go.” Ha Jin nudged him to go to his room and brush his teeth. He went as she told him to, and she finished collecting the dirty utensils and carried it all to the sink to start cleaning it.

 

She was already in the half of the work when he reappeared again, now using his blazer and a tie, his hair styled, and a briefcase in his left hand. He approached her and with his free hand he grabbed her chin and pulled her to him, planting a quickly kiss on her lips.

 

“See you later, Ha Jin-ah.” He said, moving away, leaving behind a dazed Ha Jin. “I will text you the pin code of my door later” he said as he approached the front door.

 

“See you later.” she answered as he gave another look in her direction hesitating to leave. But he had too.

 

He sighed and a small smile appeared as he closed his door, finally going to his work. So chuckled as he remembered he was late, but he didn’t care the least.

 


 

Ha Jin opened the door to the apartment she divided with her mother and brother. It was exactly 9 in the morning, and she expected to get there without encountering none of her family members, but she was surprised to see her mother seated in the living room while the TV was on and typing on her phone.

 

“Omma!” She exclaimed as she closed the door. Conscious again of what she was wearing, the clothes she wore the day before and So’s underwear. Not that her mother would know that part. “I thought you would be at your work.”

 

“Good Morning dear” Min Young said without lifting her eyes off her phone’s screen. “I don’t need to be there until after lunch.” She said typing something.

 

Ha Jin frowned, it wasn’t common for her mother be using her phone so much. But she noticed that for some days already her mother has been using her phone a lot. She wondered why.

 

“Well… Omma…” Ha Jin continued, a bit uncertain how to say she was going to stay the weekend with So. It was easier just text her mother the night before. “I will be packing some stuff, I will spend the weekend with So.” She said without any delay, it would better just to say it all, she thought.

 

Her mother lifted her eyes from her phone and looked at her inspecting her daughter from head to toe. An enigmatic glint in her eyes, but she didn’t seem displeased or anything remotely close to that.

 

“Just be careful, sweetie, for more that I would be thrilled to be a grandmother, I wish you two would wait until both of you are married to do so.” Her mother finished with a playful wink at her direction, leaving a gaping Ha Jin blushing the color of a chilly pepper.

 

“OMMA!” She screamed in half-horror-half-embarrassment.

 

“What? I know for years you are not a , Ha Jin-ah.” Min Young said nonchalantly staring at her daughter. “And I know your brother isn’t a either, so what’s with the surprise?”

 

Ha Jin continued to gap at her mother still not believing she was listening to all that. She knew she was an adult and shouldn’t be that embarrassed in talking about with her mother, but she never expected her mother to be so open about it either.

 

“No-Nothing” She finally said. “Then… I will get going” Ha Jin said before she basically made a run for her room to get her things.

 

Min Young left a laugh escape her lips as she watched her daughter going to her room. She shook her head at the sometimes-innocent daughter of hers. She turned to type in her phone.

 

MinYoung: Gosh, Miss Bratty is so cute sometimes. She was so embarrassed when I mentioned the obvious. She is staying at his house for the weekend.

 

Soon came the answers she expected.

 

MamaLee: Oh, I bet she was. I can’t wait to do the same with Mr. Cold, he deserves to be teased, he didn’t say to me he wants to marry my new daughter-in-law. So, she is staying? How wonderful!

 

GoSinael: Gosh omma! It was enough you announced noona would be with hyung last night, I really don’t need the image of my sister doing stuff during the weekend with him!

 

She grinned at her son’s answer, and decided it was his time.

 

MinYoung: Don’t be ridiculous son! I know you did it with Eunji back in senior year, you little brat. Aren’t you supposed to be working?

 

Min Young laughed when she felt her cellphone tremble with the multiple answers in the chat.

 

ActorYo: Ohhhh~ Young Go had a fling, how sweet. *A winking sticker*

 

ActorYo: And hyung-nim and hyungso-nim will go wild this weekend. *A sticker making a growling sound*

 

Wonie: So much revelations! First Hyung-nim, now our sweet Go boy.

 

KimHaWook: I hope you used protection. And I hope they did use protection as well… Although I don’t dislike the idea of being an uncle again.

 

GoSinael: OMMA!! *shocked Sticker*

 

MyungJu: Ohh cuteee~ I can already imagine my kicker running around with a little So or Ha Jin *A giggling sticker*

 

GoSinael: And is break time *an angry sticker*

 

KimMu: Well… I think it will still take a while Myung Ju.

 

LordGael: Good Job bro! Good job. *a high-fiving sticker*

 

Jung: *also a high-fiving sticker*

 

YoungArtistBaekAh: That was unexpected information. Noted. *laughing emojis*

 

MamaLee: Oh, stop you all boys! I know with who all of you lost your ities. And the ones that still haven’t.

 

Min Young lost it after the phrase from her fellow mother, that message was enough to shut up the Kim boys all together. She laughed as she typed her answer.

 

MinYoung: We really should go out to have an afternoon tea unnie.

 

The answer didn’t take long to come.

 

MamaLee: Indeed, we should.

 

Her phone trembled again.

 

PapaKim: I seriously didn’t need to know all that. *spooked emojis* Although I really want another grandchild, I seriously don’t need to know when the deed happened.

 

MamaLee: Oh, seriously yeobo!

 


 

Baek Ah shook his head as he read through the chat. It was havoc since Ha Jin’s mother announced Ha Jin wasn’t sleeping at home the previous night. His family went on in every type of speculation of what could have happened, and for what the woman have said that morning, their family had got right in what have happened. And the sub-sequential words of his mother just made him shiver, those two mothers together were incredibly entertaining, yet rather scary.

 

He shoved his phone inside of one pocket of his jacket while walking on his campus, still feeling it tremble. He felt a strange object inside the other pocket when he had shoved his hand inside the free pocket. Retrieving the object, he came across the key chain in format of a pink ballet shoe, for a little while he looked at it confused when it hit him the memory of the encounter with the girl he discovered that was real. The girl from his drawings.  

 

“NWH” He read it out loud. “Who are you, really?”

 

He passed his fingers over the silky material that the little ballet shoe was made. It was easy to conclude that the girl was majoring dace, or something related, if he took on account the key chain. Baek Ah were planning on giving it back to the owner, and maybe get to know her name, but he got busy afterwards, and ambushed by his brothers so he could finally meet Ha Jin’s little brother. Kang San was a nice fellow, indeed Eun’s soul mate.

 

The two could go on about games and latest HQs for hours, they even had the same taste for films, Star Wars being almost their religion. But Kang San seemed much more athletic than Eun, and he seemed to know more than computer language and games. Baek Ah could keep a good conversation with him about music in general and some classics of literature, what is kind of a contrast with his mainstream taste.

 

He shoved the key chain inside his pocket again and turned to walk to his painting classroom, he had another painting to finish, and then he would concentrate in find NWH. His steps accelerated the final meters to the classroom. As he passed through the door he felt the smell of paint and ink remover, he smiled, it was a scent he liked. Baek Ah walked to his canvas and seated in front of it. In the white board, it was already delineated what he was going to paint. It was an imagine that was bothering him to come out in form and colors, even that he didn’t know the meaning of it all.

 

He contemplated the delicate features of the central piece of his new painting, the long hair styled with a simple bun made of two strands of hair coming of the lateral of her head, secured with a hairpin, holding a bouquet of flowers she picked up on the garden she was strolling by, her hanbok indicating her high status with all the detail it had. But what more intrigued him were the two figures at the back of the painting, a tall figure involved in darkness, but clearly solid, and another one small, but involved in light, and transparent. That scenery was ingrained in his brain, and the characters that made part of it came naturally to him, as if he always knew who they were and that place were theirs.

 

Baek Ah picked up a brush and picked up his palette that were already full of different colors of paint. The first in the canvas was delicate as he worked his way in the image, finally putting color in it.

 


 

After his mother decided to reveal he knowledge on their private lives, Eun muted the family chat, at least for the rest of the morning. He, after all, had work to do. He was in the middle of the programming of his latest game, and it wasn’t even the half of it, the programming was just a part of the game production, and the company backing him up in that couldn’t reach his expectations on regarding to the rest of the production of the game. The raw draws of the characters were off, the characterization of the period time was lacking regarding to historical accuracy, just the scenery was the way he wanted it to be. Thank God, he was with the script ready, it was easy to complete that part after their visit to that Goryeo exhibition and So’s explanations about the period and people.

 

He was really considering calling his brothers to help him. Eun knew Baek Ah would do a better job with the character designs, some he could actually like, and probably show the way for the team working with him. And he was considering to call So hyung to give more intel about the period in question, even that until today he couldn’t quite understand how his brother knew all of that.

 

Eun sighed and leaned back looking at the screen of his computer filled with codes and lines of zeros and ones that for a layman it wouldn’t make any sense, but for him it was art. Doing that stuff for him was easy, since he first used a computer he felt it was his territory. He was a young prodigy in the area, he had made half of his graduation in Computer Engineering in the first year and a half, and now working on his master’s degree 2 years later, he had 17 successful mobile games, and was scouted to work in Haesaeng, a growing game’s company.

 

He was grateful his father’s company didn’t have any involvement with game’s production, because he was working his own way in this world of games, and his name didn’t drag much attention. Not more than it already has. Eun cracked some bones of his neck and turned his chair around to see his plans for this game pinned in the walls behind his desk spotting his plans for the fights the game will have. Maybe he should call Jung to give him an inside on that.

 

His phone started to ring, and he turned his chair back to its initial position and grabbed his phone. His heart raced in his chest when he saw the picture greeting him. It was a beautiful girl, with a cheerful smile in her rosy lips, her round and delicate face showing her high cheekbones, and her small eyes shining with fierceness. Eun cleared his throat and turned his chair again to face the wall behind him, and with sweaty hands he pressed the green button and slid it to pick up the call.

 

“H-Hello”

 

“Yah! Oppa, you know I hate when you take forever to pick up. I always think you tripped and hit your head and fell unconscious bleeding to death.” It came the voice of his best friend, and if he was honest, his long-lasting crush Sung Soo Deok, but she had never actually paid attention to him in that way. Her voice made his cheeks burn, and he knew he would probably be redder than his favorite t-shirt of Flash.

 

Him and Soo Deok were a strange pair of best friends. They didn’t match at all, he was the nerdy boy, and she was the athletic girl, he was fascinated with games and HQs, she was fascinated with sports and martial arts, he was bullied, she was the strong girl that put the bullies to run. It was actually because of a bully that they turned out friends, she defended him, even that he was older than her. And the fact their fathers were friends just helped in their friendship.

 

“S-Stop being dramatic, Deok-ah. That just happened once.” He unconsciously rubbed the spot that years earlier he had cut, in an episode like what she had described. “H-How is going the Academy?” He changed the subject, stopping himself of hitting himself because of how instable his voice sounded.

 

“Oppa, you know I finished the Academy last year, I am going to the University, Administration.” She provided with a hint of irritation in her tone.

 

He almost hit himself, again, for his stupidity. He knew that. She completed the Military Academy and was then studying at University to complement her studies to continue her career at the Military, she was following her father’s steps.

 

“Sorry, I’ve been worried with a lot of things, so it escaped my mind.” It wasn’t a lie. More or less.

 

“I forgive you oppa.” Soo Deok voice was more lighter and she even giggled.

 

“So… To what do I own the honor of this call?” He asked, his hopes going up.

 

“Well… I was wondering…” she trailed off, and he knew already why she called. Eun felt his hopes being crushed, and his heart beating painfully in his chest. “How is So oppa doing?” He preferred when she called him to talk about any boring stuff of the military or her classes at University than this.

 

Because their fathers were close, Soo Deok grew up with them, before she went to the Military Academy. Since she was young she always admired So, and developed a crush for him, even that he was years older than her. And since she started the Military Academy, Eun was her favorite source of “So oppa”.

 

This time she will have news for her. One side of him felt sad she would have her heart hurt because of this, but other, a selfish one, thought that maybe that would be his chance. He contemplated that thought, but quickly shook his head. No, he wouldn’t do that to her. No. She was his best friend, even that he thought of her as more than that, he wouldn’t deliberately hurt her.  

 

“Well…” He started, uncertain. “So hyung is doing great… Actually, more than great.” He stated carefully, looking for the best words. “You see…” He stopped, afraid of what is coming.

 

“What?” Her voice was filled with curiosity.

 

“Hum… So hyung, well… He met his person.” Eun said finally. He remembered that Soo Deok was always hopeful to every year So stayed single, and never faltered when Eun told her once about the drunk talk he had with his older brother in which So talked about his ‘person’. Deok at the time brushed that aside as past-non-existent relationship.

 

“H-His person?” He flinched at the hurt in her voice. “She exists?”

 

“Yes”

 

“I see…” Her voice dyed, and he could just listen to her breath. He left her quiet for a while.

 

“Deok-ah…” He called her after a time.

 

“Oh, sorry oppa… I have to go, I have to finish some work for my subjects.” She cut him quickly, and before he could answer her, she had shot him a hurried ‘bye’ and hang up on him.

 

Eun looked at the screen of his phone and sighed. She was hurt, but he didn’t know if it had a better way to crack the news without a heartache. His included.

 

“Sorry Deok-ah” he whispered.

 


 

A/N: Well… I know, no one saw their lovey dove moment, I know hahaha But I promise next chapter we will have the usual ;) I needed to put this out here, because I needed to introduce a new couple… AND something that will be important in the future.

 

Now, let’s speak about the cookies’ points. I came to the old chapters and I counted the people that got the cookie points, because I’ve finally decided what I will do with them.  Like you all know, you readers win cookie points when you guys got right which member of the families finally saw SoSoo having a cute/romantic moment (meaning which brother or parent saw So courting Soo). And now it will be added to the special chapters – this fanfic will have some special chapters that will tell scenes that didn’t get in this fanfic normal line-plot. I will explain how it works to win cookie points on the special chapters when I post the first one ^^

 

Now, what I will do with this cookies’ points? I post this story in four different sites (one is exclusive in Portuguese and one is exclusive in Portuguese, and one I post exclusive in English) – three in English, and three in Portuguese. I’ve decided that the person that gets more cookie points, will win from me, a one-shot, of any character of Moon Lovers you want (if is a couple, it has to be cannon). Meaning, it will have one WINNER per site I post, and per language, meaning it will have three fanfics exclusive in English and three fanfics exclusive to Portuguese.

 

I’ve decided, as well, that for next chapter, I will only consider the comments giving your hunches in this chapter. So I am giving you the chance to change your hunch. So, who do you think will be the next to witness our SoSoo couple?