Home

Alone No More

Chapter Ten: Home

 

So was still smiling when he got into work, but it wasn’t a surprise anymore for anyone in the Wang Go Enterprise, in the last few months people were used to seeing the colder of the Kim brothers always smiling.

 

But as the morning progressed the smile was but a faint upwards motion of his lips as he got engrossed more and more in his work and trying to keep the board members satisfied about the projects and moves for his change of position. It had times he wanted to scream at them that he could only make a decent job if they stopped sending him e-mails at every five minutes, it was tiring to stop his work to answer stupid e-mails.

 

It was because of that that he hadn’t even seen the time pass, and the lunchtime came and went as he was still revising papers and signing the important documents. With a tired sigh, he pulled back a little resting his back on the chair and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to disperse some of his tiredness.

 

However, before he could relax just for a bit the telephone on his table biped, showing his secretary wanted to talk to him. With an exasperated sigh, he pressed the button so he could answer her.

 

“Yes, Secretary Jung?” He kept his voice polite, she didn’t have any blame he was tired and stressed.

 

“Go Ha Jin is here to see you, sir,” his secretary answered, and at her words he perked, and a smile came to his lips.

 

“Let her enter,” it was possible to hear the differences of the voice that answered first for the one he spoke now. He was so happy. “I don’t want to be interrupted for at least an hour, Secretary Jung,” he added for good measure and ended the communication.

 

He pushed his chair back and got up, walking around his table in time for his door to open and the woman he left just that morning in his house to enter his office carrying takeout bags.

 

Her bright smile and sparkly eyes shone as she saw him, both of them walking and meeting halfway, his arms wrapping around her gently and pulling her closer. Eliciting a giggle from the petite woman, that reciprocated his hug with one arm.

 

“You saw me this morning, So-yah,” she said with amusement dripping her voice.

 

“It was too long ago,” he answered. So could just thank his hindsight of clearing Ha Jin’s name for entering the building a few months back.

 

Ha Jin giggled again and pulled back to look at him better, frowning at the already tired and stressed look on his face. This change of positions was taking a toll on her boyfriend and she could see it.

 

“Have you eaten?” Ha Jin cupped So’s face, thumb gently caressing his cheek.

 

So frowned. “I had breakfast, I didn’t have much time for myself since I got here,” he answered truthfully, he knew if he lied it would be worse.

 

She shook her head while she sighed deeply.

 

“Has some things that never change, hasn’t it?” She glared at him, something he found really cute. Dropping her hand from his face she pushed him to one of the couches found in his office, with the coffee table right in front of it. “You’re going to eat with me, it’s already way past lunch, and you didn’t have anything more than breakfast, you have to eat better, So-yah, it’s bad for your health,” she was serious, while she made him sit, and he let her, basking on her love and worry for him, as he would do millennia ago. “If we don’t have a lunch date you never eat on time!”

 

“Well… It’s because I prefer eating in your presence, my love,” he tried to be gallant, but it just earned him a glare.

 

“Not healthy, So,” she said sternly, placing the takeout on the coffee table and opening the lids to show jjajangmyeon and mandu for them to eat.

 

When the delicious smell of the dishes hit him, So noticed how much hungry he was, his stomach growling in the prospect of finally being fed. He reached for one of the jjajangmyeon containers when his hand was slapped away by a frowning Ha Jin. Pouting he stayed quiet, as she grabbed a pair of chopsticks and grabbed a mandu and offered him.

 

“With the hunger you are, you are going to eat it too fast and get sick,” she said, as he took a bite into the food, she offered him.

 

“I think you just want an excuse to feed me,” he said after he finished chewing and gulping down.

 

Ha Jin blushed, but a sly smile was gracing her lips.

 

“Maybe,” she offered him another mandu.

 

“Well… I don’t mind, really,” he said, scooting closer to her, and wrapping his arms around her waist and letting her feed him, as she was lecturing him about eating properly.

 

He wouldn’t exchange that moment for anything, having the love of his life in his arms while she fed him, and they talked. As time passed, he finally let her go, and she allowed him to grab one of the containers with his food.

 

“Omma knows I’m staying in your home this weekend,” Ha Jin flushed as she remembered what she mother told her. “Speaking of family, we have to think about introducing our families, no?”

 

So hummed, while offering Ha Jin a bite of his jjajangmyeon.

 

“Yes, my family is bothering me to officially introduce you, and it would be nice our family as a whole could meet,” he said with a smile, noticing a slight smudge of the brown sauce on her chin. He grabbed a tissue and gently dabbed it on her skin cleaning it.

 

“What we should do then?” She smiled with his attentiveness and approached her face to his.

 

“Well…” He started with a smile on his lips too, and before they could even start thinking their lips met in a kiss, gentle and sweet.

 

When they separated Ha Jin pulled back a little. “So, we have to decide when--” But she was interrupted by So capturing her lips again in a kiss.

 

“We still have time to plan that, love,” he said when they had to break apart again.

 

And so, their time was spent with kissing, small talk and finishing their meal. Joon So had never felt so happy before. 

 


 

It was as any other Friday for Mu, despite the craziness that was the group chat with the families, he woke up with his wife smiling at him and calling him to have breakfast, then he came to work and went about all the papers he had for the day, some meetings with his father regarding the passing of the position of President and so on.

 

He had lunch with a high-profile client and right after called his wife, like he always does, and worked some more on contracts and revised some details in one of the projects he personally supervised. A normal schedule for his working days.

 

That’s why that when he went to his brother’s office that afternoon he didn’t expect to see all employees on the floor looking curiously in the direction of the director’s office, and a flustered secretary trying to appease three other directors, from different sectors, that were exclaiming impatiently in front of his brother’s office.

 

As he approached he could catch some words.

 

“We need to speak with Director Kim, we need his signature to go through with this project,” one of the directors said with impatience to the poor secretary.

 

“And we also need to discuss with him some details,” another added while the other nodded in agreement.

 

“I understand, sir, but Director Kim is busy now, and as soon as he is free again, I will call you,” the secretary tried to explain again, however she was interrupted by one of the other directors.

 

“We’ve been waiting for half an hour already!”

 

“I am so sorry, Director Ma, but I-” she was interrupted again by another wave of indignation from the directors.

 

Seeing the increase in frustration and discomfort from the secretary Mu decided to intervene.

 

“What’s going on here?” He stepped in front of the secretary attracting the attention of the directors, which bowed to him when they recognized him.

 

“Oh, sir, we are trying to speak with Director Kim for the past half-hour, but nothing. And his secretary refuses to let us pass,” Director Ma said while looking with irritation to the poor secretary.

 

“I just complied to the orders I was given by Director Kim, he asked to not be interrupted,” the secretary defended her actions, with reason.

 

Mu frowned because it was uncommon for his brother to stop people coming to him in the middle of a working day.

 

“If my brother asked his secretary to not be bothered, he has a reason, and I suppose you should listen to her, don’t you think?” He said sternly at the three directors that looked down and bowed in acquiescence.

 

“As you say, sir,” one of the directors spoke.

 

At that moment the door for So’s office opened and the sound of laughter came from inside the room, and Mu could hear his brother’s voice.

 

“I don’t know what I would do without you, Ha Jin-ah,” So’s voice was happy and light, so different from the voice his brother would use if it was anything related to work.

 

“That’s true, you hadn’t even eaten when I came to see you, you are so lucky I know you so well and was prepared for that,” a feminine voice answered and Mu, from his position, could see Ha Jin’s beautiful figure and he smiled mischievously, so his brother was indeed busy. “You have to eat in proper hours, So-yah, or you are going to get sick,” she said while they walked out of the room, not noticing the crowd looking at them.

 

Some of the directors frowned when they heard the younger girl calling the obviously older Joon So that intimately.

 

“Alright, alright, I will be more careful,” So laced her waist with his arms and pulled her against his chest. Eliciting some surprised looks from their spectators. “Why can’t you stay?” Mu saw his ever so serious brother pout, and he couldn’t stop his mouth hang open when he saw such a thing.

 

“You have to work, and I have to go shopping for food, your fridge is lacking some necessary stuff,” Ha Jin answered him with a smile and pet his shoulder. “Now, I really should go, you ate and had my company, you still have a lot to do and I don’t want to interfere on your work more than I already did,” she said with finality.

 

And Mu got even more surprised when he saw So’s pout grow a little bit more before he sighed in defeat, his arms relaxing a little bit around her small frame.

 

“Alright, alright, you have a point,” he said with a sigh. “Call me when you get home, please,” he adds with a serious tone, and the older Kim could see the worry on his brother’s eyes.

 

“I will don’t worry,” Ha Jin answered him with a genuine smile. “I love you, Kim Joon So, and I will see you at home, arasso?”

 

And to Mu’s surprise, So smiled back at her with one of the most bright and affectionate smiles he had ever seen on his brother’s lips, his hand moving to cup Ha Jin’s face gently.

 

“I love you too, Go Ha Jin,” but before his brother could bend his body to kiss Ha Jin, Mu decided to intervene and stop the show they were giving without noticing.

 

“Well, So-yah, you should listen to her,” he said with an amused grin on his lips. “You gave us quite a show.”

 

It was for his endless amusement that he saw both jump and scramble away from each other, and Mu saw what Yo saw once, his brother blushing. It was such a view, and he had to agree with Yo, So was really cute when blushing.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Mu could only laugh at his brother’s face. He would never forget how his brother was so red and looking down his feet like a little boy caught stealing cookies from the jar. Ha Jin wasn’t much behind his brother in a comic and embarrassed pose.

 

Oh, he was going to report that in the family chat without any more delays, he grabbed his phone and snapped a shot of them, eliciting another protest from his brother, and chuckles from the other directors.

 

He was loving that new So. All thanks to that petite woman that was staring at him apologetically, while he was smiling at her with genuine happiness.

 


 

Ha Jin was still blushing even after leaving the Wang Go Enterprise building, she didn’t expect being “caught” like that, it was embarrassing. Mu was grinning from ear to ear and teasing his younger brother without any mercy, and she saw in the middle of it all. All of that in front of So co-workers.

 

She wanted to slap both brothers when So decided to retaliate, those brothers didn’t change much from what she could see. Shaking her head, she kept her way in the market, buying some food so they could cook in the weekend.

 

When she was turning a corner looking at some vegetables Ha Jin noticed a gleam in her direction, making her look up in time to see a figure turning around and walking fast away from her. She frowned and observed that figure stop a few stands ahead and look at the fruits being displayed there. Deciding it was nothing she would worry too much, she continued her shopping without care.

 

What she didn’t notice on that strange figure was he was carrying a camera, a semi-professional one, and now they were in their phone, talking with someone.

 

“It’s her,” they spoke in a hushed tone.

 

“Tail her,” came the answer through the phone.

 

“Sure, boss.”

 


 

Later that night So entered back into his apartment to scent amazing cooking. He toed his shoes off and left his work satchel in the table beside the door and walked inside, walking right to his kitchen, meeting a similar scene of the morning.

 

Ha Jin had her back to him while she was busy stirring a pot, with a big pink sweater and dark blue shorts, the sweater was loose on her shoulders, falling gently from them, flashing her delicate milky skin. Not wasting time, he walked to her, wrapping his arms around her and burying his face in the crook of her neck.

 

“So-yah!” Ha Jin jumped a little when she felt his arms around her. So chuckled at her predicament. “Stop scaring me,” she said in a mock angry tone.

 

“I shouldn’t be blamed you are always so concentrated when cooking,” he answered, his voice muffled by her skin.

 

Ha Jin shook her head and poked his arm that was around her waist.

 

“You should make more sounds when entering, mister,” she smiled gently despite her words and kept stirring the pot of kimchi jjigae. “Go take a shower, dinner is almost ready,” she said, still poking his arm with her free hand.

 

“I don’t wanna,” he nuzzled her neck more and held her closer.

 

“So, come on so you can be fully relaxed,” she insisted, tried to get off his hold. “Please,” she added with a cute tone, making him groan, but pull back.

 

“Only if you give me a kiss,” he said with a mischievous smile on his lips.

 

Ha Jin lowered the fire on the stove and turned around to wrap her arms around his neck, and complied, giving him a kiss, slow and full of love.

 

“Welcome home, So-yah,” she said against his lips.

 

“I’m home, yes…” His smile grew, and he kissed her again.

 

After more of her insistence, he finally went to take his shower, and they enjoyed their evening, not even knowing that next morning things would change.

 

Soon the world would know about Kim Joon So girlfriend.

 


 

A/N: Hey there… I’m so sorry for taking so long for updating this story, but well… Writer’s block, deciding what to do with life, then real life happening, adult life catching up, and imagination and inspiration going everywhere.

I know, no excuses, but I hope this chapter just made you all happy :D. Because this story is going, and I want to finish it for sure :).

Now, I don’t know if you remember, but I have this game going on, and those that said in the last chapters comments it was Mu, you earned a cookie point :D. I’m marking them, just to let you know hahaha. The winners will receive a one-shot from me from the couple they choose. And I will have one winner for each site I post this story :D. So, place your bets, which brother, or parent will be the next in seeing So being a fluffy boyfriend? ;)

Let me know in the comments and let me know what you think about this chapter.

See you around,

Nath :*