We meet again

Alone No More

Chapter two: We meet again

 

Ha Jin couldn’t believe this. She was hugging him. She was hugging her So. She snuggled more against his chest, the tears didn’t stop coming out of her eyes, and the same words still flowing out of .

 

“I’m sorry”

 

At them she felt his strong arms tightening around her. His sent seemed the same. But now mixed with man cologne, what felt even more addictive to her. She lost the awareness of the surrounding, not listening to her friend words, and even less the comments throw by the people close to her lover.

 

“Soo-yah…” his deep tone of voice, the voice that made her body tremble with pleasure, whispered in her ear. She let out a tearful laughter.

 

“Is Ha Jin now” she said, looking up at him with a small smile in her lips, she was talking in such a soft tone that only him could hear.

 

“Ha Jin” he said. And she liked how her name sounded the way he said it. With such care and love. He was gazing at her eyes, his hands cupping her cheeks and his thumbs were brushing her cheek slightly, brushing her tears away. “Joon So… My name, is Joon So.” He said just for her to hear. The outside didn’t exist.

 

She looked at his face trying to capture everything inside her brain. She noticed all the things she missed so much. His sharp eyes with that wolfish form, the brown color that could be bright in the sun and dark as the emotions clouded them. His well-shaped mouth that always made her breathless. His nose, his high cheekbones, his sharp jaw. But she noticed the differences. The lack of shadow of a scar in the left side of his face. How his hair was shorter, although he seemed to still like long bangs. She took his bangs out of his face too look at him better. He seemed to be doing the same, engraving her face in his eyes and memory.

 

“I still can call you So” she noted. And he laughed. His laugh was still beautiful. He was beautiful.

 

“And I can still call you my person” he gave one of his smug smiles. It was her time to laugh, punching him lightly on his shoulder.

 

Before she could retort to his talk, she was startled by someone clearing close to them. She jumped away from him startled, and looked in direction of the sound. She stopped breathing.

 

In front of her was nothing less nothing more than Lady Oh, looking at her with curiosity in her eyes and gentle smile on her lips.

 

“Finally” Ha Jin heard people saying around them. “I was thinking they would be trapped in their own world forever.” A masculine voice continued, it was a familiar voice.

 

Ha Jin was still stunned to see that person in front of her that she didn’t looked around to see who was talking.

 

“Joon So” Soo Yeon said. And Ha Jin wanted to cry. She missed that voice. “What is happening?” she asked turning to So.

 

“Humm… Omma.” So said, attracting the attention of Ha Jin to him. She looked with her eyes full of questions at him, he was looking at his mother. Lady Oh from the past.  “This is Ha Jin.”

 

Ha Jin felt the weight of the stare on her what made her look at the woman again, and she bowed slightly. The woman reciprocated. And again, she had another surprise, Emperor Taejo looked at her behind Lady Oh.

 

Jae Geon was looking curiously at the woman his second son was holding so dearly and smiling as he had never saw him doing. But before him and his wife talk anything more, his sons entered the picture. As always.

 

“She is THAT girl, omma!” Jung came in front and pointed at Ha Jin, and she couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

“The one that made So hyung emotional” She listened one of the least voices she expected. She saw Wook appear right beside So. She looked around them and noticed all those familiar faces looking at her. Eun, Baek Ah, Jung, Wook, Mu, Won and Yo. They were looking at her with curious eyes and gentle smiles on their lips

 

She felt the floor disappear under her feet. She lost the balance of her body.

 

“Ha Jin-ah” she heard her friend, Yoo Cho Hee, screamed behind her. But she never hit the floor, the strong arms of So grabbed her first. He was looking worried at her while he firmed her on her own feet again. She blinked for a few times.

 

“I am fine” she said smiling. She was just shocked. They were all there. All of them. “I think I am just a bit tired.”

 

“Are you sure?” So looked at her, his eyes still worried. His hold on her never weakening.

 

The Kim family was watching with worried eyes too. They just met the girl, but she was important to their brother. Soo Yeon and Jae Geon were both observing their son’s actions with that girl. They were worried as well.

 

“Maybe we should go to the hospital Ha Jin.” Cho Hee said, appearing beside So. “You almost out last week, we need to be sure.” She said worried.

 

“I am fine” she said again, diverting her gaze from So that was looking at her even more worried. She was saying the truth.

 

“We promised to never lie to each other.” He said, his tone stern.

 

“I am not lying. I was just shocked.” She furrowed. “I am really fine Cho Hee, don’t worry.” She said looking at her friend at the same time she wiggled her way out of So’s grip. Her friend looked at her with still worried eyes.

 

So crossed his arms staring at her with hard eyes. And she matched his stare with her most defiant one. Their battle of will seemed to last an eternity, and none of them seemed to be backing out. Mu, Yo and Wook were looking at that scene in front of them in awe. They never saw someone match their brother in stare game like that. Never. Won was looking very interested in the girl that seemed to bring his brother out of his cold self with such ease. Baek Ah, Eun and Jung were looking at the girl fascinated. She was such an interesting person to them.

 

Soo Yeon smiled seeing her reserved son being so open with easiness in front of that girl. When she heard her son talking about her in that dinner she never thought someone could have such an impact in Joon So. And she was worried at how her son was still feeling about that girl after their relationship failed. But seeing both of them staring at each other like she did when she first saw them eased her heart. That girl still had feelings for her son as well. And his son seemed to have as much impact on her. It made her happy.

 

Myung Ju was looking at that in awe as well. She was impressed with that petite girl. She was matching her brother-in-law with equal straight. And she thought that was amazing. Cho Hee was looking at her friend with a mix of curiosity and worry. She just hoped that stranger could make her friend look out for herself.

 

Jae Geon was watching the scene in front of him with an amused smile on his lips. The girl had guts. And he liked it. He always thought someone good for his second son would be one that could match his stubbornness. One that would be strong enough to be by his side. One that would look at him with the same feelings he saw in that girl. She was perfect. But he was still worried with her, she almost fell on the ground there.

 

“Miss Ha Jin” he said, bringing the attention of both to him. “I think you should do what your friend requested of you to do.” He said, his tone letting clear he didn’t want to listen a no as answer. The concern in his tone

 

The girl blinked a few times before she looked at the floor in defeat. Jae Geon smiled. He was proud to say he was good on arguments.  

 

 


 

Ha Jin was mortified. The entire family followed her to the hospital, and she couldn’t believe in this. So was trailing behind her like a body guard while they were walking into those white corridors. She listened at how Cho Hee was filling the family about her almost fainting the week prior. She couldn’t help to find it very interesting, how that family was naturally concerned about her, considering they didn’t remember their previous life, like So did.

 

And the most interesting was how quickly Cho Hee got familiarized with the Kims, and was spilling things she didn’t want to talk yet.

 

“You see, Ha Jin-ah spent…”

 

“We are almost there” she cut into Cho Hee’s speech, earning a glare from her friend. And an inquisitive look of So. She preferred to ignore both of them. She didn’t want to talk about her coma. Not yet. She heard the younger brothers chuckle behind her, and with the corner of her eye she saw Yo’s arm pass around So’s neck. Something she found interesting and heartwarming, considering how those brothers interacted in their past life.

 

As she said they reached the nurse station quickly. And she was greeted by familiar faces.

 

“Ha Jin-ah!” the big smile of Cha Kyung Ho couldn’t be mistaken. Soon she felt herself been trapped inside a crushing hug.

 

“Kyung Ho oppa” she greeted him with the same enthusiasm, hugging him back. She backed away a bit too look at that smiling face that greeted her during the time she was in the hospital recovering after the coma.

 

“What brings my favorite patient here? You didn’t go around saving little boys again, did you?” he asked, with a cheeky grin.

 

Ha Jin waved her hands and shook her head in denial.

 

“No, no… Not like that.” She pouted a bit. “Some people are overreacting” she said.

 

“Overreacting?” he asked, tilting his head.

 

“Is not overreacting!” Cho Hee said attracting the attention of the male nurse to her and the people watching their interaction. “Last week she almost out in the middle of work, and today she almost fainted. Don’t you agree this is worrisome?”

 

Kyung Ho looked at Ha Jin with serious eyes.

 

“I will call doctor Seo”

 

“You don’t need! I was just tired.” Ha Jin said. Gosh, it was just because she was remembering her past, and because she met everyone she missed. Or at least big part of them.

 

“Nonsense, Ha Jin! You spent one year in coma, something can be appearing now, you should be careful with it.” The smiley face of the male nurse was long gone.

 

“Coma?” the deep voice of So startled Ha Jin. She was forgetting he was there. She looked at his direction. His gaze was piercing her.

 

“I…” she started, she looked around, seeing his family looking at her. She felt even more nervous. Why were so people there?

 

“Who are you?” Kyung Ho interrupted, sounding genuinely curious. 

 

“Kim Joon So.” So answered, looking at the nurse and extending his hand to him. Both males shook hands. “I’m her… Longtime friend.” He said.

 

“Is more for ex, hyung.” Wook said, intervening for him. “We are his family.” He provided.

 

Kyung Ho furrowed his browns.

 

“Ex…?” Ha Jin saw when her friend connected dots in his head, and she saw how her friend glared at So. “Perhaps… You are that douchebag?” he asked, crossing his arms.

 

Ha Jin gasped when she noticed where her friend was going. She started to wave her hands desperately denying his thoughts. She could see the mortified look on So’s mother and a serious face of his father, and not mention his brothers. She could see the mortified stare of Cho Hee too.

 

“No, oppa, no!” she said almost desperately. “He is before, before… Someone very different.” She shot a nervous stare to So and his family. “So is not that person.” Ha Jin finalized.

 

“Do you really think I would be talking civilly with that oppa?” Cho Hee asked. And this seemed to take all the suspicion of Kyung Ho.

 

“Alright, alright… I’m sorry.” He said, bowing to So. “So sorry, is just that my blood boils just to think what that guy did.” He said, and turned to look at Ha Jin. “I will call doctor Seo, don’t even think on going anywhere.”

 

And the male nurse left, bowing to the all before going. She could hear some of the Kim brothers chuckling. And now Ha Jin was certain she made a very interesting impression on that family. Again. She mustered the courage and looked at So, he was with a serious face, looking directly at her. She lowered her gaze.

 

“I think we should talk later.” She said, finding the floor super interesting.

 

“Yes” was his only answer.

 

Baek Ah that was observing the couple that had been reunited and smiled. He never saw so much emotions passing so clearly on his brother’s face in that short period of time they met Ha Jin. So was the type of keeping it to himself. But he was so clear to read when with that girl. And despite that she seemed to have some things that happened to her after their relationship. Like that coma story. And the other ex. He knew they would solve it. He didn’t know why he was so sure, but he knew it.

 

But he knew they would just made it more difficult for the couple to have a free talk if they all were there. He approached his parents, that were so attentively observing the couple as well.

 

“Omma” he whispered, gaining Soo Yeon attention. “We should meet miss Ha Jin another time.” He glanced at the girl, a gentle smile spread on his lips. “I think she and So hyung could use some alone time, after all it seem it has a long time since they met.” He said with knowing smile.

 

Soo Yeon looked at her son and the to the girl, they seemed to be talking in whispers, a smile appeared in her face when she saw the gentle way her son tucked some strands of hair behind the girl’s ears. She smiled even more when she saw the way the girl touched her son’s face. With so much affection.

 

“You are right.” She said. Her husband listening to their conversation nodded in agreement. “Children,” she said for all to listen. Her family looked at her. “I think we should get going.” She said smiling. “Was a pleasure to meet you miss Ha Jin.” She bowed at the girl that was bowing at her. “Joon So, you should stay with her.”

 

So nodded and bowed at his parents that started to leave. His brothers came one by one to say him goodbye. Myung Ju smiled at Ha Jin and hugged her, making the latter surprised.

 

“You should bring her to our next dinner” she said looking at So. “Right, oppa?” Myung Ju looked at Mu.

 

The eldest smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes, would be a pleasure to have you with us.” Ha Jin didn’t know what to answer.

 

“I will do my best” she heard So answer. She looked at him, seeing him looking at her with those intense eyes. She felt herself blush, her heart racing in her chest.

 

And with bigger smiles Mu and his wife left, being them the last members of the family Kim. Ha Jin could see at the distance the younger Kims looking at them almost conspiratorially. It seemed they didn’t change much. Cho Hee was the only one left of their previous group, and she had busied herself with her phone.

 

“Let’s start over?” Ha Jin turned to look at So, he was staring directly at her. “Can we do that?”

 

Ha Jin tuned completely at him, putting herself in front of him.

 

“After we talk” she started. “We can do anything… But we have so much things to talk, So. Too much.” She felt her eyes water a bit. “I have to know, if you really had forgiven me.”

 

He cupped her face again. His face softening when he nodded slowly.

 

“I had, Ha Jin-ah… But is true. We need to talk… We left so many things unspoken that time. I don’t want this happening again.” She could sense the sadness in his voice.

 

He was right. That time they didn’t talk anymore. They left so many things in the dark because of the circumstances surrounding them, and it broke them. More than they thought initially.

 

But before any of them could speak again a voice called for Ha Jin. And both directed their attention to the people walking at their direction. She felt surprised again. Walking at the side of Seo Youra, her neurologist, was the Princess, Yeon Hwa, her intern that took care of her as well. Now she understood why she always felt that intern to be so familiar. How ironic, she was healed by the woman that hated her so much. She could feel how tensed So was beside her.

 

The modern Yeon Hwa had a gentle smile on her perfect lips, with glasses hiding half of her pretty face. She looked at Ha Jin with genuine interest. But who spoke was the senior doctor, her neurologist, doctor Seo.

 

“Kyung Ho told me that you had some fainting experiences, Ha Jin-ah.” The older doctor said. “You should have called me, girl.” The older woman had a more serious face.

 

“I’m sorry, doctor Seo.” Ha Jin said looking apologetically at the doctor. The woman’s face softened.

 

“I said you could call me unnie, dear.” She said, smiling this time. “Yeon Hwa, lead our dear Ha Jin to the exams room, I need to check if we have some equipment cleared for her.” The younger woman nodded, and the senior doctor nodded in acknowledgment at So, and gave a warm smile to Cho Hee.

 

Youra left, and Yeon Hwa spoke for the first time, directed at both So and Cho Hee.

 

“You two can wait here.” She pointed at the chairs near a wall. “And you, miss Go, follow me.” Yeon Hwa said, guiding Ha Jin gently at the doors close to the nurse station.

 

Ha Jin looked at her back, at So, and gave him a reassuring smile. She knew she was fine, but she knew he would just be relaxed just when the doctor said it. She couldn’t look at him anymore when the door of the examination room was closed behind her.

 


 

N/A: I know this chapter is smaller than the other hahaha But well… My chapters are big or short depending of the things I want to tell on them. And this case, it ends here.

I wanted to write the talk they need to have too. But I decided to have this talk in a chapter only for this. After all is a very important thing for them.

And I’ve decided that no one aside from Ha Jin, Joon So and Jimong will remember their past. After considering and listening to your opinions, I decided to not. But the memories of the past can come in different forms, and maybe they can appear for the others members of the family. They won’t have the complete recovery of memories though.

I hoped you liked this chapter. I know it didn’t had a completely interaction between Ha Jin and the modern form of the princes. But it will come soon enough. First, our SoSoo couple had some things to solve hahaha

Thank you for all the reviews, all the upvotes, kudos, favorites, subscriptions and all. I really appreciated them all :D

See you next chapter!

Nath :*