Mr. Cold and Miss Bratty

Alone No More

Chapter Six: Mr. Cold and Miss Bratty

 

It was a busy day in Kang&Lee associates, one of the few law firms in Korea that had a wide group of clients that came from humble people, to big names of chaebol families. They were famous for their efficient work, independent of who the person they were representing was. Wook was proud to say he was part of that team, and he did his part to help people in various conditions.

 

The fourth son of the Kim family was in his office, which had dark walls, a solid wood desk, in one of the walls he had shelves filled with law books he had read during his graduation and after he graduated, the other wall was of glass, overlooking the city of Seoul. Behind him, he had his degree hanged, and some photos of his graduation and his family. His desk was always too full to have the photos there.

 

The files of the cases he was working were always taking up a lot of space in his desk, just having the exact space for his desktop computer, the office phone, and a space for his cup of coffee. He was seated in the chair behind his desk, busy reading the case he was handled earlier that morning, a wife against her abusing husband. He was furrowing while reading the details in the file, at every detail came to him from the police report he had an absurd will to put that man behind bars, and he would make the possible for it to happen.

 

He was so concentrated that he didn’t notice the knock on his door, not even when it opened and a beautiful woman stepped in. Park Myung Hee walked until she was in front of him, separated only by his desk, she smiled watching him twitching the corner of his lips in repressed anger, and the way he would pose his fingers, crossing them under his chin.

 

“Kim Ha Wook-ssi” she called, finally attracting his attention from the file.

 

Wook was surprised to see her in his office, he put the file above the others in his desk, still surprised. Myung Hee was always a vision for him, her beautiful face, with a pinkish color in her cheeks, her lips that were always in a cherry lipstick, her black hair cut at shoulder length with waves, and her black eyes that were always overflowing with kindness and intelligence. But what always made him pause wasn’t her beauty, was the overflow of emotions that hit him every time he set his eyes on her. It was a mix of sadness, regret, pain, and love. His heart would always pound painfully in his chest and a bitter taste would reach his mouth. He was always confused by those, and the fact he never tried to pursue the feelings he knew he had for her.

 

He wasn’t the shy type that would flee at the vision of his crush when he was a teenager, but things seemed to have changed in his adulthood when he met Myung Hee. He was mesmerized by her when they first crossed paths inside Kang&Lee, but more his feelings for her grew, more intense were the other emotions, and that sense that he didn’t deserve someone like her. He cleared his throat and averted his gaze to his files again when he noticed his stare was fixed on her. He awkwardly fumbled on his files.

 

“What can I help you, Park Myung Hee-ssi?” He asked politely.

 

Myung Hee’s smile faded a bit, she looked at her perfectly manicured nails looking for the best words. She felt a clench in her heart at his so cold response to her, but she mustered all her courage to say what she wanted.

 

“I was wondering if you don’t want to go lunch with me…?” She finally said looking at him again.

 

He stopped what he was doing and turned to look at her, seeing the determination in her eyes. His heart was beating crazily on his chest.

 

“I…I…” he looked around, trying to think in something, but nothing came to his mind. “Yes… Sure.” He decided.

 

The smile that appeared in her lips was beautiful and he saw himself smiling in return, even that voice keep telling at the back of his mind he couldn’t do that. But for that day, he would ignore that voice, because her smile was worth it all.

 


 

Ha Jin had just returned from her lunch time and was re-arranging the products into the shelves feeling a bit down. So had said they would lunch together, but he had to cancel it last minute because of an emergency meeting, and she end up lunching alone. She piled the new soap inspired in Goryeo into its spot and sighed dejectedly. The Goryeo line was selling well, what was good news to her, she would receive a raise soon, she hoped.

 

She walked at the front of the store to grab more products to replace in the shelves when she saw a very familiar woman pass by the shop window followed by another familiar face. Ha Jin took a deep breath as she saw Myung Hee walking inside the shop followed by Wook. She blinked away the tears that were forming in her eyes at the vision of one of the most important woman in her life as Hae Soo.

 

Myung Hee walked ahead in direction of the exposed products trailed by Wook that seemed to be really tense. Ha Jin could see his tensed shoulders and one of the stern faces that remembered her the Wook that planned his brothers’ deaths and the one she met after So ascended to the throne. She signaled to Cho Hee to assume the replacement of products and approached the couple.

 

Wook was watching Myung Hee look fascinated at the makeups and other beauty products exposed. His lunch with her was pleasant, if you consider his attempt to keep the politely distance he has been keeping between them for the past three years. Myung Hee was the one that were brightly bringing the different topics to talk into the lunch, and he would give her short answers.

 

“Oh, look at this! Is such a beautiful color.” She said, bringing him back to the present. She was pointing to a set of blush.

 

Before he could say anything or remember her that they would have to come back to the office in twenty minutes he heard a voice speak at his side.

 

“You can test it, if you want.”

 

He turned at his side to see Go Ha Jin standing beside him with a smile in her lips and a different glint in her eyes. An automatic smile appeared in his lips, what didn’t go unnoticed by Myung Hee that had turned to see the person that spoke.

 

“Hyungsonim, so this is the shop you work.” He stated with pleasant smile in his lips.

 

Ha Jin turned at him.

 

“Yes, yes… Kim Ha Wook-ssi” she said blushing a little and letting out a nervous laugh.

 

She was so concentrated in looking into Myung Hee’s direction that she for a moment forgot of the man that was accompanying her.

 

“Do you know each other?” the curiosity was present in Myung Hee tone, as it was something Ha Jin couldn’t identify.

 

“She is my hyung’s girlfriend.” Wook answered still looking at Ha Jin.

 

“Oh…” Was the only answer Myung Hee could say.

 

Ha Jin felt that something was strange in the air, as the way Wook was so tense, and the way that he seemed to avoid look at the other woman direction when she was looking at him. She cleared and turned to speak at Myung Hee.

 

“I can show you how our product will be on your skin, Miss…” she left open so the other woman could say her name.

 

“Park Myung Hee” the other answered, noticing her sweet smile.

 

“Follow me, Myung Hee-ssi.” She smiled at the memory that came at her of Myung Hee in Goryeo, when she made her cousin prettier. “I think your boyfriend won’t mind, right?” she turned to Wook to see his reaction.

 

She saw the astonished look in his eyes and a faint pink color creep into his cheeks and the tip of his ears.

 

“Oh, no. He isn’t my boyfriend, he is my work mate.” Myung Hee was quickly to answer, she was blushing more evidently at the words of Ha Jin and a small smile was in her lips.

 

“Oh… Sorry.” Ha Jin observed with interest the both of them, but decided to lead Myung Hee to the vanity mirror where I makeup chair was set up so clients could test the products. “I just thought you both are, you two really match.” She said casually, glancing at the couple. Myung Hee was blushing more, and Wook was with a stern and looking anywhere but the two women.

 

Ha Jin smiled at their reaction, she could see Wook was trying to hide something, she just didn’t know why. She helped the other woman sit comfortably on the chair.

 

“If you don’t mind I will clean your skin and take out all the makeup you are using so I can show you our products.” She reverted back to her professional demeanor.

 

“Of course”

 

With another smile, she turned to the vanity table picking up everything she needed. First, she took the product used to clean the makeup, and with gentle moves she passed a cotton imbibed into it in Myung Hee’s face, taking out all the makeup. Second, she used a small towel to wipe the product away, and used another product to prepare her face for the new makeup.

 

“I will use our Goryeo line in you, Myung Hee-ssi, I think will fit your skin tone better.” She said, as the woman opened her eyes to see the product she was holding. “This is a concealer made with rose oils and with natural flower to create the better skin tone, yours I the light one.” Ha Jin continued her explanation noticing how healthy was the color of Myung Hee’s skin, so different from the sick past self of the woman.

 

With a small nod of the woman Ha Jin started to apply the concealer into the woman’s face, with light with her brush she covered the face with the product, she covered the imperfections that weren’t there, when she finished the natural appearance of the makeup could be seen. She waited for Myung Hee’s inspection in the mirror, smiling at the awe in the other woman’s face.

 

“So smooth, is like I am not wearing any make up.” Myung Hee looked at Ha Jin.

 

“Is not finished yet, you need to see the final work.” Ha Jin said, and the other woman turned to lay onto the chair.

 

Wook were observing the interactions between Myung Hee and Ha Jin, and he even forgot they were running late for work. He was fascinated by how Myung Hee was so carefree in the hands of Ha Jin, and how his sister-in-law was taking care of the woman that hold his heart. He saw how Ha Jin would apply some powder, while explaining to Myung Hee about the way it should be applied and which color would be best for her. She picked another set of powder.

 

“This is the blush, I will apply some peach color in your cheeks, it was a common color used by royalty to give a beautiful color to their cheeks.” She giggled while passing the product in Myung Hee cheeks, following her cheekbones.

 

Ha Jin picked up another product, now working on Myung Hee’s eyes.

 

“This eyeliner is made from charcoal, but treated in laboratory.” She said while outlining the other’s eyes. “And how I think you are still in your work time, I will use a more professional set of eye shadows, dark grey with a pale pink.”

 

As soon as she finished talking she was applying the makeup, making it such a way it was in very discreet way. The dark grey was just slightly darker, and the pale pink was appearing enough to give color and bright into the makeup. Ha Jin finalized with passing a white eye shadow in the corners near the nose and under the eyebrows.

 

“Now the finishing touch… A cherry lipstick.” She said passing the product in Myung Hee’s lips outlining the woman’s perfect lips. “And is done…” Ha Jin said stepping back.

 

Myung Hee opened her eyes and stared at her reflection into the mirror, her eyes staring in away at her face. She was proud to say she always felt she was beautiful, but delicate combination of colors made her beauty shine. All thanks to that woman and her magic hands. She turned to look at Wook that was staring at her with his mouth slightly agape, she felt a burst of pride and awareness coat her heart, and a big smile appeared in her lips that had a light darker shade of pink, in between pink and red.

 

“How am I?” she boldly asked Wook that had wonder in his eyes.

 

“Wonderful…” He said absentmindedly, his stare never leaving her. The makeup pointed out what was there.

 

“Ha Jin-ssi, I would like to buy all you used on me today, if you don’t mind.” Myung Hee said, smiling so widely that Ha Jin smiled equally.

 

“If you wait for a bit, I can bring you a kit.” She said and bowed to the woman, smiling even more when she saw the ‘Thank You’ Myung Hee mouthed at her.

 

Ha Jin run in direction of the stock to prepare a new kit for Myung Hee with the colors and tones she used in the woman. She just shot a last glance to the couple behind her, feeling content she helped Myung Hee once again with the man she loved. She came back minutes later with the products packed in a pretty bag with the shop’s name and symbol. The other woman when to the cashier to pay for her purchase, and a still dazed Wook following behind.

 

At the moment she was finally finishing Myung Hee’s purchase the front door of the shop was opened again, and a male figure strode to where she was, holding a simple bouquet with small white flowers and an apologetic smile in his perfect lips. And it was time for Ha Jin’s heart beat crazily in her chest.

 

“Hyung!” Wook said as he saw his brother pass by him taking him out of his amazement.

 

So stopped in his tracks to look at his young brother with a furrowing browns, but then he saw Myung Hee looking at him.

 

“Oh… Hey Wook.” He said, and bowed slightly to Myung Hee that did the same.

 

Some of Ha Jin’s coworkers started to giggle, and Cho Hee said with a teasing smile in her lips.

 

“Mister Flowers is back.” Ha Jin blushed at that comment.

 

“What are you doing here, So-yah?” She asked, she thought he would still be too busy with his meeting.

 

“I came to apologize for cancelling our lunch together earlier.” He said giving her the flowers, she accepted it with a smile. She breathed the scent of the flowers. “I am sorry, Ha Jin-ah.” Ge continued, leaning over the counter approaching his face of hers.

 

She blushed at the sound of the giggling of the females at the shop. Ha Jin stepped back, receiving a pout in answer by him.

 

“Thank you for the flowers.” She said, trying to hold her smile, but failing.

 

Wook was observing his older brother in fascination, the side he just heard about so far, and now he was witnessing with both of his eyes. But he couldn’t help the pang of jealousy that came after, he wished he could be so open with his feelings too. Although he didn’t understand why he was like that with Myung Hee, he wished he could open up and give themselves a chance. But all that feeling that he was undeserving of her love, and that guilt that came, just made him uncertain. He wished he was doing what his brother was, openly showing his love to his loved one.

 

He grabbed his phone and snapped a picture and looked at the outcome. In the forefront of the picture was Myung Hee’s profile, her beauty capture by his phone lens and the glint of joy in her eyes. At the back of the picture was Ha Jin looking enamored while glancing So, that had one of the biggest smiles Wook saw in his brother’s lips.

 

“Unfortunately, I can’t stay more, but I wanted to at least see you today.”  So said, and with a mischievous grin he pulled Ha Jin close and pecked her lips in front of the shop vendors and customers alike, what made some girls squealing in delight and Ha Jin turn two shades of red at once. “I will call you later.”

 

And with that words he gave Ha Jin another peck, but this time in her forehead and with a wink and a wave he walked to the exit. Wook could noticed he was with lighter steps and a big smile was still in his face, he shook his head at his brother. It was really such a vision, he looked at his phone. This time he would be the one doing the report, apparently. He chuckled when he noticed the dazed look into Ha Jin’s face while still holding the flowers.

 

Myung Hee giggled at his side.

 

“And you two make a beautiful couple.” She said to Ha Jin, pointing to where So had left. It made Ha Jin even more red and an awkward laugh escaped her lip.

 

That moment Wook looked at his phone clock and gasped.

 

“We have to go Myung Hee-ssi, we are late.” He grabbed Myung Hee’s hand, the one that wasn’t holding her new makeup kit, and walked fast into the exit. “Goodbye hyungsonim, was a pleasure to meet you today!” he said waving at Ha Jin, not noticing the bright smile in Myung Hee’s lip and the light pink in her cheeks.

 

Myung Hee was thanking all gods she knew, because enter in that store that day was the best choice she ever done in the last few years she knew Wook. She glanced back to look at Ha Jin and once again she mouthed a ‘Thank You’.

 


 

Eun was seating in his favorite coffee shop with his new friend Kang San, both of them busy with their phones and occasionally talking to each other to say something of the quest they were playing at that moment. It was like that that Jung met his older brother, engrossed in his game with a guy he didn’t know, and he supposed it was Go Kang San, their new sister-in-law younger brother Eun had been talking about.

 

Jung approached the table the both of them were siting and took Eun’s phone from his hand. Eun gasped and tried to have his phone back, but failing to fight his younger brother for his phone again, he was shorter than Jung and far less strong than him.

 

“Yah brat! Just give it back, I am in the middle of killing a Nosferatus!”

 

“You called me here to talk, and not watch you play in your phone.” Jung answered, keeping the phone out of Eun’s reach.

 

“Hyung, hyung!” Kang San desperately called alternating his eyes from the screen of his phone and the situation happening at their table. He was pressing buttons on his phone as his life depended on it. “!”

 

He screamed attracting the attention to their table, people glaring at them. Eun forgot about his phone and rushed to his dongsaeng side to see what happened, he left out an outraged cry.

 

“We were almost there!” he said looking at their characters’ death inside the game before Kang San’s character went back to his check point city. “Yah, Jung! Is your fault!”

 

The younger Kim just chuckled at the dejected face both friends were sowing him. He gave his older brother his phone back while saying.

 

“Now act as a normal person hyung and introduce me.” Glaring at him Eun complied.

 

“Kang San, this is my younger brother, Kim Dae Jung, you can call him just Jung or brat.” He said still irritated placing his phone on the table with a loud thud.

 

Kang San seemed the least irritated and smiled to Jung.

 

“Nice to meet you!”

 

Jung smiled back and took a seat in the table.

 

“Is a pleasure to meet you too, Kang San hyung. Eun hyung talks a lot about you.” What was true. Since Eun meet Kang San two weeks’ prior the older one didn’t stop talking about him. “I even feel like I know you really well.”

 

Eun blushed at his younger brother words and grabbed his phone back to hide his embarrassment, it was when he saw new messages on a certain group. He opened it and soon he grabbed Jung’s arm.

 

“Jungie, did you see it?”

 

Both Jung and Kang San looked at him.

 

“See what?”

 

“Wook posted a picture, you have to see it!” It made something lighten on Jung’s head and the younger grabbed his phone and shuffle on it. Soon he was gasping.

 

“Gosh, he is so shameless.” He was furrowing at his phone looking at the said picture and the text that followed. 

 

Kang San was confused, and curious to what they were talking about.

 

“Who is shameless?” He saw himself ask.

 

Jung snapped his head up again and looked at Kang San briefly before realization came to him.

 

“YAH! Hyung, you befriended her brother and you didn’t introduce him to the group?” He said accusingly to Eun.

 

The older Kim furrowed for a bit before he looked at his friend with a sheepish smile. Jung shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Oops, my bad.” Eun scratched the back of his head. And then pick up his phone again pressing some buttons. “Look at your phone.”

 

Curiously Kang San opened his phone and saw that in his LINE app it was with new message showing. He opened the app and saw he was added to a new group. It was written:

 

You were added to ‘Meddling with Mr. Cold life’

 

“What is this?” he looked at both Kims

 

“Just read it hyung” Jung said.

 

He pressed into the group and his eyes bulged at seeing the latest messages. He scrolled up to see the messages from the beginning and his mouth was agape.

 

“Are you spying on So hyung and Ha Jin noona?” he asked in disbelief while seeing a particularly well draw scene of the referred couple.

 

“I confess we did it the first time… The others were pure coincidence.” Eun said with his cheeks getting red in embarrassment. 

 

“Why Mr. Cold?” he asked curiously.

 

“Omma calls So hyung Mr. Cold, most of the times.” Jung said, chuckling a bit, making Kang San laugh too.

 

“Omma need to see this!” he said. “Can I add her?”

 

“Of course!” Jung and Eun said at the same time. With a smile, Kang San pressed buttons and he added his mother to the group. At this action, someone message in the group.

 

Wonie: What is this? New people?

 

“This is our older brother Won.” Eun provided while typing his answer.

 

LordGael: They are Ha Jin’s family hyung.

 

Jung snorted and added.

 

Jung: Hyung forgot to introduce them to the group.

 

And Kang San added his bit too.

 

GoSinael: Hello, nice to meet you all. I am Go Kang San, Ha Jin’s little brother.

 

Won’s message didn’t take too much to come, and followed by others.

 

Wonie: Welcome to our humble HQ of info about So hyung’s love life with our dear hyungsonim. :D

 

KimHaWook: I hope you don’t mind us. ;)

 

MinYoung: Oh, hello. What is this? What are you involved Kang San?  

 

Kang San shook his head at his mother’s words. Why show would always think he was the mastermind of things, he didn’t know. Just because when he was a kid he always had plans for everything? He snorted exasperatedly.

 

“Why she always said this stuff to me?” what made the Kim brothers chuckle. Kang San typed his answer.

 

GoSinael: Omma, this group was created by So hyung’s family so they could spy on him and noona.

 

Who messaged after him was another person. And the other Kims answered as well.

 

ActorYo: kkkkkkk

 

Actor Yo: Welcome here hyungsonim’s family. Will be a pleasure to share with you our information.

 

LordGael: Welcome Kang San eomonim.

 

Jung: Nice to meet you, ma’am.

 

KimHaWook: Is really a pleasure to meet you.

 

Wonie: Welcome, I hope you enjoy!

 

At this Kang San’s mother finally answered.

 

MinYoung: Oh, hello So seobang family. Nice to meet you all!

 

MamaLee: So seobang?

 

Soo Yeon finally appeared. The word seobang made both Eun and Jung look at Kang San.

 

“What you know that we don’t?” Jung asked, noticing the lack of surprise into the Go boy face.

 

“Well…” he started, scratching the back of his head. But their attention was called again by their phones trembling in their hands.

 

MamaLee: Nice to meet you, I am Lee Soo Yeon, So’s mother and these other boys.

 

MinYoung: Nice to meet you, I am Jung Min Young, Ha Jin and Kang San’s mother.

 

MinYoung: Well… I just started to call So seobang like this because he said he would marry my Ha Jin. Didn’t he tell you this? *a curious emoji*

 

MamaLee: Marry?

 

PapaKim: …What?

 

Jung and Eun snapped their heads at the same time to look at Kang San that had an amused smile in his lips.

 

“You didn’t know?”

 

“No!” they answered at the same time, making the other boy chuckle.

 

“Well… He told this when he first met us.”

 

“Deabak!” Eun mumbled, while Jung turned to look at his phone to see the same explanation coming from Kang San’s mother. Their LINE group was being flooded by surprised stickers and messages.

 

At that moment Eun noticed something. Looking around the coffee shop he furrowed his browns.

 

“Where is Baek Ah?” He had called both Jung and Baek Ah to meet Kang San, but the second youngest Kim didn’t come to where they were supposed to meet.

 

Jung looked at his older brother and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Don’t know.”

 

They were distracted again for another avalanche of texts and they laughed at the explosion of Myung Ju at the news that has been shared again to both Kang San and Min Young about the couple.

 

MinYoung: I think this group should be called ‘Middling with Mr. Cold and Miss Bratty life’. Would be more fun. :D

 

At those words, soon was seen:

 

MamaLee changed the name of the group to ‘Middling with Mr. Cold and Miss Bratty life’.

 

It made the three boys laugh attracting more attention to their table.

 


 

Baek Ah was walking in the corridors of his University looking intently to the painting he had in hands, he wasn’t satisfied with what he made so he needed to fix it as soon as possible. He sighed to think his brothers were probably looking for him in the place they agreed to meet, but he had a late class that day, and that work to perfect before handling it to the teacher to be approved.

 

He sighed again at feeling his phone tremble again in his pocket, it has been trembling without a stop for the past 30 minutes and he could just guess that new things about his older brother was being discussed. He shook his head with an amused smile in his lips, his family was strange sometimes.

 

He turned a corner without paying much attention, and it was his mistake, because he bumped on someone else. His paint fell onto the ground together with what the person he bumped was holding. He squatted at the ground, without looking at the person and mumbling apologies he picked the person’s belongings. What he didn’t expect was the person did the same, squatting on the group taking his paint, mumbling apologies too.

 

Their hands touched when they reached for the book and it made both look at each other. And Baek Ah stopped breathing. The dark brown eyes were looking at him with a mix of curiosity and impatience, with long lashes, her high cheekbones, her round face, and small lips. Her brown hair was loose and around her face with beautiful waves.

 

“Thank you” she said, grabbing her book and her belongings he had gathered, rose form the floor and walked away. She had left his painting in front of him.

 

Still dazed he picked up his painting and rose. He couldn’t believe. She was real. The face he has been drafting for as long he remembers was real. He breathed deeply. He gave a step and felt he was stepping onto something, he looked at the ground again seeing a pink object. He bent down again and picked up a key chain in from of a ballet shoes. It was hers, it just could be. He looked behind him, in the direction she was going, but couldn’t see her.

 

He looked at the pink object again, seeing the details of the ballet shoes, the ribbons hanging from the small shoes and some initials embroidered at the silky material.

 

NWH

 

He glanced one more time to where she was going torn between following the path she went or not, but then the painting in his hand seemed to get heavy, he had that urgent thing to solve. He put the key chain in his pocket and started to walk to the painting class again. At least he would have an excuse to see her again.

 

The girl of his drawings.

 


 

Some days had passed, it was already Thursday, since Ha Jin saw Myung Hee and Wook on the shop, the memory still making her happy just to remember her doing the makeup on her again. Good memories flooded her. But was days since she last met So too, they had to spent the days just talking through messages or phone calls, he was busy with the company and she couldn’t demand him to see her. For more that she missed him.

 

It was the end of her shift and the sun was already set, she was one of the last few people closing the shop. She finished stocking some products at the back of the store and walked to the dressing room to change her uniform for casual clothes, when she finished she walked at the front of the shop and said goodbye for the other girls, Cho Hee following her.

 

“Are you happy you will have all the weekend to rest?” her friend asked. “I am so jealous, you will have Friday, Saturday and Sunday to rest. Mine is just next week.” She finished with a pout. What made Ha Jin giggle.

 

“Yes, I am happy.” She said, she was expecting that So could at least be with her for a bit during those days. Ha Jin’s smile faded.

 

“Missing Mister Flowers?” Cho Hee asked when noticing the change in Ha Jin.

 

“Yes” she answered.

 

“Oh!” Cho Hee said and sympathetically. “I am sure you two will meet this weekend, Ha Jin-ah” she said as they turned the corner to enter the main street.

 

The heavens appeared to be listening to Cho Hee because they saw a tall figure waiting in front of his car. A very familiar figure.

 

“So!” Ha Jin couldn’t contain her excitement to see her boyfriend again after days. She run into him, hugging him tight, leaving behind a giggling Cho Hee.

 

“I told you” she said before she continued her walk to the bus stop, waving goodbye at the couple with a big smile in her lips. She refused the unsaid question of So if she wanted a ride, she didn’t want to be in the middle of the couple.

 

Ha Jin waved goodbye to her friend still inside the strong arms of her boyfriend, enjoying his warmth.

 

“I missed you” he said, lowering his face to look at her in the eyes.

 

“I missed you too” she answered, smiling a bit before she reached for his lips, giving him a sweet peck.

 

So sighed and snuggled her closer, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, breathing her scent of roses. He had a rough week, too many things to deal considering the changes the company will suffer with the transition of hands.

 

“Something is wrong?” her sweet voice reached him, her small hands caressing his shoulders. “You know you can talk to me about anything.”

 

“Nothing wrong, is just too much paperwork, people calling my office nonstop, and board members trying to make impossible requests.” He groaned at the end remembered of some stupid people that had some saying in their company.

 

“Meaning, you need some rest.” She said, one of her hands now reaching his hair and playing with it.

 

“Unfortunately, I have to go work tomorrow.” He snorted, what made her laugh.

 

“I wish I could do something to help you.” He could sense the frustration in her voice.

 

So sighed and tightened his arms around her.

 

“You…” An idea appeared in his mind, and a shy smile appeared at his lips. He separated them so he could look at her eyes again. “You can come with me to my house.”

 

“What?” she said flabbergasted, her eyes almost popping out of her sockets. Her cheeks gaining a bright red color.

 

He chuckled.

 

“Not like that.” A mischievous smile appeared in his lips. “Although I don’t dislike the idea.”

 

Ha Jin left out an indignant squeak and slapped him in his shoulder.

 

“erted!”

 

So hold her wrist, with his smile never faltering.

 

“It wasn’t me that suggested.” He approached his face of her. Ha Jin’s heart was beating like crazy in her chest. “But in reality, I just want you there, I want to feel you… You always have the power to relax me.”

 

At every word, Ha Jin’s heart would pound even louder in her ears, and a delicious heat will climb her body. She would be lying if she said that she had never thought about giving another step in their relationship, although they gave it long time ago. It was the memories of those that came to her in dreams or even daydreams, and she would be left all flustered and in need. But they were in another life, another relationship, and she wasn’t certain if they were ready to take that step. Even that they had multiple times almost come to that, but being always interrupted by something, so, she was still in doubt.

 

“O-Okay” she saw herself saying. Yeah, it didn’t mean they had to do anything. “I will go with you to your house.” He never asked her to spend the night with him before, although she had visited his loft more than once.

 

The smile that appeared in his face made him look even more handsome, and she saw herself smiling as big as him.

 

“Thank you.” He lowered again and captured her lips in a more heated kiss, pulling her back to where she was before.

 


 

N/A: And here we have our new chapter! I am really curious if you liked it here or not ;) Pleeeease, leave me a comment bellow, I really want to know your opinion hahaha

Just to say… Our awaited rated M scene is coming next chapter. I guess people that don’t like to read this stuff can jump him, I will try my best to not put important plot development there. But If I do, I will let you all know in the beginning of the chapter in the note – and I will let you know what parts you should jump.

I say this, because I plan my chapters, but they tend to write themselves lol So something can happen that wasn’t planned. So if anything changes I will let you know in the author note :3

And who said Wook last chapter won cookie points! Yay! Hahaha I still have to decide what to do with the cookie points hahahaha Now, who do you think will be the next? And I have to tell you to put the parents in the list now, because they will have their spy moments too hahaha

Now I have to give you all a sad note D: The Christmas is arriving and I travel back to my hometown to have it with my family, so I will be busy until the 26th of December. After that I promise to be back with the next chapter and a Special Chapter I have planned for you all ahahaha I hope this can compensate ;)

Have a nice end of the year folks!

Nath :*