Part 1 First Step

House 7-0

First step ever you have taken may lead you to something big. Anything you haven’t experience before when you thought that everything is going to be absolutely normal. It is just the harsh reality of life.

 

What a feeling of brand new sensation you feel in the land of you have been longing all this time. Now you have comeback to somewhere you are really belong at least that how you feel currently. The sound of the airplane leaving the airport makes you grinned.

 

“I’m back!!!!!” you shouted from your heart didn’t care all the eyes judging your behaviour.

 

Jo SuA is finally back to Korea after graduating from a prestigious university in America in English related course. She will become an English teacher appropriate with her study at Pledis High.

 

Pledis high is one of the many assets of Pledis Group. They owned a high ranking school and their workers may live in Pledia Residential at half price of course it has been cut from their salary though.

 

Pledia Residential has seven ranking. The very first ranking is for the workers who work their blood, sweat and tears with Pledis Group. The second row is specifically built for their blood-relatives but you know it is always been empty you can call it as empty because they never been there. You can find a playground with a luxurious swimming pool there. Unfortunately you will never get in since you are not their blood-related thingy. To those who can afford to pay the full lease of the dream-like house between the areas may stay at the third until sixth row.

 

Finally, the seventh row. Wild rumours stated that the whole house in seventh row are owned by the young master of Pledis Group and he made them cheaper for renting. Some students from Pledis High stayed there and of course the teachers too. Jo SuA will be moving in there so, she could part a small amount from her salary to pay the rent. It will not going to be a problem to her.

 

House 7-1. A new page of her life begins here. She got the second house in between House

7-0 and 7-2. It is a nice place to stay. Although the lease is cheaper but the whole designs are not that much differ from the other rows. The house provided you with one master bedroom and another room on the upstairs while there are two rooms at the downstairs. King sized super comfortable bed is provided in the master bedroom while a queen sized bed is placed in the other rooms each. The house compound is shouting the ‘go green’ campaign because of the house-in-the-garden concept practiced by the Pledis group for generations by now. It is all a beauty in the eyes.

 

House 7-2 lived by a couple of folks without their children along but they seems contented enough with their life there.

 

“we’re sorry for not able to help you moving in. You know we are old with weak bodies” the food well preserved in a container in their hands changed to mine.

 

“don’t say that. I don’t mind at all. Thank you for the food. It has been a long time to eat Korean real cuisine” Jo SuA said with manner to the folks.

 

“you should meet the people in the House 7-0. They are a bunch of nice people” the lady chuckled.

 

“I noticed that it seems like somebody is living in there but no one seems to come out ever. Well, I’ll try to greet them after this”

 

The folk couple left the scene after informing Jo SuA that they’ll be gone for a vacation sort of at their only son’s house tomorrow.

 

Like Jo SuA just got there and someone is already leaving. She sighed heavily while wiping the dripping sweat on her forehead resulted from tidying and arranging her things. It is not that much but it is not a work to be done alone by a girl.

 

She was about to go in when she noticed someone from House 7-0 was looking at her direction from the veranda. But the dazzling sunlight didn’t permit her to see his face before he went back into the house.

 

Tidying the house all day alone does drained her out. She was on her shower while deciding she will go to the nearby store she saw while going to Pledia Residential. She will never cook today. Thinking of instant ramyun is heaven enough to satisfy her growling belly.

 

With a plain quartz sweater and serenity long track pants, she is ready to go. She always has her dark brown hair braided whenever she is leaving her house. She feels clean.

 

Greeting while entering the store is normal. The abnormal one is when the cashier at counter just stares blankly at you gives out an awkward feeling. Jo SuA just walked in though.

 

“excuse me…” she paused and looked at his nametag at his chest.

 

“Wonwoo-ssi…”

 

“where’s the instant ramyun section?” the store is not that big actually.

 

How impressive that his expression doesn’t change. He stretched his right hand as he is pointing to a direction but Jo SuA is hardly to understand.

 

“just go to the back. The hot water machine is at the right” another voice coming out from the torso walking out from the space behind the counter. The stockroom. He is with a charming smile to make Jo SuA flustered a little.

 

“thank you…” again she looked at the latter’s nametag.

 

“Mingyu-ssi” she nodded a little and left the scene for her instant ramyun.

 

Before that she observed Wonwoo’s expression that still didn’t shift with her judging face.

 

She muttered slowly almost whispering.

“is he deaf-mute? But he understands me. His face also it is not even change even a slight. What a weird person” Jo SuA opened her all set cup instant ramyun.

 

She eats ravenously since she has been starving the whole day.

 

Jo SuA won’t do anything aside not after she has finished her one job. Literally, she just can focus on one thing at one time. It’s mere her bad habit.

 

She fainted during her final exam in her last semester during her student’s life back then in America because she didn’t consume any food the day before as she was too much focusing on studying. She fainted right when she took her right foot into the examination hall. Since the whole people in the hall were the witness of the bitter truth she managed to take a special examination after woke up the next day. She passed and she is a teacher-to-be at Pledis High.

 

Braided hair, plain white t-shirt and black trousers are perfect combinations to start her first day as a Pledis High teacher.

 

“you’ll be taking in charged on class 1-1 as their homeroom teacher as well as class 2-1 as their English teacher” Principal Eric gave Jo SuA her task as a teacher there.

 

She is very excited!

 

The door of the teachers’ room cracked open slightly.

 

“this is Mingyu. He’ll bring you to your class. According to the schedule your first class is at class 1-1 so, all the best for you” she received some strength from those encouraging words from Principal Eric.

 

She turns to meet that Mingyu, the student.

 

A student with a charming smile. However, she is familiar with that smile but she faintly remember.

 

“should we go, new teacher” his full of manner voice is not strange anymore.

 

“yes… sure” Jo SuA is still struggling to remember.

 

“don’t eat instant noodles often now your face is blotted” Mingyu stopped suddenly and turned to Jo SuA behind him. For a while, their face distance is mere 10cm away.

 

Thanks to Mingyu 185cm so their, face didn’t meet. Jo SuA’s heart was beating fast at the moment. Her cheeks felt hot as if you could cook something on it.

 

“here we are. I must go back to my class. Good luck, new teacher” Mingyu was waving farewell.

 

“wow! This school is something else. How come a student be so charming” she stunned.

 

“ya! You’re a teacher not a lover-seeking woman even worse from your own students” she just woke up to the reality.

“hi! I’m your new homeroom teacher. My name is Jo SuA” she wrote her name on the board.

 

“is it true you just cameback from America?” Hansol, a boy with western face asked.

 

“yes so I can teach you all here. You look non-korean though” Jo SuA made a point.

 

“new teacher, don’t be fooled by his face. He’s completely Korean” his partner Seungkwan is full with enthusiasm.

 

“well, i came to korea since I was 5 years old from New York and I live in Hongdae actually. A house with a big tree in front of the Sanwollim Theatre” he explained earnestly.

 

… (awkward silence in the class)

 

“I think I can give your examination result directly to your parents?” Jo SuA was being sarcastic to her innocent student, Chew Vernon Hansol.

 

“no no no” now, he was making his meme face.

 

The whole class laughed their heart out with that kid’s humorous behaviour.

 

Jo SuA thinks that everything will turn out well at this school. Everyone is very nice.

 

“teacher, do you actually have a boyfriend already?” Yein, the class visual asked.

 

“hey! Come on. I just got back remember” she rolled her eyes and chuckled with her blushing face with the sudden question.

 

Out of the blue, the cashier with the blank stare from the store last night popped out from her mind.

 

“cute”

 

She noticed that there is an empty sit at the back.