Motivation

You Are Not My Competition

 

“Whoa! You look so handsome!” Junhyung stood up from his seat.

“Really? You think so? I don’t think this suit is working for me?” Hyunseung frowned.

“It’s the bow tie isn’t it?”

Hyunseung nodded his head like a kid.

“Here, let me fix it for you, unlike you, I actually did go to the senior year formal so I got experience with putting on a boy tie.”

“Thanks man.”

“There, it’s all good now.”

“Why do you guys have girlfriends?”

Doo Joon walked past the two and checked himself out in the mirror.

“Don’t even bother with their bromance, if they were idols, can you imagine how many fanfics they would have?” Gi Kwang asked.

“Urgh… dude, how do you know about fanfics?” Doo Joon raised an eyebrow.

“Som was reading them anyways, they don’t even care.”

“We’re here! We’re here! We’re here!” you barged into the studio huffing and puffing, followed by Landy.

“Oh babe!” Junhyung and Hyunseung said at the same time as they ran up to Landy and you.

“Why did you run?” Hyunseung asked you.

“I thought we were going to be late.”

“You were just a tiny bit late,” Hyunseung pinched your cheeks.

“Oh! You did a mighty fine job with fixing up your suit,” you straightened out his bow tie.

“Yeah, Junhyung helped me.”

“Of course he would,” you said in a sarcastic manner.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Can we please get the bride and groom-to-be here please?”

I looked over at Som and Gi Kwang and smiled to myself. Everyone is so happy, it seems like everything has finally fallen into place. I can’t believe that Som is the first one to get married out of us three… well I can, because she’s the one that reads wedding magazines in her spare time. I chuckled to myself as I watched Som and Gi Kwang have their photo shoot.

“What are you laughing about?” Junhyung sat down next to me.

“Me?”

“Nope, I’m talking to chair.”

I whacked Junhyung’s arm.

“Ouch! Anyways, what you were chuckling to yourself about?”

“Well, I was thinking about how happy everyone is.”

“Ahh… you want to get married too…”

“What?!”

In what world-? No. I don’t want to get married – I do, just not now. I think…

Junhyung nudged me, “Don’t worry, I’ll hint it to Hyunseung.”

“Excuse me, but I don’t need you to be the matchmaker in Mulan. When he wants to, he can propose.”

Junhyung shrugged his shoulders, “Then I call dibs on the next wedding date.”

My eyes widened by the sudden ‘dibs’ on the wedding date. Does that mean Landy is next? Whoa! I am so excited! This is going to be daebak!

“When’s this date?” I wriggled my eyebrows.

“I don’t know but when I feel like the moment comes, I will definitely propose.”

“Whoa… so romantic…”

“What’s so romantic?” Hyunseung appeared from behind us.

“Don’t tell Landy but Junhyung just called dibs on the next wedding in our group.”

“Really?! Man, that’s great! If you ever need help for events. I’m there.”

I couldn’t help but smile at how eager Hyunseung was about this whole wedding thing. I don’t know why I was happy, why I was smiling so much, why I felt content with myself. I just did.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

After the photo shoot, the couples left for their separate ways. You and Hyunseung decided to go back to your respective companies. You both walked hand in hand towards Hyunseung’s car.

“Where did you park the car? It feels like we walked several kilometres.”

“I didn’t know that there wasn’t a parking lot. What kind of shop doesn’t have a parking lot?”

“I don’t know? Shops in Seoul?”

“What were you talking to Junhyung about before I came?”

“We were talking about him and Landy.”

“Ah… right. About the proposal thing,” Hyunseung then sharply turned his head towards you, “How about us? When do we tie the knot?”

“Is this a proposal?” you asked, half shocked and half surprised.

“Well, it’s more of a proposal for a proposal.”

“Eh?”

“I don’t want to take the others’ spotlight.”

“True, and both of us are busy and it’s going to be a bit difficult for us since we’re in the process of looking after H4 and Troublemakers.”

Hyunseung nodded his head and both of you walked in silence.

“How about-” you both said at the same time.

“The only way we’ll stop worrying about our boys is…”

“Is if they come first place,” finished off your sentence.

“And when we stop worrying…”

“Wedding plans are on a go!” Hyunseung grinned.

“Maybe we should tell the boys this,” you gave Hyunseung a mischievous smile.

“I see… motivation. I’m impressed Jenny,” Hyunseung nudged you.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh wow, this is the second last chapter...