Part 4 - Memories

KAIROS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dearest Starwisp,

I was quite intrigued by your name. I found out that a starwisp was a fictional, interstellar probe; unmanned, and a real piece of ingenuity. You're a Sciences major right? Perhaps you might be able to make one someday. I'd like to ride a starwisp in this lifetime.

Anyways, ah love.

Love is subjective. Love is a social construct, a feeling, a blush spreading across your cheeks.

It's running your fingers through someone else's hair, pleasured sighs, comfortable silences.

It is a spring day filled with flowers and sunshine. It's a summer afternoon with the sun warming your skin and the chlorine of the pool sticks to you. It's a fall twilight embraced with rich, deep colors and leaves that crunch satisfyingly under your feet. It's sometimes winter, cold, frost nipping at your nose, a constant reminder of how it can, and how it will hurt you sometimes.

But love, my dear, love is my favorite paradox.

It can be many things but nothing at all at the same time.

Love can be in sickeningly sweet words exchanged within a relationship. It can be the pin-drop silence after an argument which consisted of syllables caught in between teeth that won't be articulated in tension-filled air so as not to inflict pain upon each other once again.

Love can be shy smiles and kisses on foreheads, piggyback rides with laughter in the background, foreheads pressed against each other. Though it can also be the oceans and continents and knots and kilometers away from two kindred spirits; Skype calls and long-distance voicemails.

Love is often misunderstood as it is concrete and intangible at the same time.

But yes, you are right dearest Starwisp. The best way that you can be able to know what love actually is, is to be loved.

I hope you find someone who shows you what love is. You need only the courage to follow your heart.

The Best of Days,
Seoltang.

It was relieving Junmyeon realized. It's been so long that he has reminisced the feeling. It was good yet nostalgic at the same time. Despite everything that happened, it feels good to be able to relieve the memories of being in love.


*


The next morning comes and he finds himself going to Ha-neul's office.

"Hey Junmyeon, what brings you here early in the morning?" Ha-nuel holding a cup of espresso while preparing his teaching materials for the day.

"Goodmorning." Junmyeon smilling down at Ha-neul showing a bit of enthusiasm.

"Okay what's with the smile? I get it you're cute, but it's kinda creeping me out." Ha-neul raises his eyebrow now focusing on Junmyeon.

"I'll do it." Junmyeon eagerly says and Ha-neul stopped what he was doing. He gave an all smiles reply hearing the response. Finally, he thought to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter