Part 3 - Letter

KAIROS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon was seating at cafe working on a project. He works as an editor and a writer for a magazine aside from being a graduate school student. He types on his laptop while waiting for his cream based Frappuccino. Writing is his indulgence, Junmyeon is a literature major when he was in college. The idea of being engrossed in a completely different alternate universe is the reason why he chose this path. Aside from his current job he also works for his previous professor as an apprentice of some sort. He helps his professor check the student’s works during his spare time.

He noticed his phone vibrate and noticed a text message from his professor.

Junmyeon I have a new task for you, I think you’ll like it.
Are you free this afternoon? Meet me at my office. 3PM.

Junmyeon was pleased after seeing his professor’s message. He responded by saying he’d meet him at the office.

Junmyeon arrived at the University, he’s wearing a black knit sweater which made his pale white skin glow. He walked towards his Professor’s office knocked twice before entering. “Good afternoon Professor Kang.” Junmyeon greeted.

“You’re always so formal around me Junmyeon, are we not friends?” His professor beamed teasing him.

“I’m sorry Ha-neul. Is that better?” Junmyeon slightly smiled. Ha-neul is just 3 years older than Junmyeon. They became close when Junmyeon was in college, Ha-neul was a senior and Junmyeon was a sophomore. Ha-neul developed his feelings with Junmyeon before but Junmyeon made it clear that he did not want any relationship. They became really close eventually Ha-neul accepted that they are just friends but he was happy.

“Ecstatic.” Ha-neul giving a faint laugh and continued. “So about this new task, I’m handling this literary writing class for the entire year and a part of what they will be doing is writing letters as a form of manifesting excellent communication skills in form of written words.”

“What does it have to do with me?” Junmyeon asked while he sits down on the seat across Ha-neul’s table. Ha-neul explained to him that the letters that his student will create will be addressed to an anonymous figure. All letters of his literary writing class can write anything they would want to say either asking for an advice or just a mean of letting out of what they feel.

"This is the part where you come in." Ha-neul continues "The anonymous persona will be you, it means that you can choose any of these letters and reply to them. I'd also do the same task but you can pick which letters caught your attention the most."

Ha-neul further explained the tasks mechanics. Since the letters are addressed to an anonymous person all content should be confidential, whether it may be a simple greeting, sharing of problem, a confession or even just random story. The things inside the letter will remain between the writer and the reader. The students would choose their own codenames and leave their letters in the special box Ha-neul will provide. In order for Junmyeon to reply Ha-neul instructed to put their locker numbers inside the letter, they would leave their replies once the students are hom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter