Part 2 - Flashback

KAIROS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What took you so long hyung?" Jongin asks the still baffled Junmyeon.

"Nothing just freshened myself up." Junmyeon replies.

"Let’s go and enjoy the rest of the night!" Jongdae exclaims. Jongin and Sehun both shouted and grabbed Junmyeon to the crowd dancing in the fields to the drowning edm music. For once Junmyeon actually enjoyed because of his friends' aura of happiness. He think to himself that it’s okay to have fun once in a while.


*


Junmyeon is a really reserved person. Serious with his life, not really the explorer kind of guy. He believes that everything must be well planned and concise. The thing about Junmyeon is that he focuses on things that he think matters the most. And by that means valuing his time on studying and working. The reason behind this facade is because Junmyeon wanted to prove more for himself rather than living in a shadow of his family. He grew up from a simple yet promising family his dad is a known developer of an electronics company and his mom is a vice president of a charity foundation in Busan. His life was perfect, loving parents and a convenient life. Their parents soon migrated to the US but he decided to stay in Busan. He wanted his own legacy.

He wasn’t always like this, he used to be a warm and welcoming person. It was his junior year in Yongsan International School where he met his first love.

"Watch out!" Someone screamed in the background. Junmyeon barely notices the scream he is sitting peacefully on a bench near the school field where the soccer team is practicing until a ball hit the back of his head so hard he got knocked down from his seat. His things scrambled on the concrete Junmyeon slowly propped himself up and gather his stuff.

"Hey there I'm really sorry for what happened! I kicked the ball so hard it hit the pole and bounced to your direction. I didn't mean it, it was an accident I'm really really sor—" The boy stopped from talking when Junmyeon turned around to face him.

The boy wearing the soccer uniform with jersey number 07 with hair smothered in sweat, was caught off guard by the person he's looking at. It’s as if lightning had struck him and no words can express his feelings. Literally.

"Last time I checked I was the one hit by the ball. Why does it seem you’re the one who got it hard and can’t speak?" Junmyeon teasingly said slightly smiling.

"I uhm... I..." The soccer player still a loss for words putting his hand in front slightly shaking with eyes completely fixed on Junmyeon.

"Jaebum. My name is Im Jaebum." The boy managed to say.

"And I’m Kim Junmyeon." Junmyeon grabbed Jaebum's hands for support to get himself up this time.

"Look I'm sorry for what I did I really didn't mean to. Are you okay? Do you need me to accompany you to the clinic? Can you walk should I carry you there?" Jaebum regained his composure and remembered the incident that just happened.

"No I'm fine. It’s just a little shake in the head." Junmyeon spoke softly. Jaebum doesn't seem to believe him concern still flashes from his eyes so Junmyeon gave Jaebum a reassuring smile.

Jaebum's heart seem to skip a beat when he saw Junmyeon's smile. "Can i please make it up to you?" He managed to say. "I’ll buy you lunch is that okay?" Jaebum continued.

Junmyeon only managed to smile again and said "I have to go." He turned around and walks toward his class.

"Come see me play tonight. If I win you'll agree for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter