Chapter 11

The Life of a Priestess

At the sound of his scream of Yubin’s name, Hobi and Jimin appeared at his side, both of them gasping in shock at seeing her empty bed. Yoongi showed them the crystal skull, both of them stiffening in fear. Yoongi ordered them to go to the demon world to look for clues to Namjoon's whereabouts.

 

 

They both returned in the morning, telling him that they couldn’t find any clues. Yoongi’s grip on the black skull crystal became so tight that it cracked in half. “We have to find her. Every minute that bastard has her is another minute that she’s in danger because of me. If anything happens to her…” his head dropped as he tried to contain his anger.

 

When Namjoon had been in his prime over a hundred years ago, he took pleasure in torturing, killing, and as he saw fit. The thought of Yubin being in his clutches was almost more than he could bear. “Don’t worry Master Yoongi.” Jimin said, exhaustion showing on his face. “We’ll find her.” Hobi said before opening a portal for the three of them. Yoongi followed them back through to the demon world, determined to find her, before it was too late.

 

 

 

Yubin sat in a large cage behind what looked like a throne. “This is ridiculous! Let me out of here!” she yelled at Taehyung who stood beside the throne, his back to her as he tried to ignore her. “You are so dead when Yoongi finds me!” she yelled as she tried to summon her powers but a sharp electric shock flowed through her. She gritted her teeth against the pain, the electricity stopping when she stopped trying to summon her powers. “You should stop doing that.” Taehyung said, his voice gentler and deeper than she had expected. “That cage is no ordinary cage. It reacts to your spiritual energy. If you try to use your powers, you will receive a shock.”

 

She cursed at him before trying again, the same thing happening. She fell forward, catching herself with her hands, panting from the effort of trying to summon her powers. She heard his soft sigh before he turned to her. “Must you continue to be so noisy?” he asked. She spat more curses at him. “Screw you! Do you think I’m just gonna sit here like a good little captive? No way! I’ll get out of here, then I’ll make you sorry you met me!” Taehyung sighed again before turning his back to her again. She threw a rude gesture in his direction before trying to summon her powers again.

 

A loud chuckle sounded, breaking her concentration. She looked at the entrance to the large room, Namjoon was walking towards her, a smirk on his handsome face. “Persistent, aren’t you? But I'd appreciate it if you didn’t kill yourself just yet.” He said as he crouched down in front of the cage, Taehyung taking the que to leave. Yubin instinctively moved to the back of the cage. Something about this demon was different. Something within her told him that he was incredibly dangerous. Namjoon sensed her fear and laughed at her. “That’s a good little priestess. Just stay quiet like that until Yoongi gets here.”

 

“Yoongi?” she said, her fear momentarily forgotten at the sound of his name. Namjoon stood up and crossed his arms. “That’s right. You didn’t think that we were after you, did you? You're not nearly powerful enough to be interesting. You're just bait.” She frowned, worrying taking over her at what this demon’s interest in Yoongi. “What do you want with him?” she asked, a small part of her not wanting to hear the answer. Namjoon smirked down at her. “Revenge. Cliché I know, but I owe him for sealing me away for the last hundred years.” Yubin’s jaw dropped as she realised who the demon was. He was the one that Yoongi had sacrificed his freedom for, and he was now somehow standing in front of her.

 

Namjoon was pleased with her reaction, the fear in her eyes. “Ah, so it seems you’ve heard of me? That’s right, he is going to go crazy looking for you and when he finally gets here, I’ll be able to get my revenge on him.” Yubin’s powers flared in reaction to her anger and fear, sending another shock through her. “You won't win. Yoongi will defeat you.” She said, panting from the pain coursing through her body. Namjoon crouched down again, his hand shooting into the cage, his long fingers wrapping around . Her powers instinctively flared again, the electricity making her scream in pain. Namjoon seemed to be unaffected by it. “So ferocious. Let’s see how long you can keep that up while I play with you…”

 

 

 

Hobi, Jimin, and Yoongi stood outside of a large fortress. Countless lesser demons blocking their path. “You're sure this is the right place?” Yoongi asked as white fire burned at his fingertips. Hobi and Jimin nodded in unison. Yoongi turned back to face the army of demons in front of him. “Then let’s stop wasting time.” his hand shot forward, the flames flowing out, burning everything in its path as it twisted through the ranks of demons. Hobi and Jimin worked as a team, manipulating their energy to defeat their opponents, their movements completely in sync, as if they were one.

 

It seemed that for every demon they destroyed, another two would take its place. They barely made any progress as they tried to get closer to the inner building of the fortress. “There's no end to them!” Jimin panted out, Hobi right as his back. Yoongi’s fire surrounded them, spiralling outwards and taking out at least twenty demons, but more appeared, taking their place almost as quickly as their allies were burned to ashes.

 

Yoongi cursed loudly, a low growl making its way out of his mouth. “Master Yoongi. Don’t waste your energy here! You must save Yubin!” Hobi said, his mouth set in determined line, all traces of his usual smile completely gone. Yoongi hesitantly looked at the remaining demons. The spirits sensed his hesitation to leave them. “You’re the only one that can save her.” Jimin said. “We can handle things here.” Hobi said as he nudged Yoongi forward a step. Yoongi nodded as his hand lit up with flames once more. He focused his energy, the flames getting hotter and brighter. He his hand out in the direction of the fortress, creating a tunnel through the demons. He took off, not looking back as he heard Jimin and Hobi start to attack the demons once more.

 

He followed the feel and stench of the blood soaked energy through the endless, maze-like corridors of the fortress. When his patience was almost at its end, he spotted a tall, tanned figure standing outside of a large set of doors. He slowed down, looking at the face of the demon servant that he hadn’t seen in almost a century. “Taehyung.” He said, his worst fears confirmed. Taehyung nodded his head in recognition. “Move. Or I will cut you down where you stand.” Yoongi said, his voice even but impatient. Taehyung met his gaze, his expression never changing. “I’m afraid I cannot allow you to enter just yet.”

 

A loud scream sounded from inside the room behind Taehyung. Yoongi’s heart lurched as the sound of Yubin's scream rang in his ears. “I do not have time to play with you.” He snarled as he rushed forward, sending balls of energy at Taehyung who deftly avoided them all. Taehyung turned to him, his own black energy crackling around him.

 

Both of them formed swords with their energy, bright sparks surrounded them each time their blades met. Yoongi growled, his anger fuelling his actions and his strength. He threw multiple energy balls at Taehyung who avoided them all. His face remaining blank. Yoongi growled again, his patience already past its limit as he formed a wall of energy which filled the hallway and it in Taehyung’s direction. Taehyung raised a shield of his own energy and in his moment of distraction, did not notice Yoongi disappear and reappear directly behind him. His eyes widened as Yoongi’s blade entered his heart from behind.

 

Yoongi’s energy faded, the sword disappearing as Taehyung fell to the ground, but Yoongi didn’t spare the demon a second glance as he threw open the large doors that he had been protecting. Namjoon stood in front of the throne on the opposite side of the room, Yubin on her knees in front of him, her body littered with cuts and bruises as tears ran down her face. Namjoon smirked, his hand tightening on her shoulder, his claws digging deeper into her flesh. She winced, a small cry of pain making its way past her lips.

 

“Yubin!” Yoongi yelled, taking a few steps closer but Namjoon's words stopped him. “One more step and I’ll kill her.” he said, his grip tightening once again to emphasize his point. Yoongi stopped, his whole body trembling with anger. Yubin looked at him with pain filled eyes. Yoongi wanted nothing more than to hold her in his arms and tell her that everything would be ok, to never see such an expression on her face again. He tried to tell her all that with his eyes, promising her with his gaze that he would save her.

 

“She has nothing to do with this. Let her go.” Yoongi said, his voice low and dangerous. Namjoon only smirked at his request. “I don’t know about that. We were having fun before you got here.” He said as he ran his hand down her cheeks, smearing them with her own blood. She closed her eyes at his touch as Yoongi’s hands curled into fists. “Don’t touch her!” he roared. Namjoon chuckled again, his gaze lingering on Yubin, “Such a shame that human women are so fragile. Look at how she is after such a short time with me. I did enjoy playing with her, she put up quite a fight… at first.” He said, his gaze flickering over to Yoongi who was struggling to keep his rage at bay.

 

“But I guess that since you're here now you can keep me entertained for a while.” He said as he pulled his claws out of Yubin’s shoulder. She fell to the ground at his feet, a whimper making its way out of as blood soaked her torn t-shirt. “You’ll pay for this.” Yoongi snarled, his flames once again igniting around his hands. Namjoon smiled, “We’ll see about that.”

 

Yoongi’s fire curled around his entire body before shooting outwards towards Namjoon. Namjoon easily dodged the attack, landing at the bottom of the raised platform where the throne and Yubin lay. “Is that the best you can do?” he taunted, his own red energy curling around him. Yoongi growled as the ground began to shake beneath them as he used his energy to rip large chunks out of the stone below them, hurling them at Namjoon who chuckled as he dodged each attack.

 

“You’ve become so weak!” he said with a cold laugh. “I thought the almighty powerful demon Yoongi would have been more of a challenge!” he said as he formed a dragon from his power, sending it forward to clash with the large fox Yoongi had created from his white fire. The two creatures snarled, snapped and clawed at each other, illuminating the large room in white and red sparks. “It looks like your time with the humans has weakened you!” Namjoon called as his dragon grabbed Yoongi’s fox by the throat, tearing it apart.

 

Yoongi fell to one knee, panting hard from the effort of using so much of his spiritual power, while Namjoon hadn’t even broken a sweat. “Pathetic.” He mocked, his gaze landing on Yubin who lay unmoving at the base of the throne. A wicked smile spread over Namjoon's face as he signalled his dragon to pin Yoongi in place. Yoongi let out a grunt of pain as the dragon held him in place with a large clawed foot.

 

Namjoon went to Yubin's side, pulling her up by the back of her t-shirt. Yoongi roared out in anger as he thrashed against the dragon’s grip. “Get your hands off her.” he yelled as Namjoon gently cupped her chin, almost like a lover would do, tilting her head back slightly. He sighed down at her before glancing back at Yoongi, a wicked grin spreading over his face. “I want to fight the real you, not this pathetic excuse for a demon that sides with humans. Perhaps kidnapping your priestess wasn’t incentive enough? Then perhaps this will be?” he said as he plunged his claws deep into Yubin’s chest.

 

Everything turned into slow motion for Yoongi as he watched the blood spray from and down her t-shirt, the ground immediately turning crimson below her. He let out a cry like a wounded animal as Namjoon ripped his claws from her body which fell limp in his arms.