Coworkers

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day passed faster than I thought, Mrs.Hwang left an hour ago and Seung Hyun and I were sitting in the living room. 

'' What's wrong? '' he asked when he saw me fidgeting 

'' My hand is itching ''  it was really bothering me and I could cry if it didn't stop

 

He took his phone and started tapping something on it.  Great! I am suffering and he's chatting with I don't know who. After he was finished with his phone, he threw it and went upstairs. After a few minutes, he was back with the hair dryer. 

'' Give me your hand '' he ordered

'' What? '' 

He took my hand anyway but he was handing it gently, then he opened the dryer and pointed it slightly under the splint. After a few seconds, the itching was gone.

'' How did you know about this?  '' I was really thankful he stopped it or else I won't be able to sleep

'' I searched for it on the internet '' he said

'' So that's what you've been doing on your phone a few minutes ago? '' 

'' Yes '' he instantly replied then a smirk appeared on his face '' Did you think I was doing something else? '' 

Yes '' No '' 

'' Okay since you said so '' he replied laughing softly

 

I sat there for another few minutes but then I grew sleepy so I went to my room. It was hell changing my clothes with just one hand. I wore a nightgown because it was easier to wear and remove and I totally forgot about the new sleeping arrangement, the one that meant wearing a dress to sleep with is not the right choice. 

But when I realized that, it was already too late because Seung Hyun was already in the room. He went to the bathroom at first and then he came and started looking at me.

'' You gonna sleep in that? '' he asked

'' Y-yes '' I stuttered 

'' Oh, okay '' is he nervous too? 

And like in Jeju, I slept on the left side and him on the right. We both laid like robots on the bed waiting for each other to sleep. Suddenly he started laughing.

'' What's so funny?  '' I asked laughing myself

'' Nothing '' he said still laughing 

'' Come on, tell me '' I my left side and kept looking at him waiting for an answer 

'' It's just... just look at us, it's awkward isn't it? '' he spoke turning and looking at me. 

'' Well yeah, it's awkward '' I confirmed

'' Do you think there are other married people who feel like this?  '' he asked out of nowhere

'' You don't know, maybe there is more than what you can think of '' I replied '' I mean, I never thought about getting married like this  '' 

He put his hand under his head and said '' I never thought about getting married like this either '' we were then looking at each other eyes '' Why did you accept this? '' 

I honestly don't know the real reason '' I don't know, I was ready to do anything so they would stop asking me to move on and have a life. Chaerin said that it can be my way to find happiness '' I said sincerely '' What about you?  '' 

'' Honestly, I didn't want to at first '' he spoke '' After what happened to me, I hated everything. I couldn't stand being around anyone even my parents and my sister. I had this feeling that everyone is going to betray me. So when dad came and told me that I am having an arranged marriage, I refused. But then he told me he was sick '' he stopped overwhelmed by the feelings

'' What? is he okay? '' during these months, I grew to love my in-laws like my own parents so to know Mr.Choi was sick, brought a certain sadness to me.

'' He has a heart disease, and anything can cause his death. I was so afraid of losing my father that's why I accepted to go through with this marriage '' he told me honestly.

 

I was so happy he was being honest with me. It made me lighthearted but I couldn't help but worry about his dad. Certainly, he loved his father so much so if something happened to him he would be devastated. 

'' I am really sorry  '' I said, I wished I can give him a tight hug then but because of hand, I couldn't 

'' It's okay, I am sure he'll be fine '' he assured me with a smile '' Besides, I think I might need to thank him '' 

'' Thank him? for what? '' 

'' For making me marry you, I started to believe it was the best decision he ever made '' Don't blush, don't blush, think of something... yeah global warming... global warming is so dangerous... ugh! 

My mind was a mess and I was sure my face was a deep shade of red. I wanted to say that I felt the same but he was faster than me.

'' You don't have to say anything. I know I hurt you and I didn't believe you and I am sorry. I am sorry I hit you before, I never did that before and I regret it the most, I was just out of my mind back then. I am not expecting you to forgive me easily so I'll do whatever to make you forget about what happened '' then his hand was caressing my cheek '' And Ji Hyun thank you for giving me another chance even though I was a stupid jerk before '' 

 

I was tongue-tied, I didn't know what to do or what to say. I loved every single word he said and I knew he meant them. I knew right then that I was already head over heels for him. And I felt happy that we had a chance to fix everything and hopefully nothing like what happened, will resurface again. 

I was still staring at him silently until he finally spoke '' Let's sleep now, you must be tired '' he then his back and closed his eyes. I don't know how many minutes passed or maybe hours but in the end, I finally slept. 

 

 

When I woke up in the morning, I felt something heaving on my waist and I was sure it wasn't the splint. I looked closely and it was Seung Hyun's hand. How did it end up there? I tried to remove it without waking him but I failed.

'' Good morning '' he said with his raspy sleepy voice and god, I almost melted right there 

'' Good morning '' 

'' Did you sleep well? '' he asked and I nodded

'' And you? '' 

'' Well except for your snoring everything was good '' 

''

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter