Her perfume

Heartbroken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung Hyun pov:

 

Ever since Ji Hyun started working and me getting busier our meetings reduced. We would both be so tired at night and sometimes I would be back to find her already asleep. It helped me because lately, I started to have weird feelings toward her but this situation made me feel new feelings. 

 

I kinda... missed her. Even though I did my best to not to think of her or my feelings toward her, I still couldn't and creating a distance between us wasn't that great. So I always I found myself weak whenever I am around her and I wanted to talk to her whenever we were having dinner together but my ego and traumatized mind always stopped me. 

 

Every morning I find myself sneaking into the kitchen when she was making breakfast and stare at her. She so beautiful and I wonder why I haven't noticed that earlier. Every day she would wear something different but she always looked great, if we were in a different situation, maybe I would have always kissed her and told her how gorgeous she was, but I can't. 

 

No matter how much I wanted to try with her, no matter how much my heart told me to just let go and start again, however, my mind didn't let me. Every time I think about moving on, my mind flies back to the day I found Mi Sun with Dong Woo and the bad memories and feelings comes back. 

 

I was never hurt that much in my life so just the possibility of feeling it all over again alone makes me feel so scared. I know men are supposed to be strong but I just can't bring myself to fall in love once again. Even though I was sure that Ji Hyun wasn't like Mi Sun but still that what I thought the first time. 

 

 

We were like that for weeks but one day after I returned home from a business trip Ji Hyun was different. She was always nice to me but she was nicer. Before she used to ignore me when I neglect her but she didn't. She always smiled at me and even at night she continuously made sure to stay awake even if I came late and she always tried to make conversations during dinner. And it made me even more confused. 

 

 

One Sunday she came to me and asked what I wanted for dinner but when I told her to do what she wanted there was the surprise. I never thought she would do it and only make scrambled eggs. I laughed so hard that night and I only realized more just how different and innocent Ji Hyun was. 

 

After we ate that night we both sat in the living room, I was playing PlayStation but I noticed how she was staring at me and it made me uncomfortable. So that's why I invited her to play with me. I knew I was going to win but she was smarter and she distracted me and scored a goal. Usually, I would've been mad and a little sad when I lose but that wasn't it. Just when she was laughing and making a weird goofy dance made me lighthearted. 

 

After that night we couldn't have dinner together because one night I had to stay late in the company and the next night Ji Hyun came home late and she said that she was really busy because they had a new project and it needed to be ready in a short period.

That was really normal but after a week, I was resting at home when Ji Hyun came after she was shopping with Chaerin. And as soon as she came near me I smelled something different and so familiar.

 

'' I am so tired, I almost forgot how tiring the shopping is with Chaerin '' she whined as she placed some bags on the kitchen counter '' Oh you're here? '' she said as she noticed me but I was only focusing on the smell that was on here.

I stood from my seat '' Come closer '' I asked 

'' What?! '' she asked back obviously taken aback 

'' I said come closer '' I repeated and she did it but she kept staring at me weirdly. When she arrived at me, I moved even closer to her and put my face on the same level at her neck and I felt her take a sharp intake of breath. 

'' Why did you changed your perfume? and where did you get this? '' I asked as I remembered where I smelt this perfume before

'' W-what? how did you know? '' she asked, confusion was clear on her face 

'' Don't use it anymore, it's not good '' I added as I took a sip from my coffee

'' Excuse me?!  '' 

'' You heard me '' I replied

She laughed and then she continued '' If you said so then I won't wear it anymore '' 

'' Oh, by the way, mom called me and she said that we're all going to Jeju this weekend for my parent's wedding anniversary '' 

'' This weekend? '' 

'' Yes, I thought you may be busy but she didn't even give the chance to protest. Your family is coming too and she said your father doesn't mind if you came with us '' I explained

'' Oh, okay then. It can be a chance to relax '' she expressed smiling and I nodded. 

 

Then she went to her room and left me thinking. The perfume she was wearing was the same one Mi Sun used to wear and that's why I didn't want her to wear it anymore. She was innocent and I didn't want anything related to Mi Sun to be related to her. 

 

 

Since we were leaving on the weekend, I decided to go to the company to finish my work. 

 

 

When I arrived there I was welcomed by the last person I wanted to see. I felt my blood pressure get higher and my hands turned into fists but I did my best to stay calm because I was in a public place.

'' What are you doing here? '' I asked calmly 

'' Seung Hyun! You came! '' she said in the most annoying voice as she rose from the seat and came to me but I moved back 

'' I said what.the..are.you.doing.here?! '' I said through gritted teeth trying to keep my voice low

'' I came to see you! I've been calling you but I knew you changed your phone number '' she said trying to sound a little hurt but all I wanted was to vomit upon hearing her

'' There is a reason for me to change it and now leave when I am still being nice '' I was still doing my best to be civilized 

'' But Oppa I've missed you, please just give another chance '' she begged as she reached for my hand but I yanked it away 

'' I told you not to touch me! '' I yelled but I calmed when I saw the people in the office looking at us '' Leave and never show me your face again, this is the last warming Mi Sun '' 

Instantly her face reflected anger and annoyance '' It's because of her, isn't it? you're treating me like this because of your pathetic wife, right? ''  She just didn't call Ji Hyun pathetic, did she? 

I was fuming with anger when I heard those words and I forgot everything around me '' You're unbelievable!! '' I shouted as I slammed the door shut '' How dare you call her like that?! And did you forgot what you did? huh?  '' I am sure my eyes were burning with fire with how scared she looked back then

'' I already said sorry! Please, Seung Hyun, let's get back together! You know I can't live without you, please baby  '' she begged 

'' Not even in your wildest dreams! I don't need cheaters in my life '' I stated

'' It's all because of your wife! She playing innocent but she's playing behind your back! '' she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter