The Contract

A Pinch of Fairy Dust

Sandara Park hovered before Seunghyun's eyes looking much tinier than her usual tiny self. 

"Noona" he whispered softly "You are so small" 

Seunghyun extended his hand towards Dara in fascination.

However even before the tip of his finger could even reach tiny Sandara, violent shocks of electricity ran through his entire body and had him writhing in pain.

"Just so you know what you felt a moment ago were not tremors of love but the power of my Omega Wand 2016" tiny Chaerin kissed a black, shiny stick and pointed it at Seunghyun while mouthing "bang bang".

"I wouldn't think otherwise" Seungyun spat out begrudgingly through gritted teeth.

"Ciel! That wasn't necessary" tiny Sandara scolded the still grinning Ciel.

"On behalf of my sister, please accept my sincerest apologies" tiny Sandara landed on his side and gave him a deep bow. Seunghyun shyly bowed back.

. This is weird. .

"My name is Dee and I'm here with my sisters Ciel, Spring and Minja. We were tasked by our brothers and sisters to execute the contract between you and our world." 

"Huwaat?!" The strange news made Seunghyun jump a little on his bed.

"You know you won't win an award for overacting" Spring chided Seunghyun which made the latter pout. Spring just rolled her eyes at the childish gesture.

"Last night, you've caused quite the ruckus in our world. It's been hundreds of years since we've had any contact with the human world" Minja told Seunghyun.

"But I didn't do anything!" Seunghyun immediately went defensive as he could not entirely remember the events that transpired the night before. He could almost hear Seungri repeatedly murmuring in his ears over and over again, “It’s those expensive wines”.

"Did you happen to come across any moss-colored book as of late?" Ciel inquired.

"I don't read...much" Seunghyun sheepishly blurted out which had Ciel and Spring snickering not so discreetly at him so he added "I don't read a lot but I have a huge collection of art books and whatnots" 

"whatnotsSpring whispered too loudly to Ciel and the two laughed out audibly looking clearly amused by Seunghyun's embarrassment.

"Does your whatnots include girls on skimpy outfits?" Ciel asked teasingly.

Seunghyun colored crimson when Ciel hit the nail on the head with her question.

"I collected them for their artistic value" Seunghyun briskly explained.

"Suuure" the two said naughtily.

Seunghyun heard someone clear and shivered when he made eye-contact with a glaring Dee.

"The contract was made after you read the incantation transcribed on our book." Dee ignored the ruckus and tried to explain the reason for their sudden visit. "Hundreds of years ago, human beings weren't as irresponsible and as erted..."

"Pfft" Ciel, Spring and even Minja guffawed. Seunghyun’s face was flushed with embarrassment while Dee gave all of them a stern look and poised herself to continue her explanation.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, Human beings weren't as irresponsible with the environment as they are now. Fairies and humans used to be co-stewards of Mother Earth. As a gift, our ancestors gave their human friends the book which not only bestows the holder with knowledge about our world but also grants him or her with a single wish.

"A wish?" Seunghyun's curiosity was piqued.

Minja nodded "Yes, one wish. The incantation you read was the agreement that connected our world to you. When you say your wish, we will be bound to grant it whatever it be."

Seunghyun nodded thoughtfully as his mind calculated the countless possible wishes he could ask for: One year of vacation, A museum, A hollywood movie etc. 

"So, what would it be?" 

"Hurry up!"

"I still have an appointment with my manicurist"

"Shhh. Let him think."

"He can't even if he tries"

Seunghyun lifted his head and gave the quadruplets a determined look.

He drew a deep breath, "I don’t know what to wish for” and killed the anticipation.

“Idiot. Great we really are stuck with an idiot” Spring huffed.

“It’s not a problem. Dee can read minds” Ciel pointed at Dee who looked uncertain.

“My readings can be quite vague so I don’t think I can be of great help” she replies self-consciously.

“It’s okay any kind of help will do for this idiot”

“Will you please stop calling me an idiot” Seunhyun addressed Spring.

“Will you stop being one then?” Spring smirked at him victoriously.

“I’ll never win” he looked at Dee helplessly.

Dee drew a deep sigh, “Okay, I’ll try my best”

Dee touched his forehead with her tiny hand and closed her eyes in concentration. “I sense something small, cute and…fluffy?” she said after a short while.

“A teddy bear!” Minja guessed.

“Socks!” Spring offered.

Everybody looked at Spring in confusion. “Well, socks are small, cute and fluffy" she then looked at Seunghyun knowingly "And, he is a lonely and single guy so I’m betting his socks are not in their prime condition” Spring wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Minja scratched her head in confusion, “I don’t get it”

Ciel thwacked Spring with her wand, “Yah! Stop corrupting innocent minds” Spring just laughed while Dee blushes and Seunghyun wished that a sinkhole would appear under his bed and swallow him whole.

Dee cleared and tried to once again concentrate, “I also sense a…hmm…a star?”. She opened her eyes and locked eyes with Seunghyun as realization dawned on him.

 

“I wish for Sandara Park to fall in love with me!” Seunghyun said out loud without missing a beat.

 

All four fairies went slack-jawed staring at a triumphant Seunghyun.