Demon with a soul

Enhancing the fire

Jungkook's POV

"Jungkook-ah. I think I shouldn't have barged in" Taehyung mumbled rather to himself.

"Umm... Chanyeol-ah. Why are you guys here?" white wings… I mean Eun Jeong asked a guy.

"Just came to see how our sister was doing. Think you're doing great." The one named Chanyeol mocked her.

"Chanyeol …. Mind your tongue. She's your senior." A jet black haired guy scolded him. Actually it was really difficult to focus on what they were saying when their halo thingy were shining like batshi*t crazy behind their body.

"I'm Kai. These are my peers. Don't take what they say negatively." The guy smiled but it held no sign of friendliness.

"Jungkook. Taehyung. I think that you guys should head out for a while." Eun Jeong said without looking at us.

"But..." I was continuing when Taehyung screamed, "Yea! We'll come in once you guys are done."

Without my consent, Taehyung pulled me out of the house.

"What the hell are you doing?" I yelled at him. "Just because the angels don't have hearing power doesn't mean we don't have it either" Taehyung said giving me a disgusted look.

It totally slipped my mind that we could hear her even when we were out of the house. "Kai. Why are you here?" Eun Jeong asked the other white wings.

"Since he's a downworlder and he can see us, we thought we would perform the ritual ourselves." The white wings said.

"I said I'll do it on my own. So please stop invading my home and head back." Eun Jeong practically yelled which could be heard by any normal person walking on the street and not just us.

"What ritual are they talking about?" Taehyung asked looking at me.

"Don't tell me she's here on a mission to kill you" Taehyung freaked out. I just ignored his blabbering and paid attention to what the white wings were talking about.

"Eun Jeong-ah. The lord is still willing to give you a chance. You can stop this and come back or else you won't have a place to call home anymore." The guy said caringly.

"I have made up my mind and I told you that long ago." She replied getting irritated which could be heard in her voice. "Very well then" the guy said.

"But why have you brought all of them here? Were you going to force me?" she yelled once again. "No no. Don't get it wrong. I brought them here to assign them to their stations" K-…. Yea the one named Kai spoke again.

"But Jungkook told me that they have never seen an angel here before. How's it possible?" Eun Jeoung asked.

"Will you believe those filthy demons or your own kind? I hope you are not turning against us and being one with them. Remember…pure blood flows within your veins." Kai said. After that there was pure silence.

"You can come in now" Eun Jeong said poking her head out of the door.

"Are you here to kill us?" Taehyung said heading inside her house. "What? No." Eun Jeong said, disbelief etched in her voice.

"Do you want some coffee? I'm very good at making coffee." Eun Jeong said heading towards what I supposed was the kitchen.

"Let's skip the nonsense and get to the point. Why are you here?" I demanded her.

"Ughh… Let's have a seat first." She said and sat on a couch.

"So first … Why are you here?" I asked. "I'm here on a mission...and that is not by far killing you guys." She said looking at Taehyung who was about to interrupt her.

"And what ritual were you guys talking about?" I asked again getting too interested.

"Well Jungkook…I want you not to freak out…but the truth is that…the truth is that I am a guardian angel." She said very fast.

"Well we know that you are a guardian angel." Taehyung said looking at her weirdly.

"Huh??? Oh! I mean…Jungkook; I am your guardian angel." She said looking elsewhere.

For a while I zoned out and I couldn't hear anything...

"Whoa!!! Jungkook-ah. You have someone to protect you now." Taehyung teased me.

"I don't need any fu*king angel to protect me." I said through gritted teeth. For some reason I was getting really pissed off.

"So so…What is the ritual about?" Taehyung continued getting overly excited.

"Well. I have already chosen whom I want to protect. Now he has to accept me." She replied.

"And how is he gonna accept you?" Taehyung asked. I was just not in the mood to speak anymore.

"We need to be one with the soul and I am gonna say some words to him. If he can decipher it…It means we are compatible and that he has accepted me." She said.

"Ok. That's that. But there's a tinny-tiny problem" Taehyung continued. I too looked at him not knowing what he meant.

"You said you need to be one with the soul to proceed the ritual. But the thing is we demons don't have a soul to begin with." He said getting disappointed. "I already have solution for it. I'm gonna give him half my soul." She said like it was no big thing.

At that I just got up and left the house because it was just too absurd. Demons can't have a guardian angel. And just thinking about taking half her soul makes me wanna throw up. I am never going to agree to this.

"Taehyung. Let's go." I called out to him who was still inside the house.

Never am I going to accept this thing.