Chapter 7

Friendship is Love

   Tiffany-and-co-Bracelets-Lk-with-heart-c

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Jessica's POV

     After taking a shower I put on a random grey sweatshirt. It was a bit oversized, but it was comfortable. I could have just worn a t-shirt since the weather outside actually seemed nice, but I got cold easily. I also put on some skinny jeans and my samba adidas shoes. Yeah I looked kind of lazy, but who cares? My silky straight hair fell around my neck- just above my shoulders, and my bangs hung on my forehead.

     Finally, I walked outside and felt the fesh autumn air. It was only September, but the trees were already changing colors. The sun was shining a bit through the clouds. I smiled and walked towards the park in front of the college. It was really just a nice resting area for the students. There was a large meadow with trees littered here and there. There were a few small flower gardens and sidewalks that led to the school and the dorms.

     While I was walking I passed a group of girls freaking out about something. I was curious and was going to ask them what the drama was about until I heard their conversation more clearly.

     "Oh my god! I can't believe that Donghae oppa gave you this bracelet! You're so lucky!" squealed a girl in a hot pink skirt. When I heard Donghae's name I knew there was trouble.

     "Yeah he told me that I'm the only one he gave a bracelet to because he absolutely couldn't stop thinking about me these past few months. Isn't he the sweetest!" another girl said jumping up and down. I sighed. Why didn't these girls get over themselves. Donghae sweet-talked every girl with the same lines. I guess I would just have to lecture him again.

     I kept walking hoping to find him. However, I was about to give up hope after wandering around for ten minutes. Then, as I got closer to the school I heard annoying giggles, and I knew Donghae was close. I looked around, and of course. There he was with a short, brunette girl under a tree. She was wearing capris and a tank top that was definetely not school appropriate. She was leaning against the tree with her back and was looking up at him fliratiously. Donghae on the other hand had on long khaki shorts with a plain black t-shirt. He was making faces as flirty as the girl in front of him. One of his hands was pressed against the tree next to the girl's head, and his whole body was leaning in towards her. His other hand was was holding a bracelet. As I walked closed I noticed some more bracelets hanging out of his back pocket-they were all same kind of bracelets the group I passed had been spazzing about. I wanted to puke.

     I was standing behind the two lovebirds when I heard the girl lovingly say,"Oh Donghae." She was holding the bracelet in her hands now. I sighed and tapped Donghae's back. He just waved his hand and ignored me. Okay now I was annoyed. I shook my head and grabbed the bracelets out of his pocket. Once again I tapped his shoulder.

     "What!" He yelled as he turned around. 

     "Oh Donghae," I smiled as I waved the bracelets in front of his face. I got the enjoyment of watching his eyes double in size as he realized what I had. He quickly turned back around, but the girl wasn't there anymore. She was walking away toward the school library.

     "Wait! Um, um Cho Hee! Er no um I mean Chun Hei. Wait what was your name again?" Donghae called after. I started laughing and, he elbowed me in my side.

     "You're nothing but a player Lee Donghae!" She shouted back and continued walking. Finally, Donghae turned to me with an angry look on his face.

     "There are you happy now? You just made my last half hour go to waste," he growled. I just shook my head and looked back at him.

     "Donghae don't you ever get tired of flirting with these girls everyday. I mean seriously don't you have anything better to do? Like maybe you should read the summer reading that you were supposed to do. You do know that classes start in two days, right?" I questioned. He just rolled his eyes and sat down against the tree.   

     "That's why I have you. You read the books didn't you? Just fill me in." Donghae leaned his head back and closed his eyes. The sun shined on his face.

     "By the way when do you plan on giving me back all my clothes?" he continued.

     "Stop trying to change the subject," I answered. I knew I had a lot of his clothes, but they were comfy. Plus, he didn't seem to mind. I always gave them back- eventually.

     "Aren't you hot in my sweatshirt right now? God, just looking at you makes me sweat," he continued.

     "You're not even looking at me! Anyways, back to the subject. Why do you run after all those poor girls. Do you ever even actually feel anything for them?" I fumed. I was still looking down at him with my hands on my hips. Finally, he opened his eyes and started speaking.

Donghae's POV

     I looked up at Jessica. She seemed a bit upset as she stood with her hands on her hips. If we weren't such close friends, and she dressed more like a girl, I probably would flirt with her too.

     "No, I usually don't have feelings for the girls I play around with, but don't be so mad. I make sure never to get too serious with them. I don't want to hurt them either."

     Jessica seemed to calm down a bit. I closed my eyes again and continued talking.

     "Don't laugh, but I do believe in true love. I'm actually waiting for the perfect girl." And of course Jessica laughed. It always surprised me how girly her laugh was, and normally I liked to listen to it for some strange reason. Yet, now I looked up at her with a serious expression and stood up. I leaned against the tree and turned my face to the sky. Immediately Jessica stopped laughing. 

     "Sorry. I thought it was a joke," she murmured. I still kept my face towards the sky, and even without looking I knew that Jessica was pouting like a little child. Suddenly I felt her grab my hand and pull me away from the tree. She started pulling my arm up and down until I finally looked at her. I chuckled at how childish we got around each other and ruffled her hair.  

     "And what would this perfect girl be like?" Jessica smiled with one eyebrow raised.

     "Well, let's see," I thought out loud. "She would have a nice body. Nice shiny hair- I dont't really mind the color. And of course she should have a cute face"

     "Really Donghae?" Jessica interupted with a sarcastic tone.

     "Wait for me to finish will you! Anyways, she would be kind to everyone around her. Almost like an angel. And when she would walk into a room, everyone's eyes would turn to her. Most of all, she would make me happy." I was smiling now with my head bowed as I kicked the tree.

     "So have you met her yet?" Jessica murmured softly. I turned back to look at her and unconciously started walking backward toward the sidewalk.

     "I don't think so, but when I do the first thing I will say is..." I stopped talking as I felt myself bump into someone behind me. I turned around in time to reach out and grab her from falling. When she balanced herself in my arms she quickly pushed her hair back from her face. My eyes widened as I saw her.

     "I love you!" I blurted out.

No POV  

     "Excuse me?" the girl exclaimed. Her dark hair was let loose down her back, and she was wearing dark skinny jeans with a cute, sky blue shirt. She was clearly puzzled by the sudden outburst from the boy in front of her. Quickly she made sure she hadn't dropped anything and walked away. Donghae stood in the same place and hit himself in the head.

     A few steps away Jessica was struggling to get something out of her pocket. Finally she got the picture out and compared it to the girl she had just seen. Then, she began running after her.

     "Wait! Wait! Yoona I'm supposed to help you!"Jessica shouted after her. Donghae looked up startled.

     "SIca knows her?" he thought. Donghae didn't hesitate to join the chase as he grabbed for another opportunity to see the mysterious new girl.   

 

*****Okay so now Yoona has been introduced in her story! This is still a Haesica fanfic, but like I said there will be Yoonhae- especially in the coming chapters (sorry Haesica fans! Bear with me!). Also I know I promised some of you three chapters, but I'm sorry! I'm a little busy and this chapter took longer than I thought! Please don't forget to comment and subscibe!!