Chapter 5

Friendship is Love

 soccer-ball1.jpg 

*****Hey guys! Like I said in the last chapter- the story Yoona will tell Jessica is going to be written as a flashback. Hopefully I don't confuse anyone:) If it is written in blue, it means that it is a part of the flashback. The fanfic will probably be blue for at least the next dozen chapters:)

(FLASHBACK-still a part of the letter)

Jessica Jung's POV

     I am running across the campus to get to the soccer fields. Crap! I can't believe I overslept again! Donghae isn't going to let this go either. All I am going to hear is his whining for fifteen minutes and then we will finally get to the soccer game.

     Of course I guess we should both be used to this by now. We've been doing the same thing for the last two years. Every weekend we would wake up early (well early for me) and play soccer. Once we came to college we had decided to continue the tradition. We had met our senior year of high school and immediately became close friends. Then we were both accepted to Seoul University and we have been continuing out friendship here. Now we are both sophmores at the University. Girls don't even get jealous of me anymore since they all just see me as more of Donghae's annoying younger sister. I guess in a way that's true even though we are the same age and usually I am the one taking care of him. Basically, we are known throughout the college to be the best of friends.

     Me and Donghae had drove to the college together yesterday since break had just ended. I told him that we should rest, but he said that he needed a rematch for the last 500 games I beat him with. Sigh. Why doesn't he just give up.

     Finally, I reached the fields and I could see him laying in the grass. He was wearing sunglasses even though it was clearly cloudy outside. He also had on shorts and a sweatshirt. I looked down at myself. I had just worn some sweats too. Then again that was my usual outfit. My hair was too short to put all the way back, so I just left it open as always. I was holding my soccer ball and water bottle in my hands.

     I reached where Donghae was. "Yah, I'm here. You can get up now!"

     He slowly pulled his sunglasses down and glanced at me with one hand behind his head. Tch, trying to act cool.

     "Took you long enough stupid," He muttered. I became angry and kicked him while he was still lying down. Suddenly he got up and started running after me.

     "What makes you think you can kick me huh? Do you know how much this body is worth!?" He yelled after me. He was really chasing me now, but I couldn't help but laugh. Why did we always end up bickering?

     "What makes you think you can call me stupid huh? You know I'm still a girl right. How come you can treat all those other girls with respect but not me?" I yelled back at him. After I said this he stopped running. I kept going until I thought I was a safe distance away.

     "Oh is that what it is?" He was smirking now, and I was getting suspicious as he walked toward me. I didn't move back though since he looked tired, and he probably wouldn't do anything to me.

     "Is my Jessica jealous? Does she want me to give her more attention?" Donghae taunted me. He was standing in front of me now, still smiling. I glared back at him.

     "Of course not! I'm not like those other stupid girls that you run after like a dog. I mean seriously Donghae! Why in the world would I be jealous!" I retaliated. I don't know why he always started this conversation. Suddenly he grabbed my face between his hands. My eyes widened.

Donghae's POV

    I took her face between my hands. Her skin was soft, but I didn't focus on that. I was angry at what she had just said. 

     "Yah Lee Donghae doesn't chase after girls. Girls chase after Lee Donghae. Understand?" I asked. Jessica just rolled her eyes and looked away. Her face was a little red. I guess I had grabbed it too hard with my hands. It wasn't like Jung Jessica could actually blush like other girls did when I touched them. I loosened by grip, but not so much that she could get away.

     "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Now can you let go of my face? I just want to beat you in soccer and go back to the girls dorm to sleep," she replied struggling. Aish this girl was stubborn. 

     "No, apologize to me first, and admit that you're jealous." I was smirking, and I didn't plan on giving up. Yes it was childish, but I needed to beat her in something. I could tell that she knew I wasn't going to give up, and I could also tell she was planning something. Suddenly I wasn't so confident anymore.

Jessica's POV

     This Donghae! He really doesn't know when to quit does he? I was really uncomfortable with the skinship and closeness between us. I had seen what Donghae could do, so naturally I was suspicious of him. So I decided to use my greatest weapon. I let out my dolphin scream right in his face. He immediately let go and covered his ears.

     "Yah! You could have just threatened me! I would have let you go!" He yelled. I just laughed and picked up the soccer ball I had dropped during the chase.

     I turned back over to him and smiled, "So, ready to get beaten in another soccer game bestie?" He chuckled and wrapped his arm around me.

     "Let's play"

 

*****Just wrote this chapter to display the cute Haesica friendship. I love how silly they are together:) Please don't forget to comment and subscribe!