Chapter 32

Friendship is Love

Jessica's POV

     I was sitting in Sungmin's office wearing a simple skirt and blouse. My hair was done to the side in a cute braid and I looked refreshed and ready for the day. Someone who looked at me might think I was relaxed, but that was only my appearance. Underneath the clothes and hair, I was a mess.

     I'd volunteered to organize some things for Sungmin before breakfast started believing this would give me time to order my thoughts about everything that happened last night. There was no way I could go straight to work with the kids if I was still so worked up. I figured there were four things I could be certain about. Yoona and Donghae had gotten married after I left. They had a daughter who they named after me. Yoona had somehow passed away. Their daughter was at this camp. 

     Although I tried to keep my thoughts focused on those four points, they kept wandering. For some reason I constantly found myself trying to imagine the life that Yoona and Donghae must of had with each other. Had they been madly in love? Did Donghae used to come home each day and kiss her? Had they teased one another often? Had I ever been in their thoughts? The last question only lead me to question whether Donghae ever thought of me now, after all these years. Did he want to see me? The hopelessly still in love, idiotic part of me imagined thousands of scenerios where Donghae and I reunited. In these scenerios Donghae asked me to give him another chance. He treated me like an actual girl, not just his old best friend. Most of all, I liked to think of his reaction when he saw the new way I looked. I never changed for him, but I knew that the way I looked now was similar to the girls he used to chase around in college (of course I have more class).

     Yet, whenever I started daydreaming about me and Donghae, I felt a huge pang of guilt. Even though the chances of me seeing Donghae were still very small, i knew my thoughts were inappropriate. One, I just learned that my best friend (who was Donghae's wife) passed away. Two, Donghae already had a daughter who probably didn't want me thinking about her father in that way. And three, I was ENGAGED already! I had to love Hyun Joong, not Donghae.

     I let out a frustrated sigh as my hands continued to file more medical files for the children. A part of me used to think I had gotten rid of all my stupid feelings for Donghae, but clearly I was wrong, and this made me angry.  

     "Anyone in here?" I heard a muffled voice ask. This broke me out of my reverie, and I stood up to open the door. However, just as my hand reached for the doorknob, it swung open on its own. A man tumbled in, and we both went stumbling backward onto the floor. 

     "Ouch," I gasped as I felt his elbow hit my stomach. Luckily my head wasn't hurt as the man had placed his hand behind it right before we hit the carpeted floor. After hearing my voice, the man put his hands on either side of my head and pushed his head back from my neck to look at me. When I saw his face, my breath caught and I was pretty sure I forgot how to breathe. I was paralyzed in the moment.

     And with all the overwhelming sensations that took over my mind, the only thing I could think of was a late night back in college when I had first been pushed to the ground by this careless boy. And just like that night, his face broke out into a small grin.

*Sorry I know I didn't update last Sunday, but I ended up rewriting this chapter a few times, since I was never really happy with it. I decided to go with this, and you'll understand why in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed! Please don't forget to comment :)

(oh and as a side comment does anybody else ship Jessica with Kris and Kai from Exo? I'm really loving Krissica right now, and Kaisica is cute too!)