In which Momoring gets dragged around.

Of Yodas and Squirrels
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

          Before she was known as Sana-jjang, Twice’s clumsiest member, Momo knew Minatozaki Sana for two things.

          As a friend. And as a sister-away-from-home.

          She supposed that it was only natural that the feeling was mutual. After all, they arrived in Korea together, and they trained together for years. It was a matter of time before Momo felt some sort of kinship towards Sana.

          It was she who she would turn to when problems arose, and likewise for the other. She remembered the countless nights they spent, giggling over handsome sunbaes they happened to meet across halls, or taking the extra time to learn Korean (Momo found it startling how Sana could get the hang of it so well).

          And when everything started to blur and speed up, that it all started to feel dreamlike and unreal, Momo felt incredibly grateful to have both Mina and Sana with her.

          They were a small solace; a home of some sort.

          Yet home, despite its comforts, is never perfect.

          In a way, home could be annoying.

          She sighed as she followed Sana around the aisles.

          “Come on!” Momo whined, and slumped forward on the shopping cart. “Let’s go, the others are probably waiting!”

          She let out a groan as her companion outright ignored her, choosing to focus her attention to the boxes of chocolates in front of her. She watched Sana grab two, before turning to her.

          “Which one would Tzuyu like?”

          Like hell would I know. Momo bit her tongue and felt her own stomach grumble. Dinner time was approaching and they had decided to go for some last-minute shopping on the way home when they received a text from Tzuyu, asking them to buy some medicine for her head cold.

          Sana didn’t wait for a response and plopped the two boxes in the cart.

          The text sent Sana into a frenzy, and if Momo didn’t know any better, she would have thought that Tzuyu was in the final stages of her life.

 She pushed the cart full of snacks and drinks (a sick person needs to eat, Sana had said) with the medicine occupying a small corner.

          “Juice is healthier, but Tzuyu likes chocolate drinks better…” Sana murmured out loud. She eyed the aisle. Momo rolled her eyes, knowing that she only put up with this for the sole reason of Sana being just so obvious.

          She liked Tzuyu.

          It was clear in the way she fawned over the girl. Putting her first before anything else and, in Momo’s opinion, giving her special treatment.

Perhaps it wasn’t outright obvious to most, but Momo knew Sana well-enough after years of training together. Sometimes she would catch the girl’s eyes drifting over to Tzuyu’s, or the way hearts and sparkles would practically pop out from it whenever the other would do something adorable.

Momo could go on and on about it, but right now, she was too tired and hungry to care.

          “Sana!” Momo burst out. She stomped her feet in frustration, effectively putting the other out of her stup

Please log in to read the full chapter