Chapter 1

Sitting on the Fence

Chapter 1

Yixing stirred his straw in his iced mocha and squinted at the boy in front of him.

“Wait...what?” Yixing asked, intrigued.

The younger boy cleared his throat, “My friend’s friend is looking for a place to move in, and you could use a roommate, y’know?”

Yixing contemplated the long-legged, Yoda-eared boy’s words. He wasn't wrong, after Luhan had moved out to get closer to his workplace, it's been a bit lonely for him.

Chanyeol took a sip of his coffee and looked at the brunette for confirmation.

“So, what’ll it be?” He asked, paying no mind to the blazing coffee sloshing around in his cup.

“Chanyeol, I don't have the slightest clue who this person is. I don't know what they are like, their gender….moving in with someone is a serious commitment,” Yixing rambled, unaware of Chanyeol's rolling eyes and sigh.

“Xing-ge,” Chanyeol interrupted the brunette’s train of thought. “It's a roommate, not a relationship.”

The elder took a long drink of his mocha and began talking, “I’m just worried whether or not we’ll be able to get along. If we ended up hating each other, it would be insufferable seeing each other- heck, even living with each other!”

“You’re a nice person Ge,” he flashed him a boyish grin, “I’m sure he’ll like you!”

After a few moments of silence, Yixing spoke up.

“I’ll- I’ll consider it,” he muttered chewing his lips.

Chanyeol beamed and the brunette could’ve swore he saw lights coming out of his eyes.

“Thank you, thank you! Thank you!!” Chanyeol exclaimed almost tipping over his chair. He didn't fail to catch the attention of the other customers however, and Yixing felt his face flush.

“Ch-Chanyeol sh-shh…” He put a finger to his lips and gestured for Chanyeol to sit back down before he drew anymore attention.

Chanyeol laughed, his baritone voice deep, but not booming. “It’s just so nice to see you not so melancholic anymore.”

The brunette shot him a look of confusion. “Melancholic? How so?”

He scoffed, “Have you seen yourself? All you’ve been focusing on is work and it took a lot of convincing to get you here.”

Yixing recoiled from guilt. He had no intention of pushing the younger away, he was just really…..lonely.

“Sorry,” he flashed his signature dimpled smile and took another sip of his coffee.

A question popped into his head and slipped from his lips. “So.. How’s this person like?”

Chanyeol blinked once. Twice. “What?”

“Y’know, the person you were talking about?” Yixing’s curiosity prodded at him.

“Oh,” Chanyeol finally picked up what he was implying. “He’s...uh….interesting.”

Yixing would've facepalmed if he wasn't a patient person. “Can you be more descriptive?”

“He has a nice face when he’s smiling,” Chanyeol thought for a minute. “He could actually be a model now that I think of it.”

Yixing’s eyes widened in disbelief, “A model? He could be a model?!”

“Yup. He’s tall too,” Chanyeol added, glancing at his wrist watch.

The Chinese’s curiosity piqued, “What else?”

“Uh.. Sorry I gotta run.” Chanyeol picked up his coat and grabbed his messanger bag.

“What?”

“Class’s gonna start in a few minutes.”

“But-”

“I can trust you to pay the bill, right?” Chanyeol winked and dashed out of the café.
 
Yixing stared at the door and cursed Park Chanyeol for leaving him with unanswered questions…… and a bill.

 


Thank you so much for taking the time to read this chapter! It really means a lot to me ^^ My writing is so crappy tho orz. I can promise that the plot will develop however so please stick around. Also constructive criticism is appreciated!