IT’S FINE

YOUNGMIN+ 1 HOUSE+ I= DISASTER!

KIM JINAH

My evening was just a blurry one. I was missing Youngmin so much. I felt really surprised with Sungyeol, the way he spoke, it made me feel special even for once.

I opened the door and walked inside Youngmin’s room. I sat on his bed.

                “When are you going to return?”

Sungyeol’s words echoed to my ears again.

                I’m willing to wait for you. Even if it takes a lifetime I will, for you.

But what about Youngmin?

Is he still thinking about the divorce?

I still didn’t feel like eating so I returned to my room and slept.

 

SCHOOL

GyuRi nudged me on the arm.

                “jINah, are you okay?”

                “Deh, wae?”

                “You looked sick.” She held my chin but I removed her hand.

                “I’m fine, just too tired because of so many things to be done in the mansion.”

I heard her sigh.

                “How’s Sungyeol and you?”

I was stopped from fixing my bag and stared at nothing.

                “I still can’t understand why he’s doing all of these.”

                “Because he likes you, he wanted you to be happy and he thought that it would be better if you’ll choose him over your cold husband.”

                “But he’s just my best friend, nothing more than that.”

                “What about your husband, do you have any news from him?”

I shook my head, folded my arms on the table and leaned on it.

               

Days passed and Sungyeol was neither showing himself nor talking to me. I didn’t know what happen to him but the truth was, he’s making me worried of him.

Youngmin wasn’t calling neither giving any news of where he was. I was really worried of him, I wanted to see him and I wanted to hug him.

There was a moment when I was in the mansion after not eating for days, I almost collapsed and good thing Jieun was there to help me.

**

Break time and the students were playing in the court. I just found myself sitting on the bench in front of the basketball court where male students were playing.

Then that was the moment Sungyeol came and sat beside me. I gazed at him and thought that, was he still the Sungyeol I knew before?

                “Sungyeol” I murmured on the verge of crying. “Mianhe-

                “I’m not mad. You don’t have to say that. Just live happily in your life and I will be on your back.” he smiled and it almost melt my heart.

GyuRi came with snacks in her hands.

                “Don’t be too dramatic people.” She tossed the junk food to him and another one to me.

Her appearance made me feel better. I wiped the tears which almost break out from my eyes.

                “Blame this heart.” Sungyeol was already talking to Gyuri. “If only I was able to control myself then I wouldn’t fall for her.”

                “Ne?”

                “No, blame those stupid eyes of yours.” Gyuri said munching. “If you don’t have those eyes then you wouldn’t be able to see and meet her.”

                “I guess you’re correct with that, GyuRi.” I just rode on their jokes, making their heads turned to me. “What?”

They out of a sudden burst to laughter and so I did the same and joined them.

                “It had been awhile since I last laughed like this.”

 

I made home after class but the lights in Youngmin’s room made my heart tremble.