Before the KPCA Event Part 1

A Matter of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tricking Hye Kyo seems like an easy idea at first, but as he ponder over it, Joong Ki realizes that it’s going to take a little more planning than he had initially thought. After all, it’s one thing to ask Hye Kyo questions about the standing of their relationship or ask her about what he is to her. It’s a whole other thing to ask her about the future, and Joong Ki knows that if he’s going to get what he truly wants to hear from her, he’s got to reach a bit further.

 

But before that, he needs to gather his wits. He needs to win her over and over again just to make sure that she’ll choose him. And maybe, Kwang Soo’s plan is the perfect plan. A little bit weird at first and unusual of him but it will surely caught her off guard.

 

He suddenly got a call from Manager Ellen Park, telling him that Hye Kyo just arrived from Paris and she will be walking the red carpet for today’s event.

 

Without even telling me? Joong Ki thought. What exactly is she thinking? Is she planning to walk the red carpet without me? Hah, no way Hye Kyo. No way!

 

He decided rather drastically that he can’t prolong the talk he’s planning to have with her. All Gods be damned, he will have her answer before the awards. So, he speedily drive towards her house and texted his manager to wait for him in his apartment for he will have important matters to attend to.

 

Meanwhile...........

 

Hye Kyo is seated on her favorite one-seater sofa and just relaxing after a  nearly 12 hour-air travel. She needs to rest physically and catch some sleep before busying herself again for this afternoons’ awarding ceremony. She decided to just wear a dress rather than a gown to make her comfortable. After all, it was a State event not an entertainment event. Sure, there will be celebrities but majority of it will be from other sectors of society.

 

She was in a midst of dozing off when a certain voice interrupt her peace of mind. A voice she missed so much. Not talking to him for nearly a week even though he’s been constantly reaching out suddenly gives her a reason to jump him and give him a very tight hug.

 

But she have to restrain herself, because for all she know, the man whose sighing for the nth time already in front of her had been in her bad side lately. A simple sorry would not make the cut, especially now that she’s been thinking of ending things with him.

 

She love Joong Ki, she really does. Maybe she love him more than she ever loved the previous men in her life. But, as much as she wants to work it out for them, she just knew that it wouldn’t. All the possibilities of her making a life and family with him just vanished the moment she realized that she’s making the same mistakes she did in her past two relationships. And if she doesn’t want to hurt Joong Ki, she have to end this now.

 

The soonest, the better.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joong Ki walks in with his shirtsleeves rolled up to his elbows in the way that always makes Hye Kyo jump him, she opened her eyes, sensing his presence, looks up and gives him a small, reserved smile. She’s wearing one of his shirts and Joong Ki thinks that she looks adorable.

 

He kisses her on the top of her head in a way that is just slightly too intimate even in the wake of the steady, tense and loving bond-on-fire that they have built. He can feel her anxious stare at him when he braces his hands on either side of her hips and positions his face so that it’s right in front of Hye Kyo. Her eyes are a myriad of emotions and he can see longing in there as well as resignation.

 

He forwards himself to her to initiate a kiss and her eyes drifting shut to accept his kiss when he says it:

 

“How many kids do you want?”

 

Hye Kyo’s eyes pop open again.

 

“Um… what?”

 

“How many kids do you think we should have together?”

 

After the first shocking question, Joong Ki technically tugs at the hem of her shirt and very slowly massage her exposed legs and was tentatively wondering higher than what is exposed to his eyes. Hye Kyo gives herself a second to process what is happening before she covers his hand with his own.

 

“Are you trying to distract me by taking my dress off?”

 

Joong Ki bites his lower lip and Hye Kyo seems to be hypnotized by the way it was bitten.

 

“You noticed.”

 

She slaps him on the arm, hard. It would probably hurt more if she weren’t laughing, but her laughter died down and the mirth in her eyes quickly disappeared.

“I don’t think we can do this,..” she said, a serious look in her face.

 

That’s when he gets onto his knees.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter