A Best Friends' Advise

A Matter of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 24, 2016, Seoul, South Korea

 

Joong Ki doesn’t think he’s ever been as frustrated as he is in this moment, even though the moment is over too soon.

 

Hye Kyo flew to Paris early this morning and he haven’t had the chance to talk to her and beg for her forgiveness. He was a fool for letting his emotions rule out the logic in him yesterday evening and he lost it.

 

Things are not the same as before they’ve started, his relationship with Hye Kyo is a touch and go, he never knew when it will last and their work didn’t make it any easier for them.

 

For the past few months, his presence in her life is fleeting and he wanted to talk about it with her but circumstances never allowed him. Maybe it’s weird that they don’t talk about it, but Joong Ki doesn’t really know. He’s not sure if there’s any sort of proper procedure for falling in love with the woman of your dreams. Most people are rather quiet about their personal lives, but not in the way that they used to be.

 

He’d fallen in love, yes,  with someone that he already agreed to dedicate his life to and it’s easiest not to talk about the problems and issues that surrounds them just to truly feel like the relationship is a real one.

 

“Answer the phone Hye Kyo ah..”

 

“The number you have dialled is out of coverage area, please try your call later,” the phone service beep and then went off. Leaving Joong Ki in an emotional mess.

 

“Aishh...do you really hate me that much now for you to not answer my call?” He’s being unbelievable but he like it this way, he can blame her for everything just to know his sane.

 

“Is it going to be this way, Hye Kyo?” Joong Ki smiled a rueful smile, looking at her picture in his phone. He knows that he can’t bring back the things he’d said but they can work it out, if only she’ll accept him again.

 

***********************************************************************************************

  

October 26, 2016, Seoul, South Korea

 

After two days of ignoring the big picture, Joong Ki decides that he needs to talk about it. And when he needs to talk, there’s only two people that he goes to.

 

Lee Kwang Soo and Jo In Sung may not be the best people to go to for relationship advice, but they are both strong, solid listeners, and over the years,  has learned that this is the best he could ask for.

 

They aren't allowed to go out together because of security reasons, but Kwang Soo spends a lot of his time at In Sung's anyways. When Joong Ki shows up one afternoon holding a six-pack of beers, he is the one that lets him in, eyes slightly confused.

 

“What's the matter?” he asks, looking pointedly at the alcohol. “It's too early for beer this cheap.”

 

“You always think that it's too early for beer,” comes In Sung's voice from further in the apartment, and Joong Ki glances around Kwang Soo to see his friend grinning lopsidedly from inside his apartment. “What's up, man?”

 

“I have stuff to work through,” Joong Ki says dramatically, and Kwang Soo tries to stifle a laugh as he pulls the door open wider and gestures to the couch.

 

“Step into my office,” he suggests. “I might be able to help.”

 

“Thanks.” Joong Ki hops onto the couch, bouncing lightly before he settles himself into a comfortable lying down position on the well-worn upholstery.  Kwang Soo go into the kitchen as he grabs the bottle opener and In Sung grabs a soda for himself, never much of a drinker.

 

“So what's going on with you?” In Sung asks, heading back into the family room, where he sits on the armchai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter