A Fight He Can Never Win

A Matter of Trust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October 23, 2016, Paris, France

 

“Hye Kyo, you aren't giving me your all today. Get focused." Dylan Forsberg, her photographer, snapped in irritation.

 

Hye Kyo sighed, "Sorry. I'm just a little tired."

 

"Why don't we take a five minute break?" Hye Kyo's manager, Ellen Park suggested.

 

Hye Kyo shot her a grateful look and walked away from the camera. She grabbed a bottle of water. "Thank God."

 

"Hye Kyo what's wrong with you?" Ms. Park asked. "You came in here like a zombie and you aren't giving Dylan 110%."

 

"Mianhe." Hye Kyo apologized. "You know I'm not a morning person and I had to get here at five in the morning, sit in hair and makeup for two hours and a little bit of jet lag. Excuse me if I'm not as lively and focused as before." She saw a buffet table and started walking towards it.

 

"Well, does this something to do with Joong Ki." Ms. Park asked, handling her a piece of macaroons.

 

"Neh, he haven’t texted me or called me since I left?"

 

Ms. Park shook her head, "You two had been in a fight?"

 

Hye Kyo groaned, "Now, he hates me...One moment I was his everything and then just because of this and that, we were in each others’ throat." Hye Kyo didn’t notice the tears that were making its way to her beautiful face.

 

"Hye Kyo, I love you. You're like a daughter to me. And if there’s one advise that I can always give to you is that, don’t let your emotions decide for the future. It will never end beautifully. Think things through okay, talk to him."

 

"Whatever." Hye Kyo replied, Ms. Park sighed and pat her shoulder.

 

"Anyway, I think Dylan can let you go now." Ms. Park said, changing the subject. She left Hye Kyo for a while to give her space and for her to think.

 

"Liar, you’re a liar." Hye Kyo said remembering the fight she had with Joong Ki before she left for Paris. A perfect night that turned out to be her worst nightmare.

*******************************************************************************************

It was a beautiful evening and Joong Ki walked into her house and let out a sigh of relief. He was done filming for the week of his movie and couldn't be happier. He finally got a break. They will resume on the week after next week.

 

"Hi honey." Hye Kyo greeted. "How are you?" she sat beside him and offered her lips to be kissed by him. She missed him. She’s been a jetsetter for two months now because of her work schedule abroad.

 

"Good." Joong Ki replied. A hint of accomplishment in his voice. Battleship Island is a movie that he truly treasures the most. "We’re done filming for the complicated scenes today."

 

"Death scenes?"

 

Joong Ki rolled his eyes, "No, Kyo. Its called action stunts."

 

"Same difference." Hye Kyo said. "I'm just so glad you're done shooting. I was worried sick."

 

"Why?" Joong Ki questioned.

 

"You could've gotten hurt. I don't know why you did your own stunts."

 

"I had a stunt double just in case."

 

"That doesn't help my nerves at all."

 

"Mianhe, yeobo. But I'm safe." Joong Ki said and suddenly thought about their attendance on Korean Popular Culture Awards on Thursday. He can’t wait to attend the said event because he’ll be with her. He’d been attending award shows and walking in the red carpet solo for the last month because of her absence. Its been months since Baeksang and he misses her badly in those times that she wasn’t there.

 

"And how's you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter