Town Festival

A Collection of Sweet Nothings..

Home, there was no place like home indeed, nothing beats taking a break from the crazy city life and just enjoy the simple life, you were back in your small hometown not too far away from Seoul, you were here for the town festival like every year, only this year is different, this year your boyfriend of a few years jongdae better known as chen from exo will be attending with you, and you were excited to say the least because you rarely got to go on dates, let alone trips together, well not exactly … even though you did plan the trip together you couldn’t go together because of some last minute schedule changes for the boys, so you had to go alone until he finishes up his responsibilities and follows you.

This year you decided to participate in the festival with a bake sale, since you love baking and doing charity, you were now standing in your kitchen trying to decide what to bake and what you need, you eventually decided on cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies, then off to the local open market you went, you really wished jongdae was here, this would have been so much more fun but you understand that he has responsibilities as member of exo.

You were walking in the market taking your sweet time shopping, you missed this place so much.

As you were in your own little world of nostalgia you almost didn’t notice your phone ringing, you looked at the screen only to see that it was your beloved jongdae calling you, you pressed the green button eagerly “Babe” you exclaimed on the line earning a chuckle from him on the other end

Jagiya, are you having a good time ?

Yeah, sort of, I wish you were here

About that jagiya … I need to tell you something

Please don’t say it’ you chanted and prayed in your head.

I don’t think I can make it, something came up.. sorry jagiya

He said it ….

It’s okay jagi, it’s not like you can do anything about it” you tried to sound as stable as possible, you were really sad he wouldn’t make it, you never ask for much and it was his idea, he gave you hope then took it away, you couldn’t help but feel a little sad.

I have to run, I will talk to you later, love you” He hung up.

You continued your shopping trip feeling a little discouraged, after you finished you went home and unpacked your shopping bags and started prepping for your baking,

Suddenly a pair of arms snuck their way around your waist, you jumped and shrieked in surprise only to hear an all too familiar laugh, you turned around onlyNto see the person you wanted to see the most right now with a mischievous grin on his lovely face, “Jongdae..” you gasped, shock written all over your face .

Jagiya.. you look like you’ve seen a ghost, is that how you welcome your loving boyfriend?!” He whined and pouted cutely .

B-b-but you said …” He cut you off by pecking your lips. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world, I was just messing with you.” He assured you.

You are so mean” it was your turn to pout now and hit his chest.

Come on jagiya let’s do this, I am ready to help

You should have brought kyungsoo with you, he would’ve been really helpful!” You said innocently.

Yah what’s that supposed to mean?

What ? he is good at cooking so it would’ve been good to have him around

Why don’t date him then ?!” Jongdae replied very childishly and crossed his arms over his chest.

Oh is someone being a little green ?!” You cooed as you placed your hands on his cheeks.

He huffed and turned around making you giggle, “Aw come on baby, you know I only have eyes for you” You cringed at your own statement making him chuckle a bit and kiss you sweetly.

You then started baking together, you put jongdae in charge of fetching ingredients, considering his baking skills were just as good as his dancing skills, and you were in charge of everything else.

After you put your cupcakes and the cookies in the oven, you started cleaning up or you were supposed to, but a certain jongdae decided it would be more fun to start a flour fight, so after your little flour war ended in both of you being an absolute mess, and your sides hurting from laughing so much, you cleaned up for real this time and took your showers and changed.

You took your cupcakes and cookies and off you went to the festival, it was such a beautiful sight, the beautifully lit street with beautiful lanterns, and people talking and laughing and enjoying themselves, making memories.

It was such a dreamy atmosphere and to have jongdae with you, to make a new set of memories, you couldn’t ask for more.

After you were done with your bake sale in which you sold all of your baked goods, you went off to enjoy the festival and you showed him all your favorite booths and chatted about all you favorite memories from the past years,

Jongdae on the other hand realized that being here with you just made him fall even more in love with you, the way your smile shone and your eyes twinkled when talking about all your favorite things, to him was more beautiful than any beauty this festival had to offer.

On your way out of the festival , you stopped and turned to jongdae who also stopped and looked at you expectantly  “Thank you, it really means a lot for you to come all the way here even though you are busy and everything, I really appreciate it” you said quietly, smiling fondly at him.

He grinned in response and pecked your lips “Of course, I told you I wouldn’t miss it for the world, jagiya, I am really glad I came here, it was really fun

He smiled that smile that you love so dearly.

I love you” you said and kissed him one more time,

I love you too” he replied, then he turned around and squatted in front of you

Uh… jongdae… what are you doing?” you asked confused , “Hop on” he said

What ?” you laughed,

I said hop on, I feel like giving a piggy back ride

 “Okay, whatever you say” you told him and hopped on his back.

You made way home happily, this was definitely one of the best days of your life, and definitely an unforgettable night that you will remember for the rest of your life.