~ 6 ~

Intruder

Taemin opened his eyes slowly to a dark cabin, Key wasn't around and he had no idea for how long he slept. Getting up from his mattress he walked toward the door, when he opened it he saw the Captain making his way down from the deck to his cabin, he thought about closing it and wait until he’ll pass by but the Captain already saw him.

Minho stopped in front of him and eyed him, his expression was soft when he raised his hand and brushed his finger slightly on his chin, where the band-aid were.

“Hurts?”

“Just a little” Taemin said quietly and raised his hand instinctively to touch his wound, his fingers brushed over the Captain’s.

Minho lowered his hand immediately, like the slightly touch would make him lose control of himself, Key was right, he liked Taemin. A lot.

Nodding, he mumbled “Good night” right when he was about to go the boy placed his hand over his arm, he raised his eyes at him.

“Thank you…for, for not selling me”

In that moment Minho lost his track, the hell with his weird feelings, emotions, call it whatever you’ll like, but he craved for that boy badly, he wanted to kiss him again, touch him, make love to him, intruder or not,  god help him he wanted him now.

Cupping the boy’s cheeks and crushed his lips over his with a hungry kiss, his tongue invaded his mouth possessively, tasted him, marked him as his.

Taemin gasped and placed his hands over the Captain’s arms, the urge of his kiss sent shivers to his body, making him want more, he wanted the Captain to touch him like that night.

Taemin panted when they separated and arched his arms unconsciously around Minho’s neck, the Captain wrapped his arms around his waist and pulled him closer before he carried him to his cabin.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“I had a great night...” Key said with a sweet smile, though he was a little sad to go back to the ship after such a great ‘date’ with Jonghyun. Was it a date? Well, they had few drinks at the inn before they took a room for a night and the man gave him few heavenly s.  

“Me too. When are you leaving?”

“Don’t know, it’s up with the Captain…”

Jonghyun caught his hands in his “I know it’s weird thing to ask but, don’t go”

Key’s smile replaced with a frown “are you serious?”

Jonghyun gave him a meaningful look and nodded.

“I...I… we just met…”

“I know”

“And it’s weird”

“I know”

“And...it’s weird that I want to stay?” Key’s voice became quiet.

“No”

“I don’t know…”

“Please think about it, don’t leave without giving me an answer”

Key looked confused when Jonghyun let go of his hands and leaned to pressed  their lips together with a tender kiss.

“Have a good morning my little Kibumy” Jonghyun said when they separated and left Key to watch him leaving.

 
 
 

Key stepped slowly into the ship, he glanced at the port one last time but Jonghyun already disappeared from his sight, his heart craved to stay but his brain kept reminding him why he shouldn't. He needed to find Mir, he needed to take care of Minho, who would watch Taemin? he can’t just leave.

Or can he?

Walking into his cabin he found it empty, his thoughts about Jonghyun replaced by concern for Taemin, deep inside him he prayed that Minho hadn't took him to the slaves market again. Without thinking much he got out of his cabin and made his way to his friend’s, he knocked on the door quietly and waited, moments later Minho opened it wearing nothing but his underwear.

Key sighed in relief, he could see Taemin sleeping in his bed “he’s here” he mumbled and small smile crossed his lips.

Minho crooked up a smile and glanced at the boy “something happened?” he asked when he turned his gaze back at his friend.

At that moment Key knew what he needed to do “Minho…” he said quietly and a sad smile crossed his lips “I’m leaving”

There was no confusion, the Captain’s knew what he meant “what? Why?” he asked raising his voice.

“Jonghyun, he asked me to stay and…”

“You can’t be serious, you don’t even know him”

“Shh…” Key said and glanced at Taemin “don’t wake him up”

“Key, you’re making no sense” Minho said, this time quieter.

“I know, it’s crazy but...I want to”

“What about...Mir?”

Tears sprang in Key’s eyes “let’s face it Minho, we won’t find him, we haven’t found him for ten years”

“But-”

“I’m sorry. Thank you so much for all those years but I want to stay here”

Though Minho looked disappointed he nodded understandingly “what about...me,who would be my hand man?”

“You got Taemin now” Key said with a teary smile “he’ll be a good hand man if you’ll let him, he’s a hard worker and… I believe he’s having a crush on you”

Minho chuckled, though he felt bitter.   

“Take care of him, he’ll take care of you”

“Aye…”

“Goodbye Captain, tell the boy it was nice to know him”

“Key, I won’t sail until tomorrow if you’ll change your mind you can come back”

Key nodded and thanked his friend, he hugged him tightly before he made his was way back to his cabin to pack his things.

Minho inhaled heavily and closed the door behind him, Taemin’s voice made him turn.

“He’s leaving?”

the boy sat in bed, confused expression on his face, the sleepiness still in his eyes.

“You’re awake...”

Taemin haven't heard much of their conversation but he heard Key saying goodbye. “Why?”

Minho sighed and got back into bed by Taemin’s side, he rested his body on the pillows and looked up at the boy, Taemin hesitated for a moment before he allowed himself to lay his head on the Captain’s chest, Minho wrapped himself around him tightly, looking for a comfort.

“Captain…?” Taemin mumbled when he hadn't answered his question.

“Minho” he corrected him.

Taemin raised his head surprised “M-Minho…” he mumbled, he loved the way it rolled on his tongue.

Minho smiled and lowered his head to press their lips together with a soft kiss.

“He’s not coming back, right?” Taemin asked when they separated, he placed his head back on Minho’s chest and tightened his grip around his waist.

“No…”

“Why?”

“He found what he wanted”

“Mir?”  

Minho inhaled before he said “...love”

Taemin was quiet for a long moment, thinking about the word, many times he heard it, his father used to say the word when he talked about his mother, usually he cried when the word came out of his mouth along with all the good things that made her who she is, he knew love makes your heart flatter. Just like Minho did to his heart every time he touched him but, was it...love?

“Minho…?”

“Hmmm”  

“Have you...found what you wanted?”

The Captain’s body tensed for a moment before he mumbled “I… think I did”

“Is it...love?”

Minho looked down at the boy, he hadn't talked until Taemin raised his head to look at him, when two doe eyes looked deeply into his he smiled softly and nodded, yes, he loved him.