Chapter 4

The Pretty and The Hottie

 

I Love You

Classes just ended. Aaron rushed his way to the bus stop, ignoring all the people he bumped into. He barely have three minutes left or else he will surely miss the bus. Luckily for him, he didn't. He board inside it and made his way to the back row. He sat there in silence, thinking to his self.

After seeing that incident under the rain, Aaron decided to give his blessings to Gui Gui and Calvin. All he wished for is Gui Gui's happiness. And if she's happy with Calvin, be it. Besides, Calvin is his friend. Although he stole his girl from him, he can't really bring his self to hate him. Calvin is a good guy. He knew that his friend will take good care of Gui Gui.

But what about him? His feelings?

Well, he can always watch her from a far. Continue to love her silently in his heart, just like what he had been doing from the start.

That's what he planned...

He was shocked when the news of Gui Gui transferring school broke out. He refused to believe it at first. But weeks passed by, she never showed up, not even once. It has been three months now since he last saw her and God knows how he misses her so much. He longs to see her again. It's driving him insane.

Aaron was in such deep thoughts that he apparently missed his usual stop. Looking at the view outside, he realized that he was now in a place unfamiliar to him.

He was trying to find some road signs when he spotted a group of beautiful girls from a distance. They were walking along the sidewalk, happily chatting with each other. One of the girls seemed awfully familiar. Aaron squinted closely at the window. His eyes went big once the bus passed by these girls, giving him a chance to look closely at them.

Yes he was right, the familiar figure was his Gui Gui.

Aaron quickly got off the bus and chased after her.

"!" He cursed out loud. The moment he reached the place where he spotted her, she was already gone.

He ran around the town, checking every streets and every corners he passed by.

"Gui Gui!" He shouted, hoping that his voice will reach her. He kept yelling her name, ignoring all the concerned gazes of the people around him. He won't give up, especially now that he already found her.

But luck wasn't always on his side.

The sky was already dark when Aaron decided to stop the search. He had run around the town for several times but he can't seem to figure out where she went off to.

He rested his head on a bench as he waited for the bus. He stared blankly at the stars.

"Classmate Yan?" Aaron instantly turned his attention towards the direction of the voice.

Gui Gui stood there with a baffled expression on her face. One of her friends told her that someone was looking for her. She never expected that this someone was Aaron. She was confused. How did he found out that she was living here? And why was he looking for her?

Aaron stood up and walked slowly towards her. They were now standing face to face. He touched her cheeks, caressing it ever so gently as his eyes met with hers.

Gui Gui was taken aback by his actions. Her eyes grew even bigger when he suddenly pulled her into his arms.

"I missed you." Aaron whispered as he hugged her more tightly. "I missed you so much."

Gui Gui was practically lost for words.

"Why did you left? Don't you know how lonely I was? How miserable I felt not having you around? How I long to hear your beautiful voice? To see your beautiful smile? Everything changed ever since you went away. My heart stopped beating! My life became empty!"

Gui Gui stood there, frozen. Tears b in her big brown eyes. Aaron looked straight into her eyes, his arms still wrapped around her waist.

"I love you." He finally said, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

Tears uncontrollably fell on Gui Gui's beautiful face. No matter how much she fought it, it just keeps on flowing down. Aaron's heart squeezed in pain. It hurts him seeing her like this.

"I'm sorry." Aaron released his hands. Gui Gui looked at him with a sad, sad, very sad eyes.

"Don't you know... How I long to hear that words from you?" Gui Gui asked, taking a few steps back. Tears still running down her face.
"I have always liked you... secretly watched you... silently loved you..."

"Y-you... loved... me?" Aaron was a bit shocked hearing her words. But Gui Gui didn’t bother and ignored his question.

"Why? Why didn't you come that day? Do you know that I was waiting for you the whole time! Even if it started to rain, I waited for you!" Gui Gui shouted.

"I... I..."

"But you never appeared! Don't you know how hurt I was back then?"

Aaron walked closer to her. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm sorry." He said, gently wiping her tears with his hands.

"Stay away from her!" Aaron was pulled back by a great force. "What do you think you're doing? Making my girlfriend cry? And who gave you the right to touch her, ha?!"

"Wang Zi! Stop!" Gui Gui's eyes almost jumped out when she saw Wang Zi about to punch Aaron on his face

Wang Zi stopped his fist right before it hits Aaron's face. He shoved him back hardly, making Aaron fell to the ground. He immediately rushed over Gui Gui.

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" Wang Zi asked with a gentle tone. Gui Gui shook his head then walked towards Aaron who was watching them with confusion.

"I'm sorry, Classmate Yan." Gui Gui offered her hands but Aaron stood up without reaching it. He looked at her, then at the guy who was claiming to be her boyfriend, then back at her. Gui Gui sighed.

"I'm sorry... but please move on... forget everything about me." Gui Gui said before turning her back to Aaron. She began to walk away but Aaron grabbed her arms.

"I thought you loved me?" He asked desperately.

"Yes, I did love you, but that was all in the past." Gui Gui answered, not daring to look back. "I'm very happy with my life right now."

Aaron slowly let go of Gui Gui's arms.

"I wish you happiness, Classmate Yan." Gui Gui whispered before walking away. New tears streaming down her face. She made a choice already. A choice to finally let go.

“Even though we can’t be together, I will still love you forever.” Aaron whispered as he watched Gui Gui and her new found happiness disappear into his sight. He felt his tears stung his eyes. He tried to hold them back but it was too late, a tear already rolled down, staining his ice cold cheeks.

------------------------------
Awww. Sad ending :'(
Ok, fine... I'm just kidding.
This is not the last chapter!!!
I still want my life, so please don't kill me!
Oh yeah, Wang Zi made a cameo appearance in this chapter!
Thanks for reading! :D

♥ish