Chapter 3

The Pretty and The Hottie

 

Rainy Day

The alarm of the clock reverberated throughout the room. Aaron who was now wide awake, or still wide awake, lazily climbed out of his bed and prepared for school. He hasn't slept the whole night. He couldn't bring his self to do so. He tried though, but every time he closed his eyes, images of Gui Gui and Calvin together flashes through his mind.

If he had listened to the countless advice of his 'best friend' and made his own move, would everything be different? Perhaps? Or maybe not? He's not quite sure with the answer as well.

He put on his uniform and stared at his reflection on the mirror. He heard a lot of people praising him in the past. Handsome, hot, y, good-looking, attractive, dashing, charming, so on and so fort. Yes, he is this. Yes, he is that. But all of these doesn't mean anything at all. He can't even find the courage to talk to the one he dearly loves. He may be the most popular guy in the campus but he's nothing but a coward. A loser.

Another image of Gui Gui and Calvin entered in his mind. It made him boil inside, over and over and over again. Aaron needs to vent out his anger. He needed release. The next thing he knew, he had already punched the mirror out of his frustration. Blood was dripping out of his fist as he groaned silently to his self. He may be physically hurt right now but it's nothing compared to the pain he's feeling inside. His heart was shattered. It was tearing him apart.

The sky was dark and gloomy when Aaron stepped out of his house. Soon after, rain started to fall. It poured harder and harder at every step Aaron took. He was now soaking wet, but did not care a bit. He just hope that these raindrops, now piercing his skin, could wash all his misery away.

Even though the rain was pouring hard, Gui Gui decided to take a walk on her way to school. It's her last day in Sheng Ying University and the weather was just as lonely as her. If she had a choice, she'd rather stay here than transfer to another school. Sadly, she was not given an option.

She will miss everything about her school. Her good friends, the funny professors, the delicious food served in the canteen, the peaceful surrounding...

But who was she kidding here?

The person she will miss the most was, of course, none other than Aaron. She will miss everything about him. His serious face, his soothing voice, the way he laughs...

Was she exaggerating? She's just moving to the next town, not migrating to another country.

Her thoughts were disrupted when she saw Aaron wandering along the other side of the road. But something was definitely wrong with him. Was he zoning out? And why was he walking in the rain? What if he catch a cold? Gui Gui started to worry. Should she offer her umbrella? No, no, she can't do that... but...

After a minute of thinking, Gui Gui finally mustered the courage to do something and made a deep breath before crossing the road.

Aaron was staring blankly into space while walking, his mind was off to somewhere else. He then felt a familiar presence approaching him, an aura he usually felt when his lovely lady was around. He laughed silently in his mind. Was he that desperate? Must be because of his lack of sleep. And did he just said 'his' lovely lady? He never had her at the first place.

He snapped back to reality when rain stopped dropping on his skin. He didn't expect that someone will care about him, though he doesn't really need one right now. Still, God bless this person who has a kind soul and a big heart.

Aaron looked at the person who offered this kindness and was surprised to see the pretty girl standing beside him.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he stepped back, his voice raised a little due to shock.

"I... Uhmm... I... Err... I..." Gui Gui stuttered. She was taken aback by his actions. Did she do something wrong? Maybe he doesn't want her around.

Aaron cursed in his mind when he saw Gui Gui's expression. Why did he even raised his voice? She was obviously scared about it.

"I just s-saw you walking here. I-I'm sorry if I disturbed you. S-see you around."

"Wait!" Aaron pulled Gui Gui when he saw her about to leave. They have been classmates for almost two years now but believed it or not, it will be their first time talking to one another. And Aaron will not let this once in a lifetime moment to slip away... again. However his move just now caused Gui Gui to lose her balance. Both eventually fell to the ground.

Nothing exciting happened though. Gui Gui immediately stood up, much to Aaron's dismay. He was actually half-expecting an accident kiss on the lips. Maybe he's watching too much idol dramas these days. He stood up as well. He was about to grab the umbrella that fell to the side when a sudden roar of thunder filled the city.

Gui Gui jumped in fright. She threw her arms around Aaron's waist and snuggled up close to his chest. She was always afraid of thunders. She snuggled even closer to him when another thunder was heard.

Aaron froze, incapable of doing anything. He stood there with eyes wide opened. His heart was thumping really loud. Was he dreaming? God knows how happy he was right now. He was practically bouncing in his mind. He was debating whether or not to take an action about it. She looked really scared. So vulnerable. When he finally decided to hug her back, someone else had to ruin the moment and shouted his name. This made Gui Gui regain her consciousness and immediately let go.

Ugh. Why was he so slow?

Hebe dashed over to where the two were standing. She was basically fuming when she saw Gui Gui hugging his Aaron.

"Oh gosh! Why are you so wet?" Hebe asked overdramatically as he dragged Aaron away.

Gui Gui could only watch them disappearing in her sight.

No! This won't do! Be brave Gui Gui! She thought.

"Classmate Yan!" She called. Aaron stopped and immediately looked back.

Gui Gui who was now able to catch up with the two and took a handkerchief out of her bag. She gently wrapped it around Aaron's wounded hand, ignoring the deadly glares she was receiving from Hebe. She told him something before she bade her goodbye. Her clothes were now drenched and she needed to change.

Aaron gazed at his right hand before looking back one last time at the disappearing figure of Gui Gui. A smile escaped his lips.

“Thank you, my pretty ghost.” Aaron whispered before walking away.
---------------------------------
Aaron was on his way to meet Gui Gui at the school garden. His lips curled into a smile when he glanced at the handkerchief that was wrapped around his fist. His heart was touched by the concern Gui Gui gave him earlier. She was like an angel. He knew that she was a very caring person. She was willing to help everyone as long as she can. And to be able to experience it, he felt like floating in heaven. It probably meant nothing for her, but it was a big deal for him.

He was about to take the stairs when someone caught his attention.

"Hebe!" Aaron ran towards her. She was crouching on the floor and her face was really pale. "What's wrong?" He asked.

But before Hebe could answer, she already fainted in his arms. Aaron called her name few times before carrying her, bridal style, to the clinic. He was too worried to notice the evil smile on Hebe's face.

Gui Gui was anxiously waiting at the school garden. Her heart was beating so fast and she was nervous like hell! Today is the day! She's finally going to confess the three words she's been longing to say. Just thinking about it made her more anxious than before. How will Aaron react? She wondered. She was not expecting him to reciprocate her feelings though. Especially when she just saw him and Hebe hugging yesterday. She might actually get dumped. But she couldn't care less. All she wanted was to express her feelings she was keeping inside. Well, at least they had a moment before she say goodbye.

An hour passed by but Aaron was still not there, yet Gui Gui kept on waiting. She waited and waited but he never showed up. Rain started pouring again. She was now wet from head to toe, but she just sat there, hoping to see the one she love for one last time.

She was broken. She didn't anticipate something like this will happen. She was ditched!

Was it his way to tell her that she's nothing? That she's not important at all?

She curled up into a ball and hugged herself. She stayed in that position for a while, until she felt someone kneeling down in front of her. She looked up. The next thing she knew, the river of tears she was fighting to hold back finally found its way to escape from her eyes.

Aaron was rushing his way to the school garden. But what's the point? He was late. He's not even sure if Gui Gui was still there. But it doesn't hurt to try, right?

He was not sure what happened to Hebe but he needed to look after her. The school nurse also picked the wrong time to be out. The whole 3 hours he spent at the clinic, he was thinking about Gui Gui. She told him that she has something to say in private before she bade her goodbye earlier. He wondered what could it be. He imagined her saying the three lines he wanted to hear the most then sharing a passionate kiss under the rain after. He laughed. As if it will happen.

He sprinted faster and faster but his steps turned slower before finally stopping. Though her back was the one facing him, he knew very well that she is Gui Gui. Her pretty Gui Gui was still there!

He should be happy, but why can't he?

Was it because she was now soaking wet from the rain?

Or was it because she was with someone else?

He turned around and made his way back to the clinic. Maybe he got a little excited about what happened earlier. He was carried away and actually forget the presence of someone- Calvin Chen.

Calvin was wiping Gui Gui's tears using his hands. His head was leaned a little closer to her face which made it looked like they were kissing. Calvin actually noticed Aaron walking away. How could he let Gui Gui wait under the heavy downpour of the rain? He wanted to go after him and punch his beautiful face. But then again, he's talking about Aaron here. Aaron loves Gui Gui so much. He must have some reasons. But... Why did he just walked away right now? He sighed and let it go first. He have enough time to confront his friend about it.

-------------------------
Just to clear it, Aaron walked away because he thought that Calvin and Gui Gui were kissing.
Raar. Sorry for this crappy chapter. I kinda had a hard time finishing this chapter. Stupid writer's block.
Anyway, school's been pretty busy lately so I probably won't be able to update regularly.
Oh no! Sorry about that!
But I will try to update if I have time, just like now. LOL.

♥comment replies♥

@pretty_100 Thank you for reading! Here’s an update! :)
@Bubble Hello! Thanks for reading and commenting on both sites! I always see your name in almost every GuiLun stories I read! Awesome!:D
@lala Aww. Gui Gui's really leaving. And sadly, Aaron doesn't have any idea about it >_<
@xiao7chi Hi! Thanks for the comment! And nice to see you here as well! :)
@nina Thanks for reading. I'm happy that you like this story. And yeah Aaron should definitely man up already. He's somehow regretting it now!
@Cupcakes10000 Hi!!! You're here as well! Nice to see you on both sites! :D
@shiningKat I will definitely finish this story, no matter how long it takes. :) Thank you for reading!
@Nicole Colene Chua Thank you for reading! :D
@iloveyou , @littleghost, @GL<3, @frostylychee, @greenie Hey! Thanks for reading! Here’s an update! :)