Chapter 9

The Pretty and The Hottie

 

Together

This was not supposed to happen. Aaron thought as he watched Gui Gui dancing with yet another guy.

After they consumed their meals, they immediately began a conversation, getting to know each other better. They learned a lot of new things about one another and they were clearly enjoying each other's company. Their night had been great so far, until Jiro asked Gui Gui to a 'friendly' dance.

Things went downhill from there.

Aaron's thoughts on how to kill all the guys who danced with Gui Gui without being caught was interrupted when someone sat at the vacant chair beside him.

"Hebe." Aaron greeted, slightly guilty of forgetting about her. "You look wonderful." He genuinely said.

"Not as great as her, though." Hebe whispered her eyes towards the beautiful girl across the dance floor.

An awkward silence stretched between the two.

"Look, Hebs. I'm really sorry that I cannot return your feelings." Aaron said, breaking the silence. "I can understand if you're mad at me, but I just want you to know that you're one of my best friends, like a sister actually, and nothing will ever change that."

Hebe chuckled before turning her full attention to Aaron. She stared at him for a full minute before smiling sadly at him. "I'm not mad at you. Aaron. I have known all along about your feelings. You don't have to apologize. In fact I should be the one saying sorry. To you, and to Classmate Wu. If not for me then perhaps you two will be together sooner rather than later."

"W-what are you o-on about, Hebs? Me and Gui Gui... together?" Aaron laughed nervously.

"Oh please, you two are totally head over heels with each other."

"W-what?" Aaron squeeked in an un-manly manner. "Are you... Are you saying that... that..."

"Gui Gui likes you?" Hebe supplied "Of course she does! It's so obvious, I was surprised that no one else except me, and well Calvin perhaps, noticed!"

Aaron just stared at Hebe, dumbstruck.

"Didn't it ever cross your mind why she doesn't talk to you while she had no troubles in speaking with the rest of the male population in school?"

"Because she doesn't want to?" Aaron answered in a questioning tone. It did crossed his mind. And it greatly bugged him out.

"No, it's not because she doesn't want to, in fact she wanted to. Badly."

"Huh? Then why didn't she?" Aaron asked, confused.

"The same reason why you won't approach her."

Realization hit Aaron. The reason why he didn't approach her was simply because he's too scared of her reaction. She was after all, the most beautiful person in the campus, inside and out. He felt like he didn't deserve her because she deserves nothing but the best. And with all the great guys trying to win her affections, he felt like he wasn't worthy of her attention. So instead of being a brave guy, he settled on watching her from afar.

Did Gui Gui felt the same thing?

Hebe stood up and patted Aaron's shoulder. "You can always snatch her, you know?" She said before walking away.

Standing up, Aaron called out after her. Hebe turned around slightly, waiting for him to say his words. "Calvin is a great guy, don't you think?"

-----------------------------------

After the dance with Jiro, another guy took advantage of the situation. Then another guy, and another one. They just kept on coming. Gui Gui had a hard time saying no since all of the guys were practically begging for 'just one dance'. She looked at Aaron in the corner of her eyes and found him talking to Hebe. She felt a flash of jealousy but she quickly dismissed it as she remembers that she had no right whatsoever. Besides, Calvin reassured her that Aaron does not harbor any romantic feelings towards Hebe.

Speaking of Calvin, Gui Gui spotted her beloved cousin standing on some corner, also watching the exchange between the two. He started when Hebe stood up and patted Aaron's shoulder. She started to leave but Aaron stopped her. Hebe chuckled before finally walking away. Gui Gui noticed that Calvin had also moved away. She watched as her favorite cousin met Hebe halfway, offering his hand as to what she surmised as an invitation to a dance. Hebe hesitated at first, but eventually gave in.

Calvin's smile was the biggest one Gui Gui had ever seen so far. And it's only because Hebe agreed to have a dance with him!

Nevertheless, Gui Gui was happy.

If any person deserves happiness, it was Calvin.

-----------------------------------

Aaron smiled secretly as he watched Calvin steering Hebe to the dance floor with a big grin on his face. He was well aware of his best friend’s growing feelings towards Hebe. He just hoped that Hebe can also open up her heart to Calvin. He was a great guy, and he will be at ease knowing that Calvin will take good care of her.

Tearing his eyes away from his two best friends, he sought out the figure of his love. It took a few moments before he spotted her dancing with...

ing Lu Ting Wei. The resident playboy of the campus.

He was holding her much too close and the way he stared at her didn't bode well to Aaron. Hebe's words suddenly flashed on his mind.

"You can always snatch her, you know?"

"Gui Gui likes you? Of course she does!"

"Oh please, you two are totally head over heels with each other."

"If not for me then perhaps you two will be together sooner rather than later."

With a look of great determination, Aaron marched over Gui Gui and Lu Ting Wei. Most of the students have stopped dancing, curious as to what caused the usual calm handsome face of Aaron Yan turned into a scary one.

Gui Gui and Lu Ting Wei also stopped dancing when they noticed Aaron approaching. He shove Lu Ting Wei --so hard that he fell flat out to the ground-- grabbed Gui Gui's waist, pulling her close to him, and kissed her right there and then for everyone to see.

Gui Gui barely had time to blink before he pulled her close to him, pausing only for a second before he kissed her. And much to her surprise, she kissed him straight back.

It started with just quick and heated pecks on the lips, but when Aaron nipped lightly at Gui Gui's bottom lip, he took advantage of her small gasp and plunged his tongue into . Her arms desperately grasped his neck as he pulled her entire body more closely to him, if that was even possible.

The room went completely silent.

Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and stared at the couple unabashedly.

Hebe looked away, not wanting to see the intimate act.

Calvin wolf-whistled, happy that Aaron finally decided to make his move. But seriously, was the display really needed? They haven't stopped eating each other's face yet! Though he was genuinely happy for them, Gui Gui was still his cousin!

It took a few more minutes before they pulled away from each other, their breaths heavy. Aaron leaned his forehead over hers and stared right into her beautiful eyes. "I have always watched you from afar." He whispered. "I actually envy the guys confessing their feelings to you, wishing that I was brave as them. I really like you, you know. Ever since the first time I see your smile."

Gui Gui listened very carefully to the heartfelt confession, her eyes lovingly looking at his soulful ones.

"I was content on just standing in the corner, watching you every day. But suddenly you left. You left without warning. My life had never been the same since then. I miss your eyes, your cute nose, your luscious lips, your wonderful smile, your melodic laughter, your voice... Everything. I miss everything about you."

Aaron placed a gentle peck on her lips.

"I thought that I will eventually be fine. I just need a little more time. But with each passing day, all I ever think was you. I can't bring myself to forget you."

Gui Gui was so touched with his words, she didn't seem to notice the tears freely flowing on her face until Aaron wiped them off using his thumb.

"That's when I realized that I can't function without you. I needed you in my life. I... I love you."

The smile that appeared on Gui Gui's face seemed to brighten the room. She tiptoed a little --she was still smaller than Aaron even with heels-- and whispered something in Aaron's ears.

Aaron smiled a genuine blissful smile. He leaned over, kissing her once more. With more passion and love everyone had never seen before. People in the room completely forgotten.

"I love you too Aaron. Very much"

The End

-----------------------------------

Well, technically this is the end of the story but since I prepared an Epilogue just continue to read on. Hehe. :)