Chapter 5

The Pretty and The Hottie

 

Missing Each Other

The loud honk of the bus woke Aaron from his dreams. Beads of sweat trickled down from his forehead and he could feel his heart hammering in his chest. Scanning the environment, Aaron heaved a sigh of relief as realization hit him. That was such a nightmare. It felt so real.

'Of course that's just a dream. She's with Calvin, remember?' He thought bitterly.

'But maybe they broke up already?'

Aaron shook his head. How can this thought cross his mind? Calvin was his best friend! He should support him no matter what! He should be happy for him!

The bus pulled into a stop and Aaron immediately got off even though he wasn't sure where exactly he was right now. He saw some students running to catch the bus. He was a bit surprised since it was quite late already. One of the students accidentally bumped into him, causing Aaron to miss a certain person who ran past him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sor---Aaron?"

"Genie?"

"Oh my gosh! It is really you!" Genie jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

Startled by this action, Aaron patted her back awkwardly.

Meanwhile, Gui Gui managed to board the bus. She walked at the back row and settled at a seat near the window, exactly the same spot where Aaron was sitting earlier. She saw a couple hugging each other from the corner of her eyes.

"Eh? Isn't that Genie?" She mumbled, asking no one in particular.

"But I thought she likes Calvin?" Gui Gui just shrugged her shoulders since it's not her business anyways.

But... he looks so familiar... She squinted closely at the window as she tried to focus at the familiar figure but the bus started to move.

'Oh come on Gui Gui! Of course it's not him!' She chuckled at her own stupidity before her eyes suddenly turned wistful and sad. 'Maybe I miss him too much.'

Aaron broke the hug and looked back at the bus that was now slowly moving away.

"What's wrong?" Genie asked.

"Nothing." Aaron shook his head. "I just thought I saw someone familiar."

"Whatever!" Genie rolled her eyes. "Why don't you stay for a while? Come on, my treat!" She said happily.

Aaron nodded and glanced at the disappearing shadow of the bus one last time before walking away.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologize for not updating this story regularly. No worries, I haven't abandoned this story yet. Been pretty busy with school lately.
Anyway, sorry for this VERY short chapter. Things will start picking up next chapter so hopefully it will be longer.
Thanks for reading!

♥ish