Soccer

Just A Dream
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon; the sun was glaring a friendly bright glow upon the large soccer field, casting a shade from the rooftop semi covering the place. It was the perfect day for FC Men, the soccer team made up of idols, to compete.
 
Along with Hee-Jin, Seul Yi, and Eun Kyung, we managed to obtain VIP tickets to watch the game. Perhaps we bought it. I was the type of person who would never spend a cent on an album, but a one time chance to meet Woo Hyun up close by buying the most expensive VIP ticket seemed to make sense.
 
“There he is,” Hee-Jin squealed when her gaze fell upon Xiu Min who was stretching on the soccer field. All the guys were gathered there, and each of my friends had different biases, thankfully.
 
“Omo.. Omo.. Omo!!!” I began chanting under my breath, feeling my lips twitch into a stupid grin while I continuously hit my cousin’s shoulder.
 
There, at a distance not too far away, Nam Woo Hyun was also doing some basic stretches and began jogging in place. He looked just like the pictures I had saved on my phone: a black t-shirt and short pants with orange colored embroideries. A proud number 9 was printed on his back.
 
I couldn’t believe he was this close to me. My idol I could only admire through my laptop screen, today I could love him from up close. As a habit to pay attention to every single detail about him, I figured the rumors were true; his legs was a hairy forest.
 
Thanks to our VIP ticket, we were allowed to stand below the assigned seat area before the match. My eyes were fixed on Woo Hyun who suddenly approached our area. He went to the water dispenser that was very closely located to my current position.
 
The fluttery feeling was too overwhelming, and I quickly grabbed my cousin away from her Xiu Min admiring ritual.
 
“What?” Hee-Jin asked.
 
“He’s right there!” I squealed through my whisper and hid behind Hee-Jin. He was so handsome even as he was filling the plastic cup with water. How I wished I could’ve filled it up for him instead. How I wished he could notice me.
 
“Call him,” Hee-Jin encouraged, as if reading my thought.
 
“As if he’s gonna respond.” I laughed and rolled my eyes. He was an idol after all and wouldn't notice me, so might as well.
 
“Nam Woo Hyun!” I yelled just for fun.
 
But to my utter surprise, he swiftly turned around with that adorable lost puppy look on his face. He searched for the source of the voice and soon rested his gaze upon me. Well I partially had Hee-Jin to blame since she pointed at me in an obvious manner.
 
“Yeah?” He then replied, looking at me with confusion and anticipation.
 
I had no idea what to do in a situation like this. And upon remembering his ideal type was someone filled with aegyo, my body suddenly reacted on its own. “Oppa, hwaiting~” I spoke in an overly bright and cutesy voice, posing with pumped fists in a way that was no longer suitable for my age. It took me no less than a second to regret what I had done.
 
Woo Hyun was so surprised, I could see the frown sinking in his forehead. He probably thought I was weird, which I was. Maybe he was disgusted, I would be too.
 
But soon, that frown turned into a carefree laughter and he kept smiling towards me. “Thanks,” he uttered, toasting his plastic cup in the air, and walked back to the soccer field.
 
“He noticed me!!!” I squealed and started jumping up and down with my cousin who joined the celebration of my  achievement.
 
The entire match went well, and before I knew, we were somehow walking in the corridors away from the changing rooms. I was walking at the back, watching Hee-Jin walking next to Xiu Min, and Eun Kyung was next to Doo Joon. Seul Yi and Ki Kwang had wandered off elsewhere doing who knows what. I thought we had a mere fan and idol relationship, but apparently these people were dating.
 
“Did you watch the game?” Xiu Min asked and affectionately placed his arm around Hee-Jin.
 
“You played really well!” She replied him and he grinned.
 
“Thanks for coming to watch us,” Doo Joon said, and Eun Kyung answered by grabbing his hand in hers.
 
“Where’s Woo Hyun?” I bluntly asked, disappointed I was being a fifth wheel.
 
“He’s still changing,” Doo Joon answered.
 
“Oh…” I could not hide my disappointment and stared towards the ground. Since they all made it work with their idols, maybe I could make it work too.
 
Maybe one day, we could become more than mere idol and fan.
 
 
 


 

I don't know why Woo Hyun playing soccers appears a lot in my dream. Maybe because I like it~ hehehehe
This is an old dream from last year, and this is vividly what I remember. I shall probably post some older dreams again when I figure out how most of it went XD