Chemistry

Just A Dream
28 October 2016
 
As students, the dormitory we stayed at was like a safe haven and a second home to us. This particular school’s dormitory was known to be quite prestigious and famed itself with its luxurious exterior and an equally majestic interior. It shun beautifully during the night with electric candles placed on the corner of the castle like wall. One would feel like they were in Disneyland’s magical kingdom when strolling through.
 
Until everything got burned down.
 
Every student was running in panic, trying to retrieve some valuables from their rooms before it got caught on fire. But for many of us, there was no time. Some weren’t even in the dorm when the incident happened at night, while others were crazily running around in a chaotic mess to try and save themselves.
 
Whatever it was, we all watched our beloved dormitory go down in flames. It was quite sad at first, but also a breathtaking sight resembling an exquisite Renaissance painting.
 
Now, the students were seated together in some sort of a large dining hall with the absence of a dining table itself. The male and female students who were normally forbidden to meet each other after 10 PM were all sitting cramped together in multiple rows. We were all hoping one of the teachers would come and explain us of the next steps.
 
The anxiety and nervous chatters were broken when at the very end of the row, Yerin got up and began to announce something we thought would be important.
 
“I just bought a t-shirt with Chan Yeol’s face on it! They were having discount!”
 
All the girls immediately whined in protest for they wanted a shirt with their Exo bias’ face on it too.
 
Being an avid lover of discounts, I quickly chimed in from my seat. “I want one with Woo Hyun’s face too!”
 
If they had Exo members, I assume they should have one for Infinite members too.
 
Suddenly, a guy who was seated right in front of me, turned around from his seat to meet my eyes. He looked just like Woo Hyun, smiled at me the way I imagined Woo Hyun would, and stared so deeply in my eyes as if I was the only person in sight. My logic did not know whether it was Woo Hyun or not, but something about this guy still made my heart flutter.
 
“You don’t have to buy his t-shirt,” the guy spoke, and by this time I had convinced myself into believing it was Woo Hyun. “Because you already have-”
 
“Chemistry,” I finished the sentence for him, seemingly like a person trapped in trance.
 
His eyebrows sprung up in surprise, but grinned in amusement as I correctly guessed the answer. He shifted his entire body so that he’d be facing me, and smiled. Woo Hyun smiled.
 
“True, you don’t need the shirt because you already have chemistry with the actual person right here…”
 
I no longer had any idea what was going on around me. All I saw was that mesmerizing smile on his face, his dimples sinking so adorably on the corner of his lips, and the way his beautiful long fingers reached its way towards my cheek. I did not flinch at the slight touch, trying to remain cool despite my heart doing somersaults inside. My cheeks, however, was probably already red in color.
 
He was already leaning closer and batted his eyelids shut. Any sane person knew what was about to come. So I listened to my thundering heartbeat against my ears, absorbed the warm touch from his hand against my cheek, and then anticipated the kiss as he leaned in closer towards my lips.
 
And right when the magic was supposed to happen….
 
I woke up.
 
 


 

My dreams rarely consist of any skinship; it's usually more of the cheesy exchange. So this is the first time something close to a kiss happened, and I woke up. Hahahahahha.. I think this is a punishment I get for always creating cliffhangers for my readers T_T