Angel Eyes

Sweets and Spooks

AN: This story is quite different from the others, a change of pace :) I hope you guys like this and thank you so much for taking your time in reading my stories TuT thank you so so much! Also please don't mind any errors, I wrote this before I was about to go to sleep and I might have some mistakes here and there. 

As always I hope you have a very nice day and feel free to leave comments and reviews <3 I love reading them very much (/ ouo)/ it gives me strength when I read your comments and all~


Kim Mingyu never thought much of relationships, but that all changed when he saw the most beautiful pair of eyes he's ever seen. It was during the campus tour in freshman year when their group stopped by the arts building. The guide was talking on and on about the performing arts when his ears perked up and the wonderful sound of melodious piano keys sang in his ears. He looked left and right yet the rooms beside him were empty. 

Mingyu, being a wanderer, he strayed away from the group, letting his ears guide him as he followed the music that's been attracting him. It wasn't as far as he would have thought when the music he's been hearing came from the very end of the corridor. The door was open, he peeped to the side to find the most alluring set of eyes he ever did see. He thought his heart forgot to pulse, he thought that he forgot to breathe, it was an exagerrated feeling but it was very real. He felt his warm skin turning cold and his palms sweating. 

How can somebody be so beautiful just by playing the piano? He thought.  Mingyu didn't know what came over him but his legs started to move on its own. He looked in awe, like he was hypnotized by the sound and enamoured by the way the person looked. His came closer and closer, he wanted to see him clearly. He was like a kid finding the shiniest thing in the whole world, Mingyu scanned the boy's features slowly and deliberately.

Hair as dark as chocolate, strands that danced through the breeze from the open window of the room. Eyes that were small yet inviting, the look of passion drawn into it. Lashes that were long, lightly brushing the bottom of his lashline. Skin so pale that it can be compared to snow, yet the apples of his cheeks and his ears would glow into a beautiful blush of pink. His small hands that played the piano amazingly, and his lips that looked like they were bitten, Mingyu was completely taken in by the image of the boy and his beautiful piano piece.

"Are you... Are you an angel?" Mingyu unconsciously let those words slip from his mouth. 

The boy ceased from playing and looked at the man before him. He was shocked, his eyes were widened and it looked like he was confused. 

"Ah.." Mingyu addressed the awkwardness, "I'm sorry... I spouted nonsense." 

But the boy's expression changed, for what looks like he processed the words that came out from Mingyu's lips, his face turned solemn.

"What's your name?" Asked Mingyu.

The boy looked hesitant, but the look on Mingyu's face seemed so innocent. Should he tell him or not? But one thing is for sure, the tall man before him was interesting. He gave Mingyu a small smile, as he was ready to respond, the boy couldn't even start to voice out his name when suddenly the guide came bursting into the room.

"Kim Mingyu!" The guy looked furious, "Why did you wander away from the group?!"

"Ah, no.. I'm sorry- You see--"

"You are coming back to the group!" THe guy didn't even let Mingyu finish his sentence as he dragged the tall student out of the room.

"I'm Mingyu by the way!" Mingyu desperately shouted as he was being pulled away. The last thing he ever saw was the smile given to him warmly by the piano playing boy.

Ever since that day Mingyu always came to the arts building of his university. At the exact same time, in the exact same place he would see the boy playing the same piece all over again. He never thought of relationships before much less a homoual one but labels didn't matter to him, as long as he genuinely feels something for that person, he didn't care at all. 

He's been coming to the same room to watch the boy for more than two months and Mingyu could safely conclude that he was truly enamoured with him. They talk casually and they laugh together as well. Mingyu never thought he could meet someone so delicate yet strong at the same time. Slowly, he keeps on learning about the boy and slowly his feelings started to mature and grow along with their friendship.

"Say.. Jihoon.." Mingyu sighed out.

"Yes?" The said man looked at the lazy looking taller one.

"We never meet outside of this room." Mingyu tried to sulk.

But the look on Jihoon's face was something that Mingyu didn't expect at all, it was the look of sadness. The air between them became heavier and the room became silent. 

"I'm sorry.. I'm busy every time and this is the only place where I can spend my free time." Jihoon calmly answered.

"Is that so?" Mingyu said. He looked at Jihoon once more and he could feel his heart fill up with happiness and anxiousness. Mingyu, just like everytime he was with Jihoon, he had no control over himself. His mouth started to move along with the beat of his own heart and said, "Will you go out with me?"

It was too sudden, too fast to even process. Jihoon's blank expresson stayed frozen for a few minutes. He could see Mingyu scrambling and panicking in his chair, he could see the redness in Mingyu's ears that wouldn't go away. Jihoon wanted to say yes, of course he did. Somehow he felt warm by Mingyu's words but he gave a pained look instead.

"Am I no good?" Mingyu anxiously gulped.

"No..." Jihoon's voice started to crack, "I'm no good." He stood up from his chair, he can't even bring himself to look at Mingyu's eyes as he abruptly dashed away and out of the room.

Although he wasn't expecting an answer, Mingyu was far more heartbroken by Jihoon's reaction. He had so many questions inside his head that he wanted to ask Jihoon himself but ever since that day, Jihoon never came back to the room. Mingyu would go back to check and see, hoping he could catch Jihoon coming in or out of the place but each time he did, there were no traces of him.

Mingyu replayed the scene all over again, the look that Jihoon had on his face broke Mingyu's heart. Why would he say such a thing? For him not to be good enough? Mingyu wasn't too knowledgeable on love but he was sure that he was enough. Jihoon was more than enough for him, male or not, older or younger, Jihoon was someone he was sure that he could give his heart freely to.

But Mingyu was no quitter. It's been a week since they last saw each other and for Mingyu, it felt like  month. He's been coming in and out of the piano room, sulking from time to time but the look of determination in his eyes never faltered. Until one day when he was pacing back and forth the hallway filled with trophies and portraits of students, he suddenly stopped on his tracks.

It's like his world narrowed down and his eyes could only focus on one thing on that wall. It was the picture of Jihoon. He didn't think much that he was a crier, but the Mingyu's eyes welled up. He understood his feelings all too well, he missed Jihoon and he wanted to see him and talk to him so badly. He looked at the framed picture, somehow he felt something was off as he tried to observe the picture slowly. 

The frame was dull and the picture looked old yet it captured Jihoon like he took that picture the day before. Mingyu peered closely, there was something odd but he couldn't tell what it was. Luckily for him, a teacher was walking by as he grabbed him and asked, "Teacher! What class is this guy in?!" Mingyu pointed at Jihoon's picture. He was waiting for a reply from the shocked teacher but the teacher gave him a confused look.

The teacher had to adjust his glasses just to make sure that the oddly tall student was serious about the question.

"Are you joking? If you are, then that's not a very good joke, young man." The teacher sternly said.

Mingyu knotted his brows together, "Joking? I was asking a serious question."

The teacher's cold look broke as he sighed defeatedly. It was a weird thing to ask but he truthfully replied, "He's in class 3-A"

Mingyu's eyes widened, his irises sparkled like stars, "Thank you!" Maybe he could surprise Jihoon in his  class, maybe he could talk to him sincerely and truthfully about his feelings and clear things up.

"But you won't find him there." The teacher had an apologetic tone to his voice.

"Why .... Why not?" Mingyu anxiously questioned.

"Because that student...passed away..10 years ago." 

Mingyu was sure of what he heard but his whole world had gone mute. He wanted to laugh, he wanted to laugh at the teacher's joke but suddenly his eyes started to tear up and warm tears rolled down his cheeks uncontrollably. The teacher stood their in shock, Mingyu was frozen on the spot, he wanted to laugh but he couldn't because somehow he thought that the teacher was telling the truth.

It felt like his world came crashing down, his chest started to tighten and hurt, his stomach started to churn and his heart felt like it was carrying too much sadness to even function properly. Mingyu stayed mute the whole day, he would aimlessly walk back and forth and sit by himself. He wanted to process what the teacher said and hope and pray that it was just a hoke but why did Mingyu feel like it was too real? But at the end of the day he found himself back into the piano room.

Oddly enough he looked up to find Jihoon leaning by the window, looking over the scenery of the beautiful grass field of the campus. Mingyu dropped every sadness his heart could handle and immediately sprinted all the way to Jihoon's side. His eyes wide as can be, he was so sure he could see him properly, Jihoon was alive and breathing.

But Jihoon's eyes looked so pained, he looked so tired as well. He looked up to meet Mingyu's eyes and he felt so sorry and he felt so guilty of everything that Mingyu's been feeling all this time. 

"During winter.." Jihoon's voice seemed weak, he lightly pressed his hand on Mingyu's chest but Mingyu barely felt Jihoon's touch. "During winter I was about to meet a teacher that I liked...."

Mingyu wasn't sure where it was going but he let Jihoon continue his story.

"She was very beautiful and bright. I confessed to her on that day and I waited for her by the gate till evening to walk her home... But she never showed up. I foolishly stayed there till morning, the next thing I knew I was being rushed to the hospital and then everything out." Jihoon's sad eyes turned away from Mingyu's eyes as he slowly slipped his hand off of Mingyu's chest.

"Did...Did she like you back?" Mingyu wasn't sure why he was asking such thing but he wanted to hear from Jihoon himself.

"No. Not one bit." Jihoon gave a weak laugh.

"I like you."

The sound of Mingyu's desperate voice made Jihoon stop laughing. He looked up to find Mingyu in the verge of tears.

"Are you... crying?" Jihoon warily asked although he knew the answer already.

"...I am..." Mingyu looked like a 5 year old in Jihoon's eyes as he had snot slowly run down from his nostril. "It infuriates me how she could do that to you. It sickens me that she never gave you a proper answer and it makes me mad how someone like you can be so stupid like that!" Mingyu's feelings bursted out in one go, he tried to catch his breath as his eyes sharply looked at the smaller one in front of him and his fists tightly shut into a ball.

"Thank you." Jihoon smiled which Mingyu tilted his head in confusion. "Thank you for being angry for my sake." He stood on his tip toes, slowly he pressed his lips on to Mingyu's cheek. Odlly enough, Mingyu felt warm air rush through him and as Jihoon parted away from him, he shyly touched his cheek as the feeling of Jihoon's lips were still there.

"This doesn't change the fact that I love you, you know." Mingyu tried to stop his tears but it just wouldn't stop from coming out of his eyes.

"Thank you for loving me as well." Jihoon wrapped his arms around Mingyu, tightly he held him like it was his last day there. Mingyu slowly eased in to the soft feeling of Jihoon's touch, although he could barely feel it, he wrapped his arms around Jihoon's small body. His heart pounded inside of his chest yet he found it healing him. Healing his uneasiness from before, it felt like a closure for a farewell. 

Mingyu closed his eyes, taking everything in and making most of the situation. He wanted to stay like that forever. He wanted to be with Jihoon, to kiss him, to love himas much as he can give, to hug him, but he knew he couldn't. He wanted to hold Jihoon tightly and be with him forever, as he slowly opened his eyes, he found himself to be alone, hugging the air as he stood their without any other person there.


"Hey, what the heck is that guy, doing?" A freshman asked.

"I don't know but it's creeping me out!" The other one exclaimed.

"I think that's the third year who plays in the piano room down the hall..." Another one added.

The three looked at the man who was fondly placing his cheek against a particular picture of a student hanged on the wall. 

"They say that he always comes here to do that everyday." The first one said.

"What a weirdo..." The other commented.

Mingyu slowly parted away and looked at Jihoon's picture up on the wall with love still alive in his eyes, "Till we meet again, Jihoon." He whispered before taking his leave. He promised to himself he will live a fulfilling life until he meets Jihoon in heaven. Mingyu took a step back and proceeded to go to the piano room with a smile on his face.