Tears

Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Jongdae and Jessica were there together with Wangeun who was still so panic outside of the operation room. Soondeok was in there, it had been many hours but still no news about her condition. She lost so much blood after fell down hardly from stairs back at their house.

 

"Eun ah, take a seat please." Finally someone spoke, broke the silent. "You've been walking back and forth like that for only God knows how long. Take a seat now please." It was Jongdae, patting the empty chair beside his. "Come sit."

 

Being the obey puppy, Wangeun followed and sat beside his friend. Frustrated because why there was still no news about his wife and their babies? They had waited outside for almost three hours though. "Jongdae ssi, what if actually those doctor are sleeping inside? I can't wait anymoreee."

 

Jongdae had to surpressed his laugh at that guy's words. Doctors never sleep during operation. "They aren't, Wang Eun. Aren't you tired? I think, you're the one who should get some sleep." He smiled and stood up, took out wallet from his pocket. "Jessica noona, I wanna go to cafe to buy foods. Do you guys want anything too?" Wangeun and Jessica just shook their heads in respond.

 

But later, Jessica spoke. "Jongdae ssi." She called and the younger turned around. "Buy something like bread maybe.. for Wangeun. He can get sick if he doesn't eat anything." Jongdae nodded obediently and leaved the place. Wangeun was still looked down, worried to death. Jessica shifted closer and sat beside the latter, sisterly patted his back. "You have to be strong for them; your wife and twins." Wangeun replied nothing, so Jessica spoke again. "You have a really strong wife, Wangeun ssi. She rarely show her weak side, right? You have to be her strength now."

 

"It's all my fault." Finally Wangeun opened his mouth. "It's all my fault. She wouldn't fall down the stairs if we didn't argue this morning and made her hates me. Stupid me." He his messy hair in disappointment and anger on himself. He still looked handsome in such messy hair, only God knows how that even possible. lol..

 

Jessica sighed lowly and smiled, "Do you know how much she loves you, Wangeun ssi? Too deep that she willing to sacrifice everything just to see you smile. So, don't ever think she hates you and this is all your fault. She'll feel so sad if you keep blaming yourself." She sighed again, this time lower. "I barely know anything about you two, honestly. Because everytime I asked, Soondeok seemed hesitate to tell me anything related to you and her life background. But I know, you guys love each other so much. It is obvious that everyone can see that. So, you can't give up too early in this journey. She's in there, fighting with her life, for you and babies. Cheer up! Then you can cheer her up too."

 

Wangeun hesitantly turned, looked at the noona beside him. "Did she had ever tell you about anything else?" Anything... like nightmare?

 

"Oh yes!" Jessica smiled brighter. Wangeun's eyes grew bigger slightly, seemed so anticipated to know about the nightmare. But then... "She told me that she felt insecure sometimes because there are so many beautiful girls in this town and she said she felt shy and insecure. 'If one day, wangeun chooses to love other girl, I'll understand why.' She kept saying that sentences till I had to reassure her that she's pretty the way she is and you love her the way she is. What an adorable creature."

 

Jessica chuckled lightly and shook her head as her mind recalled back the adorable moment of Soondeok. Wangeun simply smiled and nodded at the lady's last sentence. So, Soondeok didn't tell anything about her nightmare to Jessica.

 

Exactly ten minutes later, doctor finally came out from the operation room. His face expression didn't look so good that Wangeun felt nervous to hear any words that would come from that doctor. Jessica and Wangeun stood up, greeted the doctor and asked for Soondeok's condition. As expected, it wasn't something they were glad to hear. "Sad to tell you this, her condition is quite critical. The hard impact on her back caused damage and bad side effect to herself and the babies. The chance percentage to save all of them are quite less, almost impossible. But we'll still try and give our best. It just in case if thing goes wrong, so I'm here to remind you about this as mental and physical preparation."

 

Wangeun's mouth slightly opened as if he wanted to say something but no words could slip out. How much he hoped all of these were just another nightmare.

 

"Do you mean, you can only save either one or two lives? And not all of them?" Jessica spoke for Wangeun who seemed lost his words.

 

The male doctor in spec nodded. "Yes, in this critical situation, we can't promise anything. If things go even worse, who'll you choose for us to save? We need your permission and agreement first, Mr. Wangeun."

 

Wangeun gulped and lowered down his gaze. He never thought this day would come when he had to choose between his beloved people, whether to let them stay alive or die. "I-- I don't know." He was so excited when he first knowing that Soondeok was pregnant and it was twins. But that happiness was meaningless without his wife by his side. "I don't know." He shook his head, tears began to pool at the corner of his eyes. He wanted to live with his wife for a long time while witnessing their twins grew up healthy. 'This is crazy.' He innerly thought.

 

"Wangeun ssi." Jessica placed her hand on the guy's shoulder, tried to calm him down. She knew how difficult this was for Wangeun.

 

At last, the younger litfed up his face again, looked at the doctor. "Please... save my wife." His voice was obviously shaking and watery eyes trembling with fear and worry. "But if possible... I-- I beg you... to save my kids too." He lowly but seriously hoped for it. The male doctor nodded and patted Wangeun's side twice.

 

"We'll give our best. Don't stop praying." He said before went back into the operation room.

 

Right after that, Wangeun couldn't contain his sadness any longer. He excused himself, went to toilet nearby, hid in there and cried. This was too painful for him to endure.

 

.

.

 

"Your Highness, are you okay? You don't look so good. Anything bother your mind?" Haesoo stopped beside 4th Prince, Wangso and carefully placed a cup of tea on the desk.

 

Wangso sighed heavily before replied. "I miss 10th prince. I know where he and his wife were hid but few days ago, I went to that place where I last saw them. Some netz told me that the two had moved to other place. But even though I know where they are, I can't visit them because it'll be dangerous if anyone can track." Haesoo silently nodded, understand though. Wangso was the one who asked Wangeun and Soondeok to run far from Goryeo. So far that nobody could find.

 

"You have to take the throne and become king as soon as possible, Your Highness. Then, after that, 10th prince and his wife can go back to Goryeo safely." Haesoo looked a bit sad. Of course she felt sad as she also miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter