Eternity

Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, cute lil girl~ Here is your doll." Wangeun handed the toy while the girl paid for it. "How about you, lil handsome boy? What can I get for you?"

 

"A slingshot!" The boy half shouted, excited to see those colorful slingshots.

 

"Slingshot?! Sure~ Wanna know a secret?" Wangeun smiled and that boy nodded eagerly. "Only true man plays with slingshot. Aren't we cool?" The lil one giggled proudly and again nodded. "Teheee. Which color do you want, boy?"

 

Wangeun was so busy serving his little customers. Some came by themselves and some with their parents. The biggest toy shop in that state, started the operation since five months ago and received fast recognition by knetz. That was what he had dreamt since kid and now he got what he wanted.

 

"Thank you for coming~!" He smiled, slightly bowed to his customers who was about to leave after buying.

 

After that, he closed the shop for lunch break, just around thirty minutes. Tired but satisfied. Wangeun slightly leaned against counter payment while drinking water. Through a window, he could see his beloved wife who was still so determined teaching martial art to her students.

 

He smiled at that scene. Soondeok had to deal with all of these hardships, moved out from Goryeo, hid somewhere else, lived far from her dad and hometown..... just to stay by her husband's side. He felt touched and grateful for everything his wife had sacrificed for him.

 

Few minutes later, Soondeok took a break for lunch as well. "Fifteen minutes break, everyone! Come back here on time, okay? Go grab some foods so no one will get starve or faint later." She said, sounded strict but caring.

 

"Yes, Sensei!" Those twenty students answered in unison before they dismissed.

 

Soondeok grabbed a small towel hung on a chair nearby and wiped her sweaty face and neck. Later, she went into Wangeun's toy shop to get some rest.

 

Wangeun was eating his lunch when Soondeok came and took a seat beside him. He turned and fed some to his wife who seemed pale and tired.

 

Soondeok munching the food while mumbled sadly, "So tired."

 

"I told you to just stay at home start from this week. But you refused. So stubborn." Wangeun lightly scoffed.

 

"But my cute students--

 

"They'll understand if you explain it to them."

 

"But--"

 

"I'm rejecting any but. It almost one month, Soondeok. I don't want any bad thing to happen on you." Wangeun slightly knitted his eyebrows, poked a sausage and shoved into his mouth before he took one spoonful of rice porridge. "Here." He brought it to Soondeok but the stubborn wife refused to eat more.

 

"Am not hungry yet."

 

Wangeun sighed, "But perhaps our twins in you are hungry."

 

"No. They are still full too."

 

"How do you know?" Wangeun tested, lifted up an eyebrow.

 

"I ate a lot during breakfast earlier." Soondeok merely answered, attention glued on a pretty plushie doll made by Wangeun. She took that toy and smiled at its chubby cheeks. "This doll... her cheeks look like mine." She giggled lowly, poked the doll's cheeks.

 

Wangeun smirked. "Do you like it?" Soondeok just nodded. "I made it while thinking of you. So, of course it kinda resembles you. I thought about to make it with baby bump too, same as yours, but.... it might scared my little customers." He lightly chuckled when Soondeok playfully hit his arm twice.

 

"Is my baby bump look ugly?" She asked with a small pout.

 

Again, Wangeun chuckled. "Aniya. It looks pretty, like camel humps." And he received hard pinches on his arm. "Oww oww it's hurt, babies, please safe daddy! Mommy is bullying me!"

 

"What just you said? Camel humps?!" Soondeok folded arms and grunted, looked away. Mood swing, pregnancy effect. Wangeun stopped laughing as he could read the situation.

 

He cleared his throat and leaned forward before kissed his wife's cheek. "Are you.... mad? I'm just kidding tho." No respond from Soondeok. Wangeun pouted and bent down, whispered something in front of her stomach as if he was talking to his twins in there. "What should I do now, babies? Mommy is sulking." A brief silence as if Wangeun was listening to the babies' reply. "Uh what? Oh really? Yes, I think so too. I should be more careful with my jokes, right? Okay, okay, I get it."

 

Soondeok was biting her inner bottom lip as she was holding the urge to smile or laugh at her husband's silly action talking to the babies and pretending like he could hear to the twins' reply. Silly~

 

"What? You two will kick my if I ever hurt mommy again? That's so mean..... I'm your daddy, kids! How dare you plan to kick  my . But, my is fine. Kekekeke."

 

So silly, so adorable. Soondeok failed to hold back her smile much longer. She almost burst into giggle but quickly covered his own mouth. Wangeun looked at her and smirked as his plan work.

 

"Eyyy~ Mommy is smiling now." He lightly pinched his wife's nose. "Come, eat some more. Lunch break almost finish and you'll need a lot of energy." He was holding the spoonful rice porridge and at last, Soondeok opened and let her husband fed her.

 

"Who do you think our kids will resemble much of? You or me?" Soondeok asked, hands played with Wangeun's left hand while his right hand still busy feeding two of them lunch.

 

"As they're twins of boy and girl, then I hope the princess will look as pretty as you and the prince will look as handsome as me." Wangeun grinned shamelessly, purposely praised himself. Soondeok scoffed and smirked, slowly nodded agreeing to her hubby's words.

 

"Strong as me and playful as you." Soondeok added.

 

"What? Do you think I'm so weak? I'm also strong even tho not as strong as you. At least, I can protect and take care of you during your pregnancy. Pshh." This time Wangeun sulked. Oh this childish married couple.

 

Soondeok glanced at the clock hung in that shop. Forteen minutes already passed, lunch break almost finish. So, she stood up and about to leave when Wangeun spoke to her.

 

"Hey, hey. Where are you going? Do nothing to persuade your sulking husband?"

 

Soondeok sighed and turned around, apologetically smiled before pecked the 10th prince's lips, fingers gently rubbed his ears. "Sorry. I didn't mean to insult your strength. Perhaps I'm strong but your smile, action and love aways make me feel weak. You're my weakness, Wangja-nim." She whispered, smiled prettily.

 

Wangeun scoffed shyly. "I know. Let's get back to our work. Shall we?" Soondeok nodded before they conntinued their work, teaching martial arts and serving little customers with toys.

 

That was their daily routine and they slowly get used to their live now. Living far from families and hometown in such young ages, at first it was quite difficult for them. But as time passed by, all of the hardships made 10th prince and his wife's relationship getting stronger as they need each other more.

 

"Let's promise to stay together and live our life happily. We can do this." Soondoek once said to her husband when they were about to sleep. She was always had positive thinking. Different than 10th prince who felt insecure and worried about many things. About his brothers who were fighting for throne, his grandad who had died from it, everything just made him felt scared and worried. He felt unsafe. "Wangja-nim." Soondeok undestood him too. She was worried about her dad who could get killed anytime too. But here she was, stay by her husband's side just to make this 10th prince safe from the king and those snakes.

 

"Why can't they stop fighting for throne? I miss our old good memories." Wangeun looked down, obviously angry, sad and disappointed. They were sitting in bed, about to sleep when suddenly they missed their families. "i-- I never wish for the throne. I just--- I just want all of us to live happily-- like before." His eyes started to tear up and voice shaking. Soondeok felt hurt as well seeing her beloved person sad like this. She reached up her hands and gently pulled Wangeun into a hug. He rested his forehead on his wife's shoulder and lowly cried. "I'm sorry, Soondeok ah. You have to deal with all of these just because you're married to me."

 

"Don't feel sorry, Wangja-nim. As what you once told me, we're married now. No one should die alone. Let's both live. Remember?"

 

Wangeun nodded. "Yes. Let's both live."

 

Soondeok still remembered her dad's words when she said that she wanted to marry 10th prince. How her dad keep persuaded her to choose other princes who were more perfect and stronger than 10th prince. But Soondeok refused and still insisted to marry the weak childish prince instead. She accepted Wangeun the way he was. She really loved the prince in her arms right now and willing to die for him. Even tho 10th prince wasn't as strong as other princes, but he was innocent and kind-hearted. He never thought about throne and power, never greedy about wealth and ranking. What he cared the most was love and happiness. Soondeok knew, her decision in choosing 10th prince as her husband was a right one from the start.

 

'Regardless of what others say, for me, he is Korea's highest man.' That was what Soondeok thought about 10th prince.

 

.

.

.

.

 

Carrying two lives in one belly wasn't easy, seriously. They were almost 4 months now.

 

Soondeok woke up in her sleep again just to get into toilet and throw up. She sighed, tired as she couldn't get enough sleep, lately. Wangeun was still sleeping soundly that Soondeok didn't willing to disturb as he looked so tired after worked till late night for many days already, since Sondeok stopped teaching martial arts for awhile and just stayed at home.

 

Once again she threw up in the sink bowl. "Ah... so tired." She lowly whined.

 

In the next morning, Wangeun woke up to the half empty bed as his wife wasn't there beside him. He sat and rubbed sleepiness off his eyes and looked around the room. 'Where is she?' Then, he walked out from the room to see Soondeok was arranging dishes on dining table for breakfast. She smiled when seeing Wangeun already wake up.

 

"Wangja-nim."

 

Wangeun just slightly nodded, washed his face and approached the dining table while drying his wet face using a small towel. "You wake up so early today. Did you even get enough sleep last night?"

 

Soondeok just smiled and nodded, still busy pouring water into glasses and arranging

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter