Edelweiss

Somewhere Only We Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Soondeok woke up a bit late than usual this morning. Wangeun wasn't in bed as he had went to work when she woke up. She couldn't get halfway sleep as she kept wake up almost every hour because of the nightmare. It was getting worsen.

 

"Soondoek ah, w--what happened-- omg, how-- Soondeok, don't do this to me! Open your eyes, look at me, chagiya-- please!!" Wangeun cried to see the dead wife lying on floor with blood around her. Soondeok died after drank the poison sent by Haesoo. Their babies also died.

 

'It was such a really worst nightmare.'  Soondeok thought and sighed, shut her eyes and placed palm on her forehead. She couldn't imagine if they really lose their babies. Somehow, she felt worried if the nightmare last night was a sign telling her that someone already knew where she and Wangeun living at now.

 

Later, Soondeok got off the bed, prepared herself and went out from room, heading to kitchen but stopped halfway when she saw food on dining table with a baby blue sticky note plastered near it. She slightly lifted eyebrows and read the note written before broke into a smile. Her husband was so adorably caring.

 

Soondeok ah, I've cooked carrot porridge for you as what you had taught me once before. Thank God I didn't burn the kitchen. Warm milk is here too. Enjoy your breakfast, my 'baby' and 'babies' <3

-sincerely, your handsome chef for today ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Then, Soondeok sat down and digged into the bowl of carrot porridge using spoon. She smiled at it and started eating. Even though it tasted a bit too salty than usual, but other than that, Wangeun did a good job. And the most important thing, there was no burning kitchen! After she finished the porridge, she drank the warm milk prepared. Again, she smiled. Never thought that childish prince could be this caring and romantic.

 

"Babies, how does it feel? The breakfast today was made by appa." Soondeok palmed her baby bump, chuckled lowly when she recieved soft kick from the two inside her as if they answered to her question. "I take it as delicious." She said. Felt so greatful for everything she was having now. Good husband and babies.

 

However, Soondeok's smile slowly faded when she remembered the nightmare last night. So far, it was the worst. In that dream, she lost everything; her babies, her own life, her husband. To make it worse, those things happened the night of their wedding anniversary. The blood that came out from and below, the babies who kicked vigorously but stopped moving few seconds later. The poison, the crying sound---

 

Soondeok shook her head to remove those images of her nightmare out from her mind. She sighed and stood up, went into kitchen with used bowl and glass. Today, she would receive a guest; Jessica unnie. Remember? The kind-hearted unnie she first met at antenatal classes last two weeks.

 

.

.

 

"Hey, morning, Wangeun ssi! Aren't you open your shop today?" A fine young man greeted Wangeun when he saw that black haired male came into his souvenir shop. Wangeun lowly chuckled and stood in front of the counter.

 

"Jongdae ssi, do you sell accessories for woman?"

 

The guy named Jongdae was Wangeun's closest friend since Wangeun moved to this place many months ago. "Accessories for woman? Is it for your wife?" He smirked teasingly. Wangeun scoffed and denied it, felt shy somehow. As what he knew, he wasn't a romantic typed of man. "Omg! Then, is it for someone else? You plan to cheat on your wife?!" Jongdae just as talkative as usual.

 

Wangeun almost chocked his own saliva. No way he gonna cheat on his wife. He cleared his throat and folded arms across his chest. "Y-- yah! Just tell me whether you sell any accessories for woman here or not! Eyysh... this rascal."

 

"What did you just called me?!"

 

"Rascal."

 

"Where do you learn that word?!"

 

"An old man called me that when I pulled his wig."

 

Jongdae face palmed at that brief story. "I don't think I need to know why you pulled his wig---"

 

"Cuz it looked fake so I just felt curious and wanted to make sure thing."

 

"I said I don't need to know. Ohhhhh my godness, pls give me some patient." Jongdae sighed dramatically before led Wangeun to a shelf where many accessories placed. "Here. You can also buy couple rings. One for you, one for her. Isn't it cool?'

 

Wangeun absentmindedly nodded while looking at those shiny accessories. He never buy such things so he didn't know what and how to choose the best ones. "I wanna buy hair clip for her. Do you sell couple hair clip?" Jongdae spared dumb look at him for few seconds. "What?" Wangeun asked dumbly.

 

"Couple hair clip, you mean, one for her and one for you?"

 

"Isn't it cool?"

 

Jongdae held the urge to choke someone right now. He gritted his teeth and grinned, "Yes so cool. I-- I just-- Idk what to say anymore. Just enjoy your time here and choose something you really prefer, friend." He patted Wangeun's back and went back to the counter. Wangeun hummed while choosing the accessories.

 

.

.

 

"Soondeok ssi~~!" Jessica smiled widely, happy to see the younger again since they last met at antenatal classes many weeks ago. Soondeok as happy as her, greeted back and let her come inside. "I come with my husband but he just drop me here as he has other things to do today. Soooooo, are you ready to spend a day with me~?!"
 

"Yes!" Soondeok grinned, couldn't hide her excitement anymore. They would spend the whole day together, talk about girl related things, do facial treatment, spa, make up, "Yes, unnie!"

 

.

.

 

Wangeun couldn't stop smiling as his mood was so bright after managed to choose and buy some gift for Soondeok. Hopefully, she would like it a lot. He had put it in a small gift paper bag, with help and advice from his best friend, Kim Jongdae. Tonight, Wangeun planned to give it to his wife~

 

"Welcome to Eun's Toy Shop!" He greeted his tenth little customer for that morning with extra brightful smile.

 

.

.

 

"W-- What's this, unnie? My face is sticky ewww."

 

"Aigoo.. Soondeok ssi, don't move! Let the mask dry for twenty minutes." Jessica giggled when Soondeok sighed childishly and folded arms across her chest. That younger never done such this facial treatment before, so she didn't feel really comfortable. "Your husband must like the result~ So, bear with it and stay still." Soondeok pouted and obeyed.

 

"Unnie."

 

"Yes."

 

"How do you usually celebrate your wedding anniversary?"

 

Jessica slightly smirked. "You still think about that? Since Yerin talked about this?" Soondeok sighed and looked aside. "Don't let it bug your mind, dear. Usually, I and my husband will spend time together, going out for holiday or perhaps just having dinner at home, changing gifts, do anything we can't do frequently because both of us are too busy. I cooked his favorite food and he bought me flowers. Sounds fun, right? You should try it too, Soondeok ssi~ Btw, how long have you two get married?"

 

"Uhm.. almost 4 and half years."

 

"Omg that's quite long for you guys to still haven't celebrate anniversary even just once! This year, I want you two to celebrate it. Arasseo?" Jessica grinned. Soondeok who was lying on the couch looked up to the unnie, expressionless before she broke into a smirk.

 

"But I feel shy."

 

So adorable. Jessica chuckled and sighed, "Don't be~ Just try it." She winked and this time, Soondeok chuckled lowly.

 

"Can I wash my face now?"

 

"No, don't! Not yet. Stay still, will you? Aigoo.. I think I'm becoming older by forty years by just handling you."

 

Soondeok grinned naughtily and lie down again, sighed and closed her eyes while wiggling toes, bored.

 

.

.

 

It was almost 6 pm and the sky was getting dark when Wangeun walked back home. Yes, he planned to go home earlier than usual

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter