Single Rose #3

Single Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwei walked into the room with a bouquet of carnations in her hand and stopped infront of the alter. Her eyes widened. Tears filled her eyes. *How could it be? She was recovering when I treated her as a nurse before.* She thought to herself. She stared at the picture at the alter. It was the photo of her previous patient, Kim Jisoo. A single drop of tear rolled down her face. She quickly place the flowers near the alter and walked out of the room as fast as possible. 

Jongin saw her reaction and went out of the room to follow her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked with a hint of worriedness in his voice. 

"Nothing, it's just sad that I don't get to say my last words to Jisoo before she passed away." Jinwei answered, tears b in her eyes.

"You know my wife?" Jongin asked, quite shock that the fact that she knew his wife. She nodded. 

"I use to take care of her when I still worked at the hospital. I work there as a nurse for leukemia patients and Jisoo was one of them. She was the closest to me during that time and I spent a lot of time with her despite that I have to take of other patients also. When I was there, I saw the everyday journey of Jisoo. Her condition got better when I was leaving the hospital. I just couldn't stand my patients one by one pass away in front of me so I decided to leave my job. I did not tell her anything of me leaving. After that, I did not get any news of her and now I'm here at her funeral. I feel so bad for leaving her without saying anything." Jinwei regrettedly said as tears streamed down her face. Jongin patted her head, attempting her to calm down. 

"If so, is your name Kwon Jinwei?" He asked carefully. She nodded her head softly. Jongin reached for his blazer's pocket and fished out a white envelope. 

"Jisoo gave me this letter and told me, if I ever met a girl named Kwon Jinwei, I have to pass this to her. So here, I think Jisoo wrote something for you in here." He said as he handed the letter to her. She looked it and cried again. She slowly opened the envelope with her hands shaking and read the note.

Dear Jinwei,

When you read this letter, that means I'm no longer on this earth. You were one of the best nurse that has treated me over the period of time when I was at the hospital recovering. You stayed with me through the hardest time of my life and you supported me so much. 

That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter