Single Rose #2

Single Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwei woke up to the sound of her alarm. She went to get ready for work again at the flower shop. She walked to the living room and took the bunch of rose that has yet to bloom and brought it with her to her work place. She got the bus and everyone gave a weird look. She just ignored it and put on her earpiece, blasting Shawn Mendes Treat You Better. 

She alighted at the stop she needed and walked a short distance to the flower shop. She unlocked the door and put her bag behind the counter. She got the spary bottle from the rack and filled it up with water at the sink located behind the counter also. She walked towards the flowers on display and sprayed water on them while saying, "Bloom well flowers." She put the roses she got yesterday into the long plastic containers that is on display. 

She then sat on the chair behind the counter and start to read a novel to kill time while waiting for a customer to come. 

A little 11am, the young man came into the shop again. Jinwei's head shot up and welcomed him back into the shop like how she does it with other customers. He asked her to get the same flower as before and she obeyed. She did the same routine and wrapped it nicely for him before handing it to him. 

"Thank you." The young man said and gave her a small smile. Jinwei was in a trance when she saw his smile. It was the most beautiful smile she has ever seen. She shook her head to get the thought out and smiled back. She put the money into the cash register before going back to read her novel. 

-------------

The days pass and it was the 25th of April today. Jinwei was waiting for the arrival of the young man to come buy another rose for his wife. She served other customers but he did not appear in her shop today. That got her thinking again.

*Did he go to a new shop to buy the roses?* She thought. She tried to shrug off the uneasy feeling and went back to work. 

------------

26th of April, still no appearance of the young man. Jinwei's curiosity was killing her but what could she do? She is not even related to that young man. She sighed behind the counter as she refilled the spray bottle with water. 

------------

27th of April, she was busy reading the new novel about romance she just bought the previous day when the charms hanged at the door made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter