Single Rose #1

Single Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinwei worked in a flower shop. The flower shop was located in a really quiet street so she does not expect much customers all day round. Usually, only young boys will come to the shop and buy a bunch of flowers. Who knows? It maybe for their girlfriends or mothers.

Today, 18 of April, it is a Tuesday and since it is a weekday, she does not have much people coming to the shop.

At 11am sharp today, she heard the bell of the door as it swung open. She looked up and saw a young man in his twenties looking through the flowers on display. She stood at the counter, observing his actions, in-case he needs  any help from her. He slowly made his way to the counter and asked, "Can I have a stalk of rose?" 

"Sure." She replied and was about to pick the rose that has fully bloomed and the one that stood out the most from the rest but stopped when she heard a voice behind her. 

"Wait, please give me the one that has not bloomed yet." He said. At first, Jinwei found it weird but then nodded and took the rose that has not bloomed yet and wrapped it up for him. 

"That would be three thousand won." She said while handing the rosh to him. He handed her the bill and slowly made his way out of the shop. 

Jinwei sighed as her thoughts went wild. *Why would anyone want to buy a flower that has not bloomed yet? Is it for his girlfriend? I don't think his girlfriend will like it if he bought her a flower that is unbloomed. Is he going to court a girl he likes?* The thoughts stayed in her mind the whole day. 

The next day, 19 of April. At 11am again, the door slowly opened and it revealed the same man that came in yesterday. He walked straight to the counter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter