two

Parallel Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“GIMME AN S! GIMME AN E! GIMME AN O-U-L! LET’S GO SEOUL HIGH!”

The school year has just begun, and the summer heat is still lingering. The sun is up, and the sky is blue. Our boys are playing against Sunrin High today, and the soccer field’s bleachers are packed. 


“Jr. passes to Mark, Mark shoots and GOOOOAALLLL” Seulgi shouted and I feel like my ears are about to explode.

“4-0! Oh goodness gracious, is it just me, or are our boys playing really good today?” Irene exclaimed, after the 4th goal of the day.

Seulgi and I nodded while still keeping our sight on the game.

“Oh my god, Mark is extremely hot today!”


“Yes! When he sweats, it’s like my whole body just melted!”

“And O-M-G, his smile is so cute I can’t even breathe. 911 emergency please!”

Ugh, freshmen.

The three of us sat behind a group of freshmen girls, and I wanted to puke right then and there. I think some of them are even from the opposing team. Tsk, traitors.

“Can we just end the game now? I’m pretty sure that its impossible for the other team to miraculously score four goals within the next 5 minutes. I’m sweating real bad, and I’m hungry.” I said as I started playing with my phone, bored of the game already. I played with my phone, scrolling through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook until there was nothing more exciting. As I look up, I searched the field for him, and to my surprise, he's actually staring back.

My heart skipped a beat. His dark hair is messy, and drops of sweat were dripping down his face. Puberty hit him extremely hard. I didn’t know the nerd that used to be my arch enemy in primary school could look extremely hot when sweating. Wait, what the hell? What was I even thinking?

He smiled and waved at my direction. I smiled back. This caused a few of the freshmen sitting in front of me to look back, searching for whoever their superstar is waving at. Some of them glared, and some others started whispering.

"Wendy! Mark just waved at you! Blow him a kiss!" Seulgi teased while giggling almost too loudly.

"Dibs on Markdy! I've shipped you guys from last year, so if you start dating Mark for real, my heart is going to explode with all these feels!" Irene added.

I shrugged at their comments and just continued playing with my phone.

"PREEEEET!" the referee blew the whistle, signaling that the game was over. Finally.

"I'm going to the guys to congratulate them!" Seulgi said as she rushed off to where the boys were.

“Wait for me!” Irene called out for Seulgi. “Wen, aren’t you coming?”

“I don’t think I have time, I need to meet with Mr. Will and submit my summer internship report, remember?”

“Oh right, I forgot about that.”

“Just congratulate the boys for me. I’ll meet with you guys at the canteen!” I smiled at her and immediately fast-walk, almost ran, towards Mr. Will’s classroom because the lunch break was almost over, and I need to submit the report now, or I’ll get a 0 for my two-months’ worth of working hours. To add on, I haven’t eaten lunch yet because of that stupid soccer game.

As soon as I reached his classroom, he asked me to ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter